**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
McCaffery has potential to be a great 6th man.

Reaction score
Connor is more effective without the ball in his hands. He is an effective player

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Also, Luka Garza called him the best in the country at feeding the post. The biggest complaint to this point would be his shooting, but he was 34% from 3 last season (20% the year prior). That’s good enough that if he can maintain or improve on that a little bit there really won’t be a guy on the floor in that starting 5 that defenses can leave alone

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question with an easy answer but for some reason this thread no longer shows up when I click on the basketball forum. Did I accidentally click on something that causes this?

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Probably a stupid question with an easy answer but for some reason this thread no longer shows up when I click on the basketball forum. Did I accidentally click on something that causes this?
I have accidentally ignored an OP in the past, and that will hide threads they start.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Let’s say there Euro Leagues come out and say they’re for sure playing this year. The date I saw is October 1. With the uncertainty surrounding college athletics, would Luka be enticed to just play this season in Europe or has he said that’s not his goal?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
If the conferences are going to fuck around with their decision making I have no idea why he would stay

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Frank Garza was on a podcast recently and made it sound like if it looks like there might not be an NCAA Tournament, Luka will be pretty tempted to go pro.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
If he would announce he was coming back, but the season was canceled, can a Euro team pick him up?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The only real worry is the Frank Garza bullshit factor. He says there is a "lucrative" professional contract in Europe.

First, I don't know if I believe that for a second. If you have watched the TBT, the overriding thing is even well established overseas pros haven't signed deals because of uncertainty, so forgive me if I think that Frank might be full of shit that Luka has a deal on the table while having no agent.

During the latest episode of the Swarmcast, Frank mentioned that Luka has a lucrative professional contract in Europe on the table right now. He's also been meeting with NBA teams since he officially declared for the draft. Still, the decision isn't about monetary gain for Garza.

"He's not being motivated by money on this," Frank said. "This is a heart-centered kid, so that's why he's struggling so much. If he didn't care, he would have already signed a deal right now. If he didn't have a heart, he'd already have an agent because of so much uncertainty."

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
If there's lucrative money in Europe now, it will be there next year.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Also, there is going to be a season, the only question with basketball is when. Could be on schedule or could start as late as March. That won't affect Luka negatively in any way.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't think you put a date on it, then declare you're leaving.

Reaction score
The only decision that generates any buzz nationally is luka coming back to college.

Last edited:

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
If he’s going to Europe couldn’t he just up and leave whenever the fuck he wants? The NBA is obviously a different story, but I’m assuming he could technically drop out of school whenever and go play anywhere overseas that is willing to give him a contract. In theory.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I won’t fault Luka one iota no matter what he decides, but if we get fucked out of seeing him in the NCAA tournament two times that will blow some very large donkey balls.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Sounds like Tillman is coming back for MSU.

Can’t blame Garza if he chooses the Europe route but man that would suck nuts.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
If Luka leaves, it would be another huge "what if" for Iowa basketball, right up there with Ronnie's knee, Lute leaving and Chris Street.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Please don’t let CJ be one of those guys that has lingering injuries his entire career.