**2018 Iowa Basketball Offseason Thread**

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Definitely a crazy idea to give Wagner a shot to be Iowa's #5 WR over a talent like Kyle Groeneweg.
You can disagree with me about his prospects as a football player. But acting like there isn’t more talent at WR on the current roster than usual is as laughable as anything I’ve said.

Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.
Yes, here’s one. I like the talent we have at WR right now.
there are multiple juco walk ons on the two deep
Lol.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Catching a football is different than catching a basketball and he's definitely fast. He was a sprinter and an awesome kick returner in high school.

If he'd decided he'd wanted to play football out of high school he'd have been the highest rated WR prospect Iowa has signed in I don't even know how long
I'll concede that had he focused on FB in high school, he might have been something special- he certainly has some physical attributes. But he didn't, and Scott is a dim bulb.
Even with just one year he'd have been a huge recruit if he hadn't told everyone he wanted to stick with basketball. He got four stars from 247, at least one SEC offer, and had OSU trying to talk him into playing football for them instead. And that was with him telling everyone up front that he didn't want to play football and without doing the camp circuit and all that shit.

He's definitely playing catch-up so acting like he's going to instantly be Calvin Johnson is crazy, but so is completing writing off the possibility that he could be pretty good (or at least good enough to possibly contribute somewhere like Iowa)

I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.
Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.
Lol.

I don't know there seems to be lots of people who think suggesting he has any chance at all to be good is crazy, which I don't get, even though I'll concede that Dochterman is being way over the top the other direction
I think the bad vibes are directed towards Dochterman and not at all towards Wagner. He's obviously talented but Scott acting like he's a sure thing at the Big Ten level is absurd. I'd have no issues if Iowa took a chance on him, but I'd also go into it with no expectations.
 

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
74,290
Reaction score
17,814
Definitely a crazy idea to give Wagner a shot to be Iowa's #5 WR over a talent like Kyle Groeneweg.
You can disagree with me about his prospects as a football player. But acting like there isn’t more talent at WR on the current roster than usual is as laughable as anything I’ve said.
Define "than usual" because unless you mean like the last two years then yeah, we're gonna have to disagree at that point. I like the potential of some of the freshmen from the last two years but at this point it's just that. And all of that talent is so great that walkons are on the current two deeps.
 

Wayne Rogers

Has Bad Ideas
Joined
Jul 5, 2017
Messages
1,360
Reaction score
-2,504
Can you imagine the dick sucking over at CF if this thing was happening to a Cyclone BB player?
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Can you imagine the dick sucking over at CF if this thing was happening to a Cyclone BB player?
They'd be furiously scribbling Ahmad's name over Joel's in the Joel Line Package playbook
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
I'll concede that had he focused on FB in high school, he might have been something special- he certainly has some physical attributes. But he didn't, and Scott is a dim bulb.
Even with just one year he'd have been a huge recruit if he hadn't told everyone he wanted to stick with basketball. He got four stars from 247, at least one SEC offer, and had OSU trying to talk him into playing football for them instead. And that was with him telling everyone up front that he didn't want to play football and without doing the camp circuit and all that shit.

He's definitely playing catch-up so acting like he's going to instantly be Calvin Johnson is crazy, but so is completing writing off the possibility that he could be pretty good (or at least good enough to possibly contribute somewhere like Iowa)

Okay, sorry @Bob. Here's one.
Lol.

