**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
34,664
Reaction score
2,777
There is going to be a mildly embarrassing, Allen Lazardesque tweet before the day is over. Honestly, that may very well be the hold up. Gotta pick the right dunk photo.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Charles Matthews is back and he had 1st round potential.

 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Happ already announced he's returning.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
This is why BTN isn't saying he is confirmed back yet.
 

LifelongHawk

Member
Joined
Sep 8, 2010
Messages
6,209
Reaction score
6,329
LEAVING
Illinois’ Leron Black
Maryland’s Kevin Huerter
Maryland’s Justin Jackson
Michigan’s Moe Wagner
Michigan State’s Miles Bridges
Michigan State’s Jaren Jackson Jr.
Ohio State’s Keita Bates-Diop
Penn State’s Tony Carr
Rutgers’ Corey Sanders

STAYING
Indiana’s Juwan Morgan
Iowa’s Isaiah Moss
Maryland’s Bruno Fernando
Michigan’s Charles Matthews
Michigan State’s Nick Ward
Nebrantska’s Isaac Copeland Jr.
Nebrantska’s James Palmer Jr.
Purdue’s Nojel Eastern
Purdue’s Carsen Edwards

UNDECIDED
Iowa’s Tyler Cook
Wisconsin’s Ethan Happ

All the guys leaving so far likely to get drafted except the Illinois and Rutgers fantasies?

I guess I can see TC looking at those 2 lists and thinking I'm more A than B. But facts is facts, and best decision is pretty obvious.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Jesus, people. Happ is returning.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Jesus, people. Happ is returning.
He very likely is and literally nobody said he isn't, but your statement of "Happ already announced he is returning" is flat out wrong.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Jesus, people. Happ is returning.
He very likely is and literally nobody said he isn't, but your statement of "Happ already announced he is returning" is flat out wrong.
LOL. Ok, Dougie.

Hey everyone, Happ hasn't "announced" he's returning. But he's returning, ok? It's out there. But Doug is correct. That's what is most important.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Jesus, people. Happ is returning.
He very likely is and literally nobody said he isn't, but your statement of "Happ already announced he is returning" is flat out wrong.
LOL. Ok, Dougie.

Hey everyone, Happ hasn't "announced" he's returning. But he's returning, ok? It's out there. But Doug is correct. That's what is most important.
That is a lot of words to say you were wrong.

Remember all those lectures you give nolookpass? Maybe you should follow one of them.
 

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
40,726
Reaction score
-6,030
"per source". My favorite journalistic saying.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Guys, Doug was correct. Happ hasn't actually announced anything yet. But he is returning. So, ultimately, the result is exactly the same, but it's nuanced and difficult to understand. Again, though, Doug was correct, and I was wrong, and that's what is most important here.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Guys, Doug was correct. Happ hasn't actually announced anything yet. But he is returning. So, ultimately, the result is exactly the same, but it's nuanced and difficult to understand. Again, though, Doug was correct, and I was wrong, and that's what is most important here.
Thanks, again, for saying "I'm wrong" with a bunch of words.
 

BuffettHawk

Useless
Joined
Aug 23, 2007
Messages
51,222
Reaction score
-16,352
Guys, Doug was correct. Happ hasn't actually announced anything yet. But he is returning. So, ultimately, the result is exactly the same, but it's nuanced and difficult to understand. Again, though, Doug was correct, and I was wrong, and that's what is most important here.
Are you sure about that? I heard he was coming back earlier today.

 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Go get him, Dougie. You can be right AGAIN!
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Buffett, cmon. Happ HIMSELF has not announced anything. Yeah, I know, multiple media outlets have broken the story that he's returning, but the standard here according to Doug is until the PLAYER HIMSELF announces it, it doesnt count. And Doug is right because its super important to him.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Buffett, cmon. Happ HIMSELF has not announced anything. Yeah, I know, multiple media outlets have broken the story that he's returning, but the standard here according to Doug is until the PLAYER HIMSELF announces it, it doesnt count. And Doug is right because its super important to him.
"I'm mad at Doug for calling me a baby this morning so I am going to talk about text messages and troll this thread!! Yeah, that will show everyone!!"
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
109,970
Reaction score
-3,646
Lol. Weak attempt to change the subject.

I'm Doug and I'm a petulant little baby who has to be right about EVERYTHING or ELSE!
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Lol. Weak attempt to change the subject.

I'm Doug and I'm a petulant little baby who has to be right about EVERYTHING or ELSE!
This is a weird little rant when I actually am, in fact, right on this.

Thanks again for explaining to everyone how you got it wrong.
 

Debit One

Chad
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
33,410
Reaction score
23,064
There are absurdly chippy conversations occurring on HaLo today.

Someone must have the day off.

 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
There are 7 players left.

Hang in there Tyler, you were the first to declare and you can be the last to declare as well! Don't let Happ and the Martin twins beat you!
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
Here is the list of remaining players. Franks already said he is coming back.

 

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
-6,140
He’s just waiting on the last bit of feedback
 

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
38,552
Reaction score
-6,140
I’d like it if Jared Vanderbilt played at Vanderbilt
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,243
Reaction score
27,865
NOW you can say what you did earlier Monster!

 
Top