**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I both confirm and deny your hypothesis. I liked football, and I was an ok-at-best split end/wr, but it just didn't interest me the way that basketball did, and I got kind of bored with it. In football, your position meant that you worked on doing a couple of things well, on one side of the ball. In basketball, you had to do a lot of things well on both sides of the court. Football was stop-start-stop-start. Basketball was constant motion, an always fluid situation -- especially if it was uptempo with pressure defense.
What if you played both ways and were on all of the special teams? Obviously the experience is very different from person to person.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
What if you played both ways and were on all of the special teams? Obviously the experience is very different from person to person.
I played on everything all the way up until varsity where I was 2nd team DE and C and the long snapper. Due to our rotation I played quite a bit.

I played no basketball in HS. It was still and is still #1.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
the stop-start-stop-start thing was what I didn't like. that, and the helmet and the pads. constant movement, minimal gear was more my thing.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz may be Jade...but there's no way that Fran is @Monster

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Hawks will host their own MTE this year. Fran confirmed today.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score