**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

Reaction score
This isn't close. May was limited as a player but was a really good defender, brought excitement, athleticism and knew his role. His senior year he was very efficient and made a lot of winning plays in key spots. The '13 team was a lot of fun and he was a big part of that. Plus his steal and dunk on Chris Street night was an absolutely electric moment.

The lasting emotions with McCabe are pissed off and annoyed. He made mistakes, pouted, bitched and played smaller than he was. He had some nice moments and could be a better scorer but damn he was frustrating.

Last edited:

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Remember when he lost a bunch of weight and was still fat?

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Where's McCabe at these days? Des Moines burbs selling medical equipment or a pharm rep?

FatNTired

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Where's McCabe at these days? Des Moines burbs selling medical equipment or a pharm rep?
He owns/manages a few Jimmy Johns stores in Sioux City last I heard. I'd rather sell medical equipment.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
May was a great athlete who I remember most for a couple of blocks. One against Purdue and I think the other one was on a dunk attempt against Ohio St.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
My cousin owns/manages a few JJs in NE Iowa. He does pretty well for the area.

McCabe seems like the type that would spit in your sandwich if you complained.

I’ll never forget Whites senior year when Iowa was beating the shit out of Nebrantska in Lincoln and the tv was getting some crowd shots. Fats McCabe was going crazy. Dougs comment in chat was hilarious.

shoot-the-three

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I think he blocked a dunk attempt against OSU too? If I remember right May was the only guy back on turnover or fast break and measured the guy up and blocked the dunk, might have been Evan Turner trying to dunk? I am an old man and my memory isn't what it should be.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Thad Matta being a friend to the criminal saved the criminal from some real embarrassment his last year. Other than Evan Turner mocking Little John when Little John was guarding him at Carver.

Also, as a reminder, Thad Matta is only 52.
I always thought Thad Matta looked like the redneck guy from Harold and Kumar.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Thad Matta being a friend to the criminal saved the criminal from some real embarrassment his last year. Other than Evan Turner mocking Little John when Little John was guarding him at Carver.

Also, as a reminder, Thad Matta is only 52.
How is that even possible? I would’ve assumed he was getting close to 65.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Who was the twitter dipshit that floated it? Goodman?
It was Goodman. But if you read the article bohannon admitted that he spent several months of the season considering grad transferring for his final year

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
Ha well good. he toyed with it for a bit but glad he is staying.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
What am I missing? Why would Jordan ever consider leaving?

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
What am I missing? Why would Jordan ever consider leaving?
It said he thought about looking for a more accomplished team with a better chance to go to the final four. It was probably after the Depaul game.

Also, the guys he came in with (Kreiner/Pemsel) were gone too. I don't think there was a great chance of him leaving, but it wouldn't be crazy for him to think about it.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I thought about my mid-20’s redhead cart girl on Saturday

I didnt seriously consider my mid-20’s redhead cart girl on Saturday

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Whoah that’s noticeable.
I know they indicated his cancer after effects had basically stunted his growth and weight gain and he did look slightly bigger going into last season, but he looks very different now. It is almost like he went through puberty finally. Face structure has changed, legs are more developed, has a set of shoulders on him, voice is deeper, everything.