**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
And Foster's parents likely wishing they guided him towards Iowa City...?
I was more quoting your quote of Connor but that doesn't come through on this version of HaLo.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I was more quoting your quote of Connor but that doesn't come through on this version of HaLo.
Gotcha so you agree that his parents should have guided him towards Iowa City too....given everything Iowa State Basketball.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
No one “blew a gasket” that Niang blew a kiss, Harold.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't know, Connor tweaking Iowa State, Niang with the Iowa stuff and bohannon and his shoes, are different than the booster going after the refs.

The players all wanted the reaction. They enjoyed the response. The dude being held back my the security guard is just fucking bonkers.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I don't know, Connor tweaking Iowa State, Niang with the Iowa stuff and bohannon and his shoes, are different than the booster going after the refs.

The players all wanted the reaction. They enjoyed the response. The dude being held back my the security guard is just fucking bonkers.
Absolutely, but I will share that photo in these type of situations on Halo as long as I’m around.

Floyd R

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
With Garza coming back, I get this feeling when thinking about playing teams like MSU, Iowa State, and Wisconsin:

HlhRL7I.gif

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Iowa people should really calm the fuck down. Talking about contending for a Big Ten Championship is one thing, all the talk I have seen of Final 4 or winning it all is a bit crazy given how fickle the NCAA Tournament can be based on your matchup.

Players wanting to say it, fine, but seeing a whole shitload of fans act like Iowa is a lock for NCAA glory.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Iowa people should really calm the fuck down. Talking about contending for a Big Ten Championship is one thing, all the talk I have seen of Final 4 or winning it all is a bit crazy given how fickle the NCAA Tournament can be based on your matchup.

Players wanting to say it, fine, but seeing a whole shitload of fans act like Iowa is a lock for NCAA glory.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

I try to not set up myself for disappointment but we canceled the fucking ncaa tournament so it can’t get any worse than that.

Fritz Fequiere

Has a Master's from ISU worth millions
Reaction score
Let us not forget bohannon tweeting the night before the game "Lames tomorrow night", which is some first-rate shit-talking/calling your shot.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Iowa should be pretty fucking good. But we also play in the I am a giant douche where officiating does not favor our style of play, so winning the league is gonna be a challenge

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

The Big Ten talk is fine with me, they play a shit ton of conference games, but yes the NCAA tournament talk is ridiculous. I'll admit I would be happy with a sweet 16 run. Although it would be considered an underperformance with the talent on the team, the tournament is a fucking bear and I'd be happy with any run.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They need to make it to the second weekend. Its all gravy after that, though I'm sure I won't feel that way when it happens.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Well, if you are a contender for the Big Ten Regular Season Title, then you’re a National Title contender. Calling them a “national title contender” isn’t out of bounds on its own. Now if someone says “expect Iowa to make the Final Four” or something like that, then it is worthy of scorn.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Well, if you are a contender for the Big Ten Regular Season Title, then you’re a National Title contender. Calling them a “national title contender” isn’t out of bounds on its own. Now if someone says “expect Iowa to make the Final Four” or something like that, then it is worthy of scorn.
Yeah, that is what I am talking about. There are more than a few that I saw.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Give me a second weekend appearance, the first since 19 freaking 99, and I’ll be a hamper camper. Anything beyond that is gravy.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
If at some point we lose in the NCAA tournament I will be pissed regardless of the round.
So fuck off.

Charles

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Already had money down on the Hawks to win it all before Garza's announcement. Let's go!!!!!!

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I don’t see where Ayo fits on the next level. Good college player but his game is lots of garbage

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe Michigan will be good again.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Please wait for an official schedule and focus on the first bake ONLY. Can’t look through anyone.