**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Jan 9, 2015
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
832
I mainly liked McCabe because he was a tough kid and not afraid to mix it up. Every team needs that guy.
That shit is great until we figured out he sucked then it's just annoying. Similar to Pemsl, his antics were amusing last year when he played well but when he sucks and acts like a bitch it gets old.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
110,043
Reaction score
-3,478
I mainly liked McCabe because he was a tough kid and not afraid to mix it up. Every team needs that guy.
That shit is great until we figured out he sucked then it's just annoying. Similar to Pemsl, his antics were amusing last year when he played well but when he sucks and acts like a bitch it gets old.
Yeah, it's much better when the team tough guy is also a good player. Like Settles. And not just a punk, like Jaacks. I've always believed most bball players are pussies and hate playing against a guy who plays to the edge of what's considered good bball sportsmanship.

I still like Pemsl though. Not a star but a decent role player off the bench. He just needs to remember his role.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,441
Doug is correct about Pemsl, he's a fake tough guy. It's not like he's out there committing clean hard fouls, instead, he's the guy that fights for loose balls after the whistle blows- pointlessly dumb shit all for show.

He did gash his leg diving out of bounds, so he isn't a bitch, he just needs to drop the act.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
110,043
Reaction score
-3,478
I don't care what Doug says. Pemsl may be a fak tough guy, but he's the only tough guy we've got. Maybe Garza takes on that role. Or McCaffery.
 

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
22,605
Reaction score
4,441
I don't care what Doug says. Pemsl may be a fak tough guy, but he's the only tough guy we've got. Maybe Garza takes on that role. Or McCaffery.
A guy that has the frame for it, but probably not the disposition, is Wagner. Good athlete, strong, not many discernable basketball skills. He could at least make himself annoying to play against.

But I think you're right about Connor, I doubt he'll approach dirty, but he likely has some of his dad's attitude.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
I mainly disliked McCabe because he wasn't good at basketball. Props for telling Iowa fans to suck a fat one, though.
 

Monster

Guaranteed Proctor Would Play For Iowa
Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
110,043
Reaction score
-3,478
Bob just doesn't have enough street cred to leave the singlular LOL response.
 

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
7,690
Reaction score
-6,599
I mainly disliked McCabe because he wasn't good at basketball. Props for telling Iowa fans to suck a fat one, though.
McCabe drove me nuts because he was a motherfucking tease.

He'll be an all-around threat like Jess Settles! Nope.

He'll be a rebounding specialist like Reggie Evans! Nope.

He'll be a garbage man like Jacob Jaacks. No.

I'll bet he can make some threes like JR Koch did. No dice.

An minor inspiration like Eric May? Not even.

Can he at least bumblefuck his way into getting hot for two games like Kyle Galloway did? Well fuck you too, Zach McCabe.
 

Hawk_Kegmasters

saw Spice World in the theater
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
27,307
Reaction score
-4,232
Somehow the ball always ended up in Mccabe’s hands in buzzer beater situations and he airballed at least half of his opportunities. That’s one of the many reasons he sucked.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,268
Reaction score
1,533
I will say, McCabe was damn fun to watch in high school. He was a heck of a football player and basketball player.
 

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
92,232
Reaction score
-96,194
McCabe struck me as more of a bully than a tough guy. That guy he flipped on the sidelines was a little guard if I recall correctly. I don't recall him really getting physical against the bigger guys in the Big Ten
 

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
12,107
Reaction score
3,189
I know several people who loved McCabe. Said they loved his grit. They are probably racist.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,885
McCabe fans = Trump supporters
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,029
Reaction score
10,831
Iowa’s record against teams in the NCAA tournament and NIT this year? 0-13. That’s not good.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,885
We were no one's bad loss.

Look at the bright side.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
We got the Cook news on Friday and no news on anything since. I am hoping that Fran gave them until after the break this week to decide to announce any transfers.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,268
Reaction score
1,533
There’s no real rush at all. I suspect it will take months for everything to be certain.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
There’s no real rush at all. I suspect it will take months for everything to be certain.
That sucks. Wonder if certain guys will wait to see what happens with Cook and then decide to transfer after that.

