2020 recruiting

BngHawk

Scumbag
Reaction score
I don't get what the troll is here? Please explain to those of us who killed off too many brain cells this past weekend.
I think it could be interpreted as a dig at “lets get mad again”.

I don’t totally get it either. I think dildoboy is making more of it than is actually there. One of the comments has someone jerking off about his troll game being niang style.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Which means absolutely nothing. Except you get to play a meaningless exhibition in late December or January. But that’s more of a college football problem than an Iowa problem.

Also, I would be more bummed about losing out on Foster if he was a highly touted in-state PG. College basketball is a guards game and that is where Fran has continued to fall short. Hopefully, Joe T makes us forget all that.
So, DJ Carton?

Who through two games at OSU is averaging 11 pts/4 reb/3assists while shooting 73% from the floor (67% from 3).
Carton wasn’t truly in state though. Didn’t have Iowa roots.
He went to high school an hour from Iowa City and his grandfather played basketball for the Hawks. He's a worse miss than Foster.

Reaction score

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Carton wasn’t truly in state though. Didn’t have Iowa roots.
He went to high school an hour from Iowa City and his grandfather played basketball for the Hawks. He's a worse miss than Foster.
No, you're worse.
Nah, despite being a Dr Tom basketball camp all-star in 8th grade, I don't think my picking ISU over Iowa probably had much of an effect on the Hawkeye basketball team, especially compared to Carton and Foster.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
I hope Fran is motivated more than ever and makes everyone looks stupid.

Reaction score
I don't get what the troll is here? Please explain to those of us who killed off too many brain cells this past weekend.
I think it could be interpreted as a dig at “lets get mad again”.

I don’t totally get it either. I think dildoboy is making more of it than is actually there. One of the comments has someone jerking off about his troll game being niang style.
Ok that's what I was guessing but in true isu fashion, it's dumb as shit. I'm guessing what Foster said was completely innocent, but stansbury was so buzzed it made sense in his head. And then the dickbeaters fall in line

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
I like Fran regardless of a retarded decision from one 18 year old. I think we are lucky to have him.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
I like Fran regardless of a retarded decision from one 18 year old. I think we are lucky to have him.
Still like him after tonight?

He’s a fucking shitty recruiter or at least a shitty closer. Sure he’s had a few nice players but he’s a shitload of turds too.

Drives me nuts that his fall back recruits are seemingly always fallbacks of fallbacks and lacking an athleticism

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Still like him after tonight?

He’s a fucking shitty recruiter or at least a shitty closer. Sure he’s had a few nice players but he’s a shitload of turds too.

Drives me nuts that his fall back recruits are seemingly always fallbacks of fallbacks and lacking an athleticism
Tonight sucked, but we will be back.

Shit happens when you party naked.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
I like Fran too. People who get upset about stuff like his sideline demeanor are idiots.

We have, however, clearly long since hit the ceiling of what Iowa basketball is under his leadership.

Reaction score
To reduce his recruiting woes to one dumb kid, is pretty disingenuous.
it’s not one kid. It’s the entire class he has committed.
And when combined with last year's class, outside of his son the two are both very bad on paper. Just like the 2014-2015 classes. You can't sustain success with multiple poor recruiting classes. Round of 32 might be Fran's ceiling.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
How are we lucky to have Fran? Name a bigger/better program that would hire Fran today?

AZmess

Loved and Defended Lickliter Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
That’s huge.

Fair and Balanced

Just the Worst
Reaction score
What can be done renovation-wise to Carver? I don't know shit about engineering but don't think it's a big deal to lose 25% of the seats in there, they only fill it for big wrestling meets and occasional men's games.
purchase bots to show up at the games. There is nothing wrong with Carver. Our fans are spoiled and evidently refuse to show up unless dr Tom is rehired and Chris Street resurrected.

we can talk all we want about trying to take the next step up but quite frankly there are not enough people that care. The donors that could influence change are comfortable with the current state of the program and the everyman Fanbase doesn’t bother to show up to games. There is no incentive to make any big changes.
Blaming the customers is a really shitty strategy.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Holy shit

I don't know much about women's basketball so had to look her up. She's the number 4 recruit in the country per ESPN. Damn.
I also looked up the women’s recruiting rankings to see if she was still that highly regarded (kill me now, please) and saw there’s a top 100 girl from Iowa City going to Iowa State. What the fuck?

Reaction score
Reaction score
Holy shit

I don't know much about women's basketball so had to look her up. She's the number 4 recruit in the country per ESPN. Damn.
I also looked up the women’s recruiting rankings to see if she was still that highly regarded (kill me now, please) and saw there’s a top 100 girl from Iowa City going to Iowa State. What the fuck?
Aubrey Joens. Good player, psychopath father than Lisa and Co. wanted no part of. Same with older sisters Ashley (also at ISU) and Courtney at Illinois.

Reaction score
FWIW- I was talking to a former ISU player who’s now coaching AAU this morning. He said Foster isn’t very good, lazy, and a dumb shit.

Reaction score

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Aubrey Joens. Good player, psychopath father than Lisa and Co. wanted no part of. Same with older sisters Ashley (also at ISU) and Courtney at Illinois.
per that ESPN link Iowa State has 4 of the top 77 players. Really winning the offseason

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
FWIW- I was talking to a former ISU player who’s now coaching AAU this morning. He said Foster isn’t very good, lazy, and a dumb shit.
Pretty much everyone’s been saying that since the state tournament. Doesn’t change the fact that he was a very important recruit for Iowa.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
Stinson? What a douche
This isn't sour grapes though, people on all sides have been raising the red flag on Foster for a couple years now.

He started off as a big time 5* recruit with blue blood interest and invites to the Team USA training center. That all quickly tailed off starting with all of the blue blood programs taking a hard pass on him even with a ton of direct exposure, continued with his drop in the recruiting rankings and really showing in his list of final schools. He didn't even have the second tier of top programs looking at him and was down to schools like Virginia Tech.

Then you have a lot of anecdotal stuff like he is very soft, lacks motivation, is more interested in playing video games than playing basketball and simply isn't competitive.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
Hopefully he's a huge locker room cancer and athletic director raper as well.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Already been posted.

Search "We didn't want him anyways"

Reaction score
Not a chance he ends up at Iowa, he visited with Foster so I'm sure they discussed what has been since shared in the news since the commitment.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I wish there was video of him that wasn’t from 4 years ago.