**2020 Iowa Basketball Off-Season Thread**

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I'm a UNI guy and I'm tired of that shit. Iowa (and ISU) did UNI a favor for years by playing up there. Nobody is entitled to anything. I would like it if Iowa started playing a home-and-home with UNI, but I understand why it isn't going to happen.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Kind of a chicken and egg thing, but I wonder if we had less retards covering the Hawks, we'd have less retarded fans.

Typically the Iowa beat writers are on board with the 'Fran is a chicken shit' argument.

As Newsy points out, there is nothing wrong with UNI fans to want it, but it's absurd to think Iowa owes it to them.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
As with ISU in football, this is just a weirdly Iowan thing. "They should play UNI!" Why? "Because they're located within the same state!" And?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Lotta overlap between anti-elite nobody is any better than me types (whom Iowa has a shitload of) and Iowa owes it to ISU and/or UNI to play them types, imo. Fuck Iowa State and, to a lesser extent, UNI. Iowa doesn’t owe them shit, and propping them up by regularly playing them is actually quite clearly to Iowa’s detriment.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
It's almost like he's a young guy with new ideas and perspective.
It’s also almost like he isn’t a total slob that (semi-douchey profile pic aside) actually looks like a normal human being.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The fact that they want to play Iowa so badly and Iowa is uninterested, and the resulting outrage, tells you all you need to know about the natural pecking order within the state.
That one is in the Big Ten and the other in a mid-major league tells you that. This is a question for which someone needs evidence?

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
The fact that they want to play Iowa so badly and Iowa is uninterested, and the resulting outrage, tells you all you need to know about the natural pecking order within the state.

Outside of the like 9 completely deluded UNI superfans everyone knows the pecking order between the 2 programs.

Like Newsy said, I want UNI and Iowa to play for selfish reasons but I understand why it doesn't greatly benefit Iowa.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
I have thrown Kakert under the bus so many times. But it is incredible how much less of a douche he is than Morehouse, Howe and Harty. I think his message board/website pretty well sucks, but he actually seems like a much better person (and much more comfortable in his own skin) than those three to me.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I'm a UNI guy and I'm tired of that shit. Iowa (and ISU) did UNI a favor for years by playing up there. Nobody is entitled to anything. I would like it if Iowa started playing a home-and-home with UNI, but I understand why it isn't going to happen.
It seems like we are in similar boats, but I feel the exact opposite. I get no benefit from the game

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
In the year 2020 there is no reason for a big ten school to play at a Missouri valley school.

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
David Eickholt is considerably better than the rest of the beat writers.
Hadn't heard of him before the Luka PC. He asked some interesting questions, not just the obvious ones.

LifelongHawk

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Conference holiday tournament in a bubble?

“We’re preparing for the season as if it will start normally,” McCaffery said. “I think we all have to agree that might not be the case. Maybe Jan. 1 is the magic date. Obviously, there’s a better chance of a vaccine by then.

“Will it be conference-only games? That’s a possibility. We’re all talking about a lot of different scenarios. We have the opportunity from Thanksgiving through the start of the second semester to maybe do a bubble-type event. Maybe that’s something we do.”

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Let’s go!!!!!!

(right?)

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Yep I'm guilty. Poorly worded. There will not be the usual season

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Nlp is such a fucking retard

"there won't be a season"

"of course there will be a season"

Like 5 posts apart. How can someone be so dumb

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
Will be the season in which the beer is not flowing inside Carver

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Yep I'm guilty. Poorly worded. There will not be the usual season
So all the times you don’t do this, you don’t do it because you truly don’t believe it necessary. Huh...