I guess the next best deadline is next week to see if anything happens with Wagner and Dochterman's wet dream.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,268
Reaction score
1,533
Not only do players want to see who else is transferring but they also probably want to know what players at other schools are transferring and what coaches are moving on.

Take someone like Kriener, where not only are the decisions of Cook, Nunge, and Pemsl huge in regards to playing time and role but if he’s going to say North Dakota then he wants to make sure Horner doesn’t take a different job. If Jeff would go to Drake or something that would likely affect his decision.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,885
L. Wade has really taken the time to think this through for the rest of us.
 

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Joined
Jun 6, 2013
Messages
7,690
Reaction score
-6,599
L. Wade has really taken the time to think this through for the rest of us.
Hey Beebs. Good observation, I agree. Hey, could you do me a favor and reconsider your avatar strategy? Specifically, could you go back to your previous avatar strategy? Thanks - gRape.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
L. Wade has really taken the time to think this through for the rest of us.
Hey Beebs. Good observation, I agree. Hey, could you do me a favor and reconsider your avatar strategy? Specifically, could you go back to your previous avatar strategy? Thanks - gRape.
No shit, the new one is bad.

Change that shit Beebs.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,930
Reaction score
3,188
This has been an annoying offseason so far. Lots of regard going around.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,885

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
405
Reaction score
-203
Haven't checked HaLo since last Thursday. After reading the last 6 pages, I wished I never would've checked it again. That's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for finally STFU @Revolver and @douglasbader
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Haven't checked HaLo since last Thursday. After reading the last 6 pages, I wished I never would've checked it again. That's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for finally STFU @Revolver and @douglasbader
All those dumb posts are still better than this stupid fucking post you made. Go fuck yourself.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Joined
Feb 28, 2013
Messages
405
Reaction score
-203
Haven't checked HaLo since last Thursday. After reading the last 6 pages, I wished I never would've checked it again. That's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for finally STFU @Revolver and @douglasbader
All those dumb posts are still better than this stupid fucking post you made. Go fuck yourself.
Let me make a good post like you then, @douglasbader

GFY, you dumbfuck faggot pussy bitch. I fucked your mom and sister last night. Tonight I'll be fucking your cousin. You're a fat fuck retard. More name calling, more name calling, more name calling. YELL! I'll kick your ass! Meet me at the Airliner and I'll lay you out with one punch!
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Haven't checked HaLo since last Thursday. After reading the last 6 pages, I wished I never would've checked it again. That's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for finally STFU @Revolver and @douglasbader
All those dumb posts are still better than this stupid fucking post you made. Go fuck yourself.
Let me make a good post like you then, @douglasbader

GFY, you dumbfuck faggot pussy bitch. I fucked your mom and sister last night. Tonight I'll be fucking your cousin. You're a fat fuck retard. More name calling, more name calling, more name calling. YELL! I'll kick your ass! Meet me at the Airliner and I'll lay you out with one punch!
Cool.
 

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Joined
Dec 8, 2009
Messages
98,226
Reaction score
51,885
Haven't checked HaLo since last Thursday. After reading the last 6 pages, I wished I never would've checked it again. That's 30 minutes of my life I will never get back.

Thanks for finally STFU @Revolver and @douglasbader
All those dumb posts are still better than this stupid fucking post you made. Go fuck yourself.
Let me make a good post like you then, @douglasbader

GFY, you dumbfuck faggot pussy bitch. I fucked your mom and sister last night. Tonight I'll be fucking your cousin. You're a fat fuck retard. More name calling, more name calling, more name calling. YELL! I'll kick your ass! Meet me at the Airliner and I'll lay you out with one punch!
:roll:
 

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Joined
Aug 5, 2010
Messages
46,114
Reaction score
43,448
You should fight at wig and pen. Way better pizza.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,930
Reaction score
3,188
The Wedge doesn’t get mentioned enough. It’s really good
 
Top