I don't know there seems to be lots of people who think suggesting he has any chance at all to be good is crazy, which I don't get, even though I'll concede that Dochterman is being way over the top the other direction
I think the bad vibes are directed towards Dochterman and not at all towards Wagner. He's obviously talented but Scott acting like he's a sure thing at the Big Ten level is absurd. I'd have no issues if Iowa took a chance on him, but I'd also go into it with no expectations.
If there is a scholarship available I don’t have any problem with him giving it a try. I just don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
Definitely a crazy idea to give Wagner a shot to be Iowa's #5 WR over a talent like Kyle Groeneweg.
You can disagree with me about his prospects as a football player. But acting like there isn’t more talent at WR on the current roster than usual is as laughable as anything I’ve said.
Define "than usual" because unless you mean like the last two years then yeah, we're gonna have to disagree at that point. I like the potential of some of the freshmen from the last two years but at this point it's just that. And all of that talent is so great that walkons are on the current two deeps.
One walk on was legitimately good last year. I personally think ISM is as talented as any WR we have had in a while. Smith is a physical freak the likes of which we don’t see at Iowa. I can’t recall if Devonte Young transferred or not, but like him. Max Cooper, too. Then the incoming freshmen Samson Evans, Calvin Lockett, and especially Tyrone Tracy, Jr. I think we’re pretty good at WR right now personally.

And stop acting like the two deeps mean shit.
 

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
74,290
Reaction score
17,814

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
40,726
Reaction score
-6,030
I would much rather have a scholarship used and wasted on Wagner in football than I would a scholarship used in basketball.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
I would much rather have a scholarship used and wasted on Wagner in football than I would a scholarship used in basketball.
No argument here.
 

Bob

Joined
Sep 8, 2012
Messages
6,031
Reaction score
-5,716
Even with just one year he'd have been a huge recruit if he hadn't told everyone he wanted to stick with basketball. He got four stars from 247, at least one SEC offer, and had OSU trying to talk him into playing football for them instead. And that was with him telling everyone up front that he didn't want to play football and without doing the camp circuit and all that shit.

He's definitely playing catch-up so acting like he's going to instantly be Calvin Johnson is crazy, but so is completing writing off the possibility that he could be pretty good (or at least good enough to possibly contribute somewhere like Iowa)

Lol.

I don't know there seems to be lots of people who think suggesting he has any chance at all to be good is crazy, which I don't get, even though I'll concede that Dochterman is being way over the top the other direction
I think the bad vibes are directed towards Dochterman and not at all towards Wagner. He's obviously talented but Scott acting like he's a sure thing at the Big Ten level is absurd. I'd have no issues if Iowa took a chance on him, but I'd also go into it with no expectations.
If there is a scholarship available I don’t have any problem with him giving it a try. I just don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
You can disagree with me about his prospects as a football player. But acting like there isn’t more talent at WR on the current roster than usual is as laughable as anything I’ve said.
Define "than usual" because unless you mean like the last two years then yeah, we're gonna have to disagree at that point. I like the potential of some of the freshmen from the last two years but at this point it's just that. And all of that talent is so great that walkons are on the current two deeps.
One walk on was legitimately good last year. I personally think ISM is as talented as any WR we have had in a while. Smith is a physical freak the likes of which we don’t see at Iowa. I can’t recall if Devonte Young transferred or not, but like him. Max Cooper, too. Then the incoming freshmen Samson Evans, Calvin Lockett, and especially Tyrone Tracy, Jr. I think we’re pretty good at WR right now personally.

And stop acting like the two deeps mean shit.
Samson Evans has played less WR than Wagner has. And in terms of being a "physical specimen" Wagner is basically Smith but taller.

Edit: I somehow skipped over that you're including fucking Devonte Young as an example of all the potential we have at WR lol
 
Last edited:

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
I think the bad vibes are directed towards Dochterman and not at all towards Wagner. He's obviously talented but Scott acting like he's a sure thing at the Big Ten level is absurd. I'd have no issues if Iowa took a chance on him, but I'd also go into it with no expectations.
If there is a scholarship available I don’t have any problem with him giving it a try. I just don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
Define "than usual" because unless you mean like the last two years then yeah, we're gonna have to disagree at that point. I like the potential of some of the freshmen from the last two years but at this point it's just that. And all of that talent is so great that walkons are on the current two deeps.
One walk on was legitimately good last year. I personally think ISM is as talented as any WR we have had in a while. Smith is a physical freak the likes of which we don’t see at Iowa. I can’t recall if Devonte Young transferred or not, but like him. Max Cooper, too. Then the incoming freshmen Samson Evans, Calvin Lockett, and especially Tyrone Tracy, Jr. I think we’re pretty good at WR right now personally.

