2020 recruiting

Gushawk

Hires SullCrom
Reaction score
So this kid’s best case basically Swanigan from Purdue? If so, that’s a project worth embarking on

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
So this kid’s best case basically Swanigan from Purdue? If so, that’s a project worth embarking on
Im no statistician but I think the best case scenario for every recruit in the country is NBA first round draft pick.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I just hope fran doesn't let him hit the weights too hard. you don't want to take away his quickness.

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
I’m just here for that British accent (African accent if you ask Doug). We’ve missed that since Olaseni graduated.

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
I’m just here for that British accent (African accent if you ask Doug). We’ve missed that since Olaseni graduated.
Both. He has a mixed accent.
It reminds me of this great post from @StinkyMcFadden.

I think it's the players' fault as much as anything else.

We have a bunch of corny guys on the roster.

When you're the toast of the town in high school, you picture college being like a combination of a rap video and an And-One game.

You don't picture yourself playing your college ball with Uthoff, White, Gesell, Woodbury, Oglesby and Meyer. One of our black guys talks like the queen and the other in clicks and pops.

Clemmons has a heavy burden on most recruiting visits, I'd guess.

I think the whole dynamic could work with a guy like Uhl and it almost did with Ulis, who appears to be a tremendous nerd in his own right.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Speaking of Olaseni. His teammate was awesome:

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Sure hope those Murray LOI come in soon!

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I actually hope the Murray twins turn out to be decent contributors. It's a great story if it plays out that way. The excitement when Kenyon came to Iowa as Michigan Mr. Basketball was huge. He never quite lived up to the hype, but I always enjoyed watching him play. You can tell through his twitter feed that he's a super excited, and proud Hawk dad.

(Similar to ISU's George Conditt's dad, who was an ISU football player and is clearly a proud dad that his kid followed in his footsteps to play at his alma mater. Plus there's a little extra pride in wearing the jersey for the kids. Prohm mentioned that last night regarding Conditt and how much he loves ISU and is a great ambassador for the school. He and Haliburton are top notch recruiters for campus visits.)

L. Wade Childress

Is Texting Right Now
Reaction score
I really don’t have a problem with the Murray offer because they seem to be Uthoff type players and fran likes outside shooting from players that can swing between the 3/4. My main issue was that we used two scholarships and it will be hard to get them to move on if they are not going to contribute.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
This appears to be a picture with teammates...but what is going on with the dude in the blue sweathshirt in the middle's hair line?

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
All in all, Xavier Foster does look like the type of tool that would play at Clown U

CurdMan

TurdMan
Reaction score
Iowa and Minnesota are two of his finalists and neither has been recruiting him for the past couple of weeks. I think his wait and see when to sign is dependent on whether Georgetown will take him this fall or not

Slidewilly

Independent centrist moderate
Reaction score
Decent footwork, big frame. Not overly athletic but he’s got some skill. Providence and Cincinnati offers, we are in no place to act like he’s not good enough for us if he commits to Iowa.
I think he also had a Rutgers offer.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Here's an entire game of the Murray twins. Warning: This is tough to watch and they're clearly the 2 best players on the floor. The other team appears to be awful.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Why I don't think 2020 will be a replay of 2015:

1) everyone has a clear position. moss was the only 2015 who could fit in a clear spot -- the 2. hutton had no clear position. williams might have been a decent 3 or 4, but he was out of his skillset at the 1. wagner was a warrior and scoring threat -- on the football field. on the basketball court, he had a soft 4 game in a 3 body. fleming? eh. fuck fleming.

2) ulis is a solid pg. perkins is a sg, but we'll see about the skillset -- at the very least, he's not going to be out of position or a fran "let's make him dev 2.0 project." ogundele is a legit center.

at least for those three, no one is going to fail because they don't have a clear fit. what sunk the '15 class was that too many were project tweeners, none of whom worked out.

Last edited:

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
There's an old saying "it's not the x's and the o's, it's the Jimmys and the Joes".

I guess I have to wonder why Fran can't seem to sign any Jimmys. Probably because 1/5 of the rotation is Joes.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
There's an old saying "it's not the x's and the o's, it's the Jimmys and the Joes".

I guess I have to