- Joined
- Mar 18, 2018
- Messages
- 1,508
- Reaction score
- -1,340
So you’re whiteLoog gave me the nickname. Grower not a shower.Why is Doug called Mouse?
So you’re whiteLoog gave me the nickname. Grower not a shower.Why is Doug called Mouse?
I would guess, from the way he acts here, he's neither a grower nor a shower.So you’re whiteLoog gave me the nickname. Grower not a shower.Why is Doug called Mouse?
Thanks, Levi!I would guess, from the way he acts here, he's neither a grower nor a shower.So you’re whiteLoog gave me the nickname. Grower not a shower.
You're welcome, you millimeter peter motherfucker!Thanks, Levi!I would guess, from the way he acts here, he's neither a grower nor a shower.So you’re white
Not what your mom said, brah.You're welcome, you millimeter peter motherfucker!Thanks, Levi!I would guess, from the way he acts here, he's neither a grower nor a shower.
Fran McCaffery made his way to the Quad Cities on Thursday evening. It's a place where he has had some recent recruiting success and he hopes that will continue to be the case.
McCaffery updates us on Tyler Cook and Isaiah Moss and the NBA Draft process, he gives us his view of the recommendations from the college basketball commission, and he discusses the schedule the Hawkeyes will face this winter, which includes 20 Big Ten games for the first time.
Q: What’s the latest with Tyler Cook and the NBA Draft process?
McCAFFERY: He’s in San Antonio today, I think. He has a few more visits to go.
He’s in great shape and very positive. I’m excited for him and this is a great opportunity. He’s had interviews and gets to spend time with those folks. They give him valuable feedback.
He finishes up finals and then he has four more workouts after that. He has been trying to get papers done and tests and I am really proud of how he’s handled that. He’s taken a very professional approach, which you would expect.
Q: This process really seemed to help Peter Jok. Do you suspect it will do the same for Moss and Cook, if they come back?
McCAFFERY: There’s no question that they will come back as better players after going through this process. It’s incredibly valuable feedback that you normally don’t get. You want to play in the NBA, so you want to know what they think of you and they tell you. If you come back, then ok, maybe there a few things that if I do better, then I’ll move up.
If either of them kill it in a workout, then maybe they will make some money this year.
Q: Do you get the feedback from the NBA teams too?
McCAFFERY: Yeah.
Q: Do you hear what they think about Tyler Cook?
McCAFFERY: Yeah, it’s pretty basic and standard. They don’t get too specific, but I would hope they get more specific with him. They give us general thoughts and whatever they share with us, we would tell him.
Q: Has Moss had any NBA workouts yet?
McCAFFERY: Not to my knowledge.
Q: Does he get any sort of feedback?
McCAFFERY: They will give him feedback. I don’t know that he has any workouts yet.
His drinking fountain technique is right up there with the best of them.
A reading from the first letter of Saint Douglas to the Halotians...The next version of the bible should address trolling on the internet.
Do we have to?
would you rather they play Wisconsin?Do we have to?
Fuck them.would you rather they play Wisconsin?Do we have to?
Also fuck themI'd rather they play Illinois.
Correct.Also fuck themI'd rather they play Illinois.
Not the greatest show ever, but I enjoy Entourage and I don't care who knows it.
@douglasbader , who has the best and worst entourage that you've encountered?
Saw that today and Farty is such a terrible writer I can't tell if that is Fran trying to convince Tyler or Fran softening the way back when he has to announce in a week and a half.
I agree with Fran. Show a mid range jumper and willingness to play some defenses and his profile jumps significantly.
Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.I agree with Fran. Show a mid range jumper and willingness to play some defenses and his profile jumps significantly.
Has there ever been any additional insight into Tyler’s motivation for pursuing a pro career now while knowing he’s a long shot to get drafted at this point?
I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t workout. Due to his reluctance to discuss his plan/thoughts on coming back, most have said or speculated that he’d prefer to play in the G league or overseas as opposed to coming back to Iowa, which would give him a better opportunity/showcase for the 2019 draft than G league or Europe.Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.I agree with Fran. Show a mid range jumper and willingness to play some defenses and his profile jumps significantly.
Has there ever been any additional insight into Tyler’s motivation for pursuing a pro career now while knowing he’s a long shot to get drafted at this point?
I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t workout. Due to his reluctance to discuss his plan/thoughts on coming back, most have said or speculated that he’d prefer to play in the G league or overseas as opposed to coming back to Iowa, which would give him a better opportunity/showcase for the 2019 draft than G league or Europe.Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.I agree with Fran. Show a mid range jumper and willingness to play some defenses and his profile jumps significantly.
Has there ever been any additional insight into Tyler’s motivation for pursuing a pro career now while knowing he’s a long shot to get drafted at this point?
I think that is overblown at this point and they put out that article a few weeks ago where he talked about coming back and Fran has talked about it multiple times as well.I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t workout. Due to his reluctance to discuss his plan/thoughts on coming back, most have said or speculated that he’d prefer to play in the G league or overseas as opposed to coming back to Iowa, which would give him a better opportunity/showcase for the 2019 draft than G league or Europe.Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.I agree with Fran. Show a mid range jumper and willingness to play some defenses and his profile jumps significantly.
Has there ever been any additional insight into Tyler’s motivation for pursuing a pro career now while knowing he’s a long shot to get drafted at this point?
You sure?I think that is overblown at this point and they put out that article a few weeks ago where he talked about coming back and Fran has talked about it multiple times as well.I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t workout. Due to his reluctance to discuss his plan/thoughts on coming back, most have said or speculated that he’d prefer to play in the G league or overseas as opposed to coming back to Iowa, which would give him a better opportunity/showcase for the 2019 draft than G league or Europe.Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.
We are 8 days away from him having to decide, and every day he hasn't hired an agent indicates he is coming back.
Fran has mentioned him coming back, however Fran isn’t always realistic in his assessments.I think that is overblown at this point and they put out that article a few weeks ago where he talked about coming back and Fran has talked about it multiple times as well.I’m not suggesting he shouldn’t workout. Due to his reluctance to discuss his plan/thoughts on coming back, most have said or speculated that he’d prefer to play in the G league or overseas as opposed to coming back to Iowa, which would give him a better opportunity/showcase for the 2019 draft than G league or Europe.Not sure what you mean, he and many others can pursue a pro career now with no negative impact to them. Teams are paying for them to fly in and work out, so they are taking advantage of it.
We are 8 days away from him having to decide, and every day he hasn't hired an agent indicates he is coming back.