And stop acting like the two deeps mean shit.
Samson Evans has played less WR than Wagner has. And in terms of being a "physical specimen" Wagner is basically Smith but taller.
Smith's hair makes him look extra fast though.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
If there is a scholarship available I don’t have any problem with him giving it a try. I just don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
One walk on was legitimately good last year. I personally think ISM is as talented as any WR we have had in a while. Smith is a physical freak the likes of which we don’t see at Iowa. I can’t recall if Devonte Young transferred or not, but like him. Max Cooper, too. Then the incoming freshmen Samson Evans, Calvin Lockett, and especially Tyrone Tracy, Jr. I think we’re pretty good at WR right now personally.

And stop acting like the two deeps mean shit.
Samson Evans has played less WR than Wagner has. And in terms of being a "physical specimen" Wagner is basically Smith but taller.
Smith's hair makes him look extra fast though.
Smith’s everything makes him look extra fast.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
And sure, I’m being no different than Dochterman with the hot takes without knowing jack shit about how it would work out.

But I’m not getting paid for it.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
You're also not stalking a college kid, which is good.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Going to be an interesting few weeks/months for the basketball program. Cole Huff committed to Creighton in early May a few years back, so may have to wait a while if the move is a grad transfer.
 

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Joined
Feb 11, 2010
Messages
56,776
Reaction score
-21,419
WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.
This entire post is really fucking retarded.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
WR would be his best option because it's a bit easier to step into that position. But he is not a college WR, and he isn't playing TE at Iowa.
I disagree. I honestly think his best option would be on defense. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy. I think putting on some weight and being used on the DL as a edge rusher would be his best bet.
This entire post is really fucking retarded.
Didn’t you read the user handle before you read the post?
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
He lists these potential grad transfers.

Aaron Carlixte (5-11, 175) — transferring from Maine, averaged 16.9 points per game this season; Oklahoma is currently pursuing him.

Joseph Chartouny (6-3, 205) — transferring from Fordham, scored in double figures all three years, named to the Atlantic 10 All-Defensive team this year; he was just granted his release, but he will get plenty of interest.

Yes please.

Mike Cunningham (6-1, 190) — transferring from University of South Carolina Upstate, averaged 13.7 points and 3.1 assists per game this year; Western Kentucky, UAB, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Valparaiso, Tulane, Wyoming, VCU, South Carolina and Nevada have all shown interest, per ESPN’s Jeff Goodman.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,029
Reaction score
10,831
Skimming through the HR podcast. Kakert thinks more are leaving but not Nunge, bohannon, Garza and obviously Baer and Connor. Thinks Kriener back also. Leaves Pemsl, Dailey and Moss. Said he thinks the other guys are fence sitting but if it happens it will be soon and not drag out.
Kakert is just throwing darts again. Most people on here seem to think it is possible more leave and have mentioned Pemsl and Dailey. Kakert doesn’t know shit.
I was wondering why someone like Hiawatha, CamelTones (or anyone for that matter) would listen to anything Kakert said after all of the revelations that he didn’t know shit recently. Not that this is a new thing, but it has really been bad lately.

Anyone giving that site clicks, views, and even worse $9.99 a month is blowing it.
I spend 90% of my time at work working by myself. I'm not a fan of Kakert but he's the only Iowa podcast that talks about recruiting.
 

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
15,041
Reaction score
-3,387
Can you imagine the dick sucking over at CF if this thing was happening to a Cyclone BB player?
Stevie Johnson finished up his basketball eligibility as a starter on a 32-5 basketball team, then stuck around the next fall to play meaningful snaps as LB as a 5th year eligible football player on a team that went 9-3. I'm sure he had his dick sucked regularily...but I don't think any of the girls I saw him with posted on ISU message boards.

