**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Stress fracture must have never fully healed. Hope he doesn't have problems going forward

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I didn't realize it's not the foot that bothered him during the season...

BillyBob

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Where in the fuck is Luka gonna go? Euroleague ain't exactly a certainty and I'm guessing teams don't have a ton to spend on salaries.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Luka would make decent money in Europe.

Can a team pick him up mid season if there is no NCAA season? Or do they have to have their rosters set prior to the start?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Petrusev from Gonzaga just announced he’s going to leave Gonzaga and play in Serbia because of the uncertainty surrounding the NCAA season.

thrawn

Reaction score
Luka would make decent money in Europe.

Can a team pick him up mid season if there is no NCAA season? Or do they have to have their rosters set prior to the start?
German dude at Iowa State left mid-season to play euro like 10 years ago. Might vary by league.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I don't know what Luka is going to do for sure (Frank seems to be trying hard to push him to go pro I think and is building the narrative about safety and COVID), but I sure don't want to hear a fucking word about COVID or social distancing being the reason.

Frank is trying to put it on everyone that they are ruining things by not wearing a mask or social distancing and it might force Luka to go pro, and then you see this. Old, young. No masks. No social distancing. Everyone hanging on Luka and him doing the same.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Frank’s just building up some suspense so it’s more awesome when he announces he’s coming back.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Frank’s just building up some suspense so it’s more awesome when he announces he’s coming back.
Yeah, I don't think so. I thought so before and now I don't. I think Frank is pushing him to go pro or at least scare him into thinking a season isn't going to happen.

My guess is that Luka really wants to stay.

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't think so. I thought so before and now I don't. I think Frank is pushing him to go pro or at least scare him into thinking a season isn't going to happen.

My guess is that Luka really wants to stay.
I don't know about that. Frank was the one in February talking about how the pro route would always be there and talking up the Kaminsky model.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
The reality is the a basketball season is in question because our nation has serious breakouts in a few places. The college basketball season is no where close to guaranteed.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I don't know about that. Frank was the one in February talking about how the pro route would always be there and talking up the Kaminsky model.
I think the pandemic has changed whatever Frank's thinking is.

He is convinced there likely isn't going to be a season, and is pushing more and more the pandemic stuff. Now you see Luka saying how conflicted he is and having national guys basically push the NCAA to give them more time.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I think the pandemic has changed whatever Frank's thinking is.

He is convinced there likely isn't going to be a season, and is pushing more and more the pandemic stuff. Now you see Luka saying how conflicted he is and having national guys basically push the NCAA to give them more time.
That time matters for the NBA, but not for Europe. Right? If it’s just a Europe thing, I like the idea of him waiting as long as possible before doing anything.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
The reality is the a basketball season is in question because our nation has serious breakouts in a few places. The college basketball season is no where close to guaranteed.
IMO it's going to be a revised schedule. Only conferences and schools within a certain radius. It's going to be a nasty winter.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I won't say completely disagree, but disagree very strongly. They can move basketball starting as late as March if they need to and play through June. The NBA isn't going to start likely until March for next season and their draft will be pushed until at least September and the start of the 2021-2022 season to December 2021.

They aren't going to give up an entire season of NCAA basketball when there are no time constraints on it.

douglasbader

Reaction score
The narrative is also that it is going to be a nasty winter, but people more than ever are going to be social distancing and wearing masks as they never have before. That along with more conscious hand washing and revised school measures might mean we have one of the more healthy winters we have had in a long time.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't understand being vehemently against wearing a thin little mask. It's also undeniable that some people are incredibly invested in making Covid out to be the bubonic plague, and love nothing more than to scold people about it.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Solon CSD made the mistake of leaving the comments on for their zoom webinar yesterday detailing the Return to Learn plan. I took screen shots of some of the comments.
Cliff notes: were all going to die and the school doesn’t care!!!

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Solon CSD made the mistake of leaving the comments on for their zoom webinar yesterday detailing the Return to Learn plan. I took screen shots of some of the comments.
Cliff notes: were all going to die and the school doesn’t care!!!
I mean I can't see any other possible outcome