**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

Reaction score
“Hand in the cookie jar” is what my grade school basketball coach would say with that follow though.

Creed

Doesn't go to the dentist
Reaction score
Got damn. He’s the best Hawkeye of my lifetime and we got hosed out of watching the end of his best season on the biggest stage the sport has to offer.

It would be so fucking unfair to be unable to watch him for the entirety of his final season as a Hawk.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Please have a season*
Probably need to start preparing for no Football or Bball season. Hope I'm wrong, but how this country has chosen to deal with the virus is not good. If we let it just work it's way through the population it probably won't burn out until late 2021.

When players start getting infected, whole teams getting infected, what happens then?

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Probably need to start preparing for no Football or Bball season. Hope I'm wrong, but how this country has chosen to deal with the virus is not good. If we let it just work it's way through the population it probably won't burn out until late 2021.

When players start getting infected, whole teams getting infected, what happens then?
They become immune and don't have to worry anymore.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Best play of that UNC game was the pass over the top from Oglesby that Olaseni caught in stride and dunked without having to dribble. 18 second mark.

The best play was Gesell drive for 3 pt play that gave us the famous gesell/woody celebration pic. It also won the game.kctjatjosm6y9kog5r7x.jpeg

Last edited:

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

Didn’t you hear? It’s magically going away. Trump was right all along.

StinkyMcFadden

Has Seen a Decent Number of Mexican Penises
Reaction score
I mean...fuck.

He either needs back surgery or he is tired as fuck...but still splashing.

StinkyMcFadden

Reaction score
Hopefully, he doesn't fall in love with his shooting and look to show the NBA how elite his range is because when he was inside, he was unstoppable 99.9% of the time.

douglasbader

Was RATT
Reaction score
Hopefully, he doesn't fall in love with his shooting and look to show the NBA how elite his range is because when he was inside, he was unstoppable 99.9% of the time.
This is one of the only "concerns" with him this year. If Iowa is really good, his numbers should actually drop significantly and hopefully he and Frank are good with that.

18 and 8 would be more realistic for him this year.

StinkyMcFadden

Reaction score
This is one of the only "concerns" with him this year. If Iowa is really good, his numbers should actually drop significantly and hopefully he and Frank are good with that.

18 and 8 would be more realistic for him this year.
I think he and Frank are smart enough to avoid that and he's always been an elite teammate.

I can see Bohannon being the fly in the ointment.

Hopefully, it will just end up being a matter of teams picking how they want to get beat.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
With the added depth, I am hopeful Fran is able to stagger the minutes better and avoid those awful bench units. At least two of Garza, Bohannon, CJ, and Wieskamp should be on the court at all times.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
This would have been Lick's best team at Iowa. Three 3* and a couple 4* players.

Toussaint
Ulis
Perkins
Pat
Nunge
Nunge was the only guy the Criminal would have offered. Then he would have had him gain 40 pounds on pizza and donuts so he could get slower and stiffer. The rest of those guys were too athletic for "the Butler way."