He then went back to basketball and played as a pro in Europe for 13 years until retiring in 2015.

His dad had an NFL career cut short after 2 years due to injuries so he pushed him away from football toward basketball in high school.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Can you imagine the dick sucking over at CF if this thing was happening to a Cyclone BB player?
Stevie Johnson finished up his basketball eligibility as a starter on a 32-5 basketball team, then stuck around the next fall to play meaningful snaps as LB as a 5th year eligible football player on a team that went 9-3. I'm sure he had his dick sucked regularily...but I don't think any of the girls I saw him with posted on ISU message boards.

He then went back to basketball and played as a pro in Europe for 13 years until retiring in 2015.

His dad had an NFL career cut short after 2 years due to injuries so he pushed him away from football toward basketball in high school.
 

Hawk_Kegmasters

saw Spice World in the theater
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
27,307
Reaction score
-4,232
Can you imagine the dick sucking over at CF if this thing was happening to a Cyclone BB player?
Stevie Johnson finished up his basketball eligibility as a starter on a 32-5 basketball team, then stuck around the next fall to play meaningful snaps as LB as a 5th year eligible football player on a team that went 9-3. I'm sure he had his dick sucked regularily...but I don't think any of the girls I saw him with posted on ISU message boards.

He then went back to basketball and played as a pro in Europe for 13 years until retiring in 2015.

His dad had an NFL career cut short after 2 years due to injuries so he pushed him away from football toward basketball in high school.
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
9,742
Reaction score
-2,531
Wagner could end up in the NFL at TE, or he could wash out. He could maybe play WR at Iowa, but he is going to have a tough time getting snaps at TE with Fant and Beyer already being receiving specialists on the roster and ready to go.

He probably should go to a high level FCS school that will give him playing time at TE. NFL scouts will find you anywhere, so being at an FCS won't hurt his NFL chances at all. He just needs to get bigger/stronger and show ability as a receiver to get a chance. Luckily for him, the NFL loves upside. If he is even remotely productive in college, I wouldn't be surprised see him on a practice squad for a year or two while a team tries to develop him.

Bottom line, he was a dumbass for not doing this last spring. He wasted a year playing ~10 mins/game in a clogged up position group for absolutely no good reason.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Wagner could end up in the NFL at TE, or he could wash out. He could maybe play WR at Iowa, but he is going to have a tough time getting snaps at TE with Fant and Beyer already being receiving specialists on the roster and ready to go.

He probably should go to a high level FCS school that will give him playing time at TE. NFL scouts will find you anywhere, so being at an FCS won't hurt his NFL chances at all. He just needs to get bigger/stronger and show ability as a receiver to get a chance. Luckily for him, the NFL loves upside. If he is even remotely productive in college, I wouldn't be surprised see him on a practice squad for a year or two while a team tries to develop him.

Bottom line, he was a dumbass for not doing this last spring. He wasted a year playing 10 mins/game in a clogged up position group for absolutely no good reason.
Iowa or an FCS school seems like the only reasonable play for Ahmad.
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,092
Reaction score
6,946
That Dochterman guy is a fucking turd.
I love that he doesn't even consider the fact that Wagner in basketball shape is 6'7'' 235 pounds.

That makes him bigger than Calvin Johnson (6'5'' 236 pounds) and he hasn't even done football workouts. He is much, much more likely to be a TE at the college or pro level.

Wagner might end up being a good player, but Dochterman has lost it. He is pretty much running around screaming that Wagner would be the best receiver in the Big Ten right now even though he has only played 1 year of football ever and hasn't played in nearly 4 years and never even looked at a college playbook or run a proper route.
The difference from the players Scott previously listed is that they end up at TE or OL. Basketball players are typically more agile/athletic than your standard TE or OL. Not so much at WR. Which is why everyone but Scott probably sees him as a TE (@scott you know the position with success in transitioning basketball players)

That said, Iowa's WR talent is the opposite of deep. Give him a shot to beat out that Groenewaejrlwkjeg kid.
 
