He's like a real life Stan.Ahmad has to be at least a little creeped out by Scott
Scott may be the reason why Ahmad would choose another school.Ahmad has to be at least a little creeped out by Scott
Well no shit, that's why he's vague as hell with his "predictions".He claims all the info he was given has come true at this point and thinks Cook will stay in the draft, Pemsl is on the fence and was cryptic about the other 2, specifically Moss.
Cringe thread.This is Randy Petersen level embarrassing. It isn't even reporting, it is literally trying to will a fantasy to happen. What a pathetic loser.
Frankly, it’s mutually beneficial for Wagner to play wide receiver at Iowa. The Hawkeyes have a need at split end, and both the football staff and Wagner know each other well. Wagner could finish earning his degree, work with the team right now and compete for snaps this spring. If it doesn’t work out after this fall, he could always leave as a graduate transfer for his final season.
Wagner is a physical presence with high character and solid leadership qualities. He competed against terrific athletes in the post and often held his own. He has a chance to begin something special as a receiver in college and perhaps enhance his qualities professionally. Former college basketball players such as Jimmy Graham, Tony Gonzalez and Antonio Gates turned into All-Pro tight ends. Former Penn State forward Ross Travis switched sports after his basketball career and became an NFL tight end. Even former Western Kentucky forward George Fant turned into a starting NFL tackle with the Seattle Seahawks.
Those examples show Wagner he can switch from decent basketball player to upper-level football player. Now he has two years left to prove it.
This reads like I was trusting him. I didn’t intend that, he was fucking terrible on the podcast and still thinks Wagner could redshirt at another school and have an additional 2 years to play. He doesn’t understand 1 of the last 3 years counts as a redshirt and you have 5 years to play 4.Well no shit, that's why he's vague as hell with his "predictions".He claims all the info he was given has come true at this point and thinks Cook will stay in the draft, Pemsl is on the fence and was cryptic about the other 2, specifically Moss.
I love that he doesn't even consider the fact that Wagner in basketball shape is 6'7'' 235 pounds.That Dochterman guy is a fucking turd.
He played up until 8th grade and then took three years off when he transferred.I love that he doesn't even consider the fact that Wagner in basketball shape is 6'7'' 235 pounds.That Dochterman guy is a fucking turd.
That makes him bigger than Calvin Johnson (6'5'' 236 pounds) and he hasn't even done football workouts. He is much, much more likely to be a TE at the college or pro level.
Wagner might end up being a good player, but Dochterman has lost it. He is pretty much running around screaming that Wagner would be the best receiver in the Big Ten right now even though he has only played 1 year of football ever and hasn't played in nearly 4 years and never even looked at a college playbook or run a proper route.
Best WR in the Big Ten? Oh my God.
Playing in middle school doesn't count.He played up until 8th grade and then took three years off when he transferred.I love that he doesn't even consider the fact that Wagner in basketball shape is 6'7'' 235 pounds.That Dochterman guy is a fucking turd.
That makes him bigger than Calvin Johnson (6'5'' 236 pounds) and he hasn't even done football workouts. He is much, much more likely to be a TE at the college or pro level.
Wagner might end up being a good player, but Dochterman has lost it. He is pretty much running around screaming that Wagner would be the best receiver in the Big Ten right now even though he has only played 1 year of football ever and hasn't played in nearly 4 years and never even looked at a college playbook or run a proper route.
That said, as much as I'd love to see him give it a go, him seeing live game action at Iowa would be a minor miracle.
Fair enoughBest WR in the Big Ten? Oh my God.Playing in middle school doesn't count.He played up until 8th grade and then took three years off when he transferred.I love that he doesn't even consider the fact that Wagner in basketball shape is 6'7'' 235 pounds.
That makes him bigger than Calvin Johnson (6'5'' 236 pounds) and he hasn't even done football workouts. He is much, much more likely to be a TE at the college or pro level.
Wagner might end up being a good player, but Dochterman has lost it. He is pretty much running around screaming that Wagner would be the best receiver in the Big Ten right now even though he has only played 1 year of football ever and hasn't played in nearly 4 years and never even looked at a college playbook or run a proper route.
That said, as much as I'd love to see him give it a go, him seeing live game action at Iowa would be a minor miracle.
You don't understand. He talked to them and to some high school coaches as well. Despite a year of football in high school and not playing for the last 3+ years, he totally would be the best WR in the Big Ten.'Ohio State Recruiting Reporters'
Tom Kakert is a 'Recruiting Reporter'
No.He could play the 2004 Scott Chandler role
I honestly think his options to get a scholarship from a FBS program are going to be extremely limited. How many programs are going to want to burn 2 years of scholarship on a player that not only hasn't played for nearly 4 years (and will be nearly 5 years by the time he can actually play) knowing he has to redshirt next year?LOFL. He might have been capable of being an impact WR out of high school but Dougie is right. He hasn't played WR in 4 years.
That's the thing - this might work if Iowa didn't have what might be the deepest tight end corps in the country. But it does, so it won't.He has to be a TE. Plenty of good NFL TE's played basketball in college.
He’s nowhere near Randy territory, however this Wagner stuff is embarrassing.Seems like Scott is on standard beat writer personality progression.
I was wondering why someone like Hiawatha, CamelTones (or anyone for that matter) would listen to anything Kakert said after all of the revelations that he didn’t know shit recently. Not that this is a new thing, but it has really been bad lately.Kakert is just throwing darts again. Most people on here seem to think it is possible more leave and have mentioned Pemsl and Dailey. Kakert doesn’t know shit.Skimming through the HR podcast. Kakert thinks more are leaving but not Nunge, bohannon, Garza and obviously Baer and Connor. Thinks Kriener back also. Leaves Pemsl, Dailey and Moss. Said he thinks the other guys are fence sitting but if it happens it will be soon and not drag out.
I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
Come on man. That is Dochterman like in the opposite way.I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
I'll concede that had he focused on FB in high school, he might have been something special- he certainly has some physical attributes. But he didn't, and Scott is a dim bulb.Catching a football is different than catching a basketball and he's definitely fast. He was a sprinter and an awesome kick returner in high school.
If he'd decided he'd wanted to play football out of high school he'd have been the highest rated WR prospect Iowa has signed in I don't even know how long
Which is why no one is suggesting it's crazy to think he could.It doesn't seem that crazy to suggest that Wagner has the potential to help there
I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.Come on man. That is Dochterman like in the opposite way.I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.Come on man. That is Dochterman like in the opposite way.I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.
Even with just one year he'd have been a huge recruit if he hadn't told everyone he wanted to stick with basketball. He got four stars from 247, at least one SEC offer, and had OSU trying to talk him into playing football for them instead. And that was with him telling everyone up front that he didn't want to play football and without doing the camp circuit and all that shit.I'll concede that had he focused on FB in high school, he might have been something special- he certainly has some physical attributes. But he didn't, and Scott is a dim bulb.Catching a football is different than catching a basketball and he's definitely fast. He was a sprinter and an awesome kick returner in high school.
If he'd decided he'd wanted to play football out of high school he'd have been the highest rated WR prospect Iowa has signed in I don't even know how long
Lol.Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.Come on man. That is Dochterman like in the opposite way.
Yes, here’s one. I like the talent we have at WR right now. He certainly doesn’t make any sense at TE. I just don’t think the timing is right for him or KF. And I would think that if KF thought he could help, it would be a done deal already. Iowa seems like the most obvious choice if there is mutual interest.Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.Come on man. That is Dochterman like in the opposite way.
Yes, here’s one. I like the talent we have at WR right now.