Joined
Nov 25, 2007
Messages
9,742
Reaction score
-2,531
Wagner could end up in the NFL at TE, or he could wash out. He could maybe play WR at Iowa, but he is going to have a tough time getting snaps at TE with Fant and Beyer already being receiving specialists on the roster and ready to go.

He probably should go to a high level FCS school that will give him playing time at TE. NFL scouts will find you anywhere, so being at an FCS won't hurt his NFL chances at all. He just needs to get bigger/stronger and show ability as a receiver to get a chance. Luckily for him, the NFL loves upside. If he is even remotely productive in college, I wouldn't be surprised see him on a practice squad for a year or two while a team tries to develop him.

Bottom line, he was a dumbass for not doing this last spring. He wasted a year playing 10 mins/game in a clogged up position group for absolutely no good reason.
Iowa or an FCS school seems like the only reasonable play for Ahmad.
I realize that I'm slightly contradicting myself, but an argument could be made that a redshirt would be okay because 2018 is a throwaway/developmental year for him anyway. His NFL chances really come down to his 2019 tape.

If he were able to find an FBS program that would work really hard to develop this year and then feature him in 2019, his chances would probably be the same as the FCS scenario. That's a best case scenario that could easily go wrong, but it's not that crazy.
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,092
Reaction score
6,946
Going to be an interesting few weeks/months for the basketball program. Cole Huff committed to Creighton in early May a few years back, so may have to wait a while if the move is to finish as a runner-up for a grad transfer.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Wagner could end up in the NFL at TE, or he could wash out. He could maybe play WR at Iowa, but he is going to have a tough time getting snaps at TE with Fant and Beyer already being receiving specialists on the roster and ready to go.

He probably should go to a high level FCS school that will give him playing time at TE. NFL scouts will find you anywhere, so being at an FCS won't hurt his NFL chances at all. He just needs to get bigger/stronger and show ability as a receiver to get a chance. Luckily for him, the NFL loves upside. If he is even remotely productive in college, I wouldn't be surprised see him on a practice squad for a year or two while a team tries to develop him.

Bottom line, he was a dumbass for not doing this last spring. He wasted a year playing 10 mins/game in a clogged up position group for absolutely no good reason.
Iowa or an FCS school seems like the only reasonable play for Ahmad.
I realize that I'm slightly contradicting myself, but an argument could be made that a redshirt would be okay because 2018 is a throwaway/developmental year for him anyway. His NFL chances really come down to his 2019 tape.

If he were able to find an FBS program that would work really hard to develop this year and then feature him in 2019, his chances would probably be the same as the FCS scenario. That's a best case scenario that could easily go wrong, but it's not that crazy.
I think a redshirt is more than fine for him, but it seems like he needs a scholarship and would take some FBS school willing to burn a spot and a year wait to take a flyer on a player that has barely played football and hasn't played in a long time.

Think it would have to be someone like a MAC or lower level program that is desperate or simply has a spot to burn. I would doubt there would be any serious Power 5 teams that would do it.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
I think the bad vibes are directed towards Dochterman and not at all towards Wagner. He's obviously talented but Scott acting like he's a sure thing at the Big Ten level is absurd. I'd have no issues if Iowa took a chance on him, but I'd also go into it with no expectations.
If there is a scholarship available I don’t have any problem with him giving it a try. I just don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
Define "than usual" because unless you mean like the last two years then yeah, we're gonna have to disagree at that point. I like the potential of some of the freshmen from the last two years but at this point it's just that. And all of that talent is so great that walkons are on the current two deeps.
One walk on was legitimately good last year. I personally think ISM is as talented as any WR we have had in a while. Smith is a physical freak the likes of which we don’t see at Iowa. I can’t recall if Devonte Young transferred or not, but like him. Max Cooper, too. Then the incoming freshmen Samson Evans, Calvin Lockett, and especially Tyrone Tracy, Jr. I think we’re pretty good at WR right now personally.

And stop acting like the two deeps mean shit.
Samson Evans has played less WR than Wagner has. And in terms of being a "physical specimen" Wagner is basically Smith but taller.

Edit: I somehow skipped over that you're including fucking Devonte Young as an example of all the potential we have at WR lol
How is citing the potential Devonte Young any more laugh worthy than being high on Ahmad Wagner?

I know one is 6’0” and one is 6’7”. But when it all comes down to it, we know less about Wagner than Young.
 

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Joined
Apr 9, 2015
Messages
8,358
Reaction score
2,812
Jesus -- I just listened to yesterday's Kakert podcast. Dude is entering Skip Bayless rumormonger territory. On top of that, the dude is so smug. He wasn't always this bad.
 

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
92,232
Reaction score
-96,194
If Joel Lanning can go from quarterback and do a reasonable job at linebacker within a year I think Ahmad Wagner has a chance to be a good football player. He's much more athletic than Landnng ever dreamed of being
 

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
74,290
Reaction score
17,814
Let's reiterate - the idea that Wagner could play D1 football is not ridiculous.

The idea that he could be the best WR in the Big Ten because Ohio State sort of recruited him 4 years ago is ridiculous.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Let's reiterate - the idea that Wagner could play D1 football is not ridiculous.

The idea that he could be the best WR in the Big Ten because Ohio State sort of recruited him 4 years ago is ridiculous.
Also, we should reiterate even further that every single person on here except for one thinks Wagner could play D1 football and might end up being really good.

There are only 2 people that have set up to the extreme, on the negative side is Revo and the weirdo side is Dochterman.

Everyone else is being completely reasonable.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
We can disagree on Ahmad’s prospects as football player going forward, but I’m sure we all agree that we want it to work out for him.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Let's reiterate - the idea that Wagner could play D1 football is not ridiculous.

The idea that he could be the best WR in the Big Ten because Ohio State sort of recruited him 4 years ago is ridiculous.
Also, we should reiterate even further that every single person on here except for one thinks Wagner could play D1 football and might end up being really good.

There are only 2 people that have set up to the extreme, on the negative side is Revo and the weirdo side is Dochterman.

Everyone else is being completely reasonable.
I never said he couldn’t be a D1 football player. I said I don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad. I think he’d be a fascinating defensive prospect. I seem to be the only one.
 

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Joined
Aug 3, 2008
Messages
134,304
Reaction score
27,967
Let's reiterate - the idea that Wagner could play D1 football is not ridiculous.

The idea that he could be the best WR in the Big Ten because Ohio State sort of recruited him 4 years ago is ridiculous.
Also, we should reiterate even further that every single person on here except for one thinks Wagner could play D1 football and might end up being really good.

There are only 2 people that have set up to the extreme, on the negative side is Revo and the weirdo side is Dochterman.

Everyone else is being completely reasonable.
I never said he couldn’t be a D1 football player. I said I don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
Your posts from the last page imply you don't really think that.....

I disagree. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy.
I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.
 

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Joined
Jan 21, 2015
Messages
28,811
Reaction score
-30,212
Dochterman is tearing us apart!

He's such a fucking goober.
 

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
32,651
Reaction score
-14,426
Also, we should reiterate even further that every single person on here except for one thinks Wagner could play D1 football and might end up being really good.

There are only 2 people that have set up to the extreme, on the negative side is Revo and the weirdo side is Dochterman.

Everyone else is being completely reasonable.
I never said he couldn’t be a D1 football player. I said I don’t want to move Heaven and Earth to get him on the squad.
Your posts from the last page imply you don't really think that.....

I disagree. From what we’ve seen of him on the court he isn’t fast, cannot catch, and is clumsy.
I don’t want him on the Iowa Football team, because I don’t think he would be any good period. But I’ve said that time and time again.
At WR at Iowa.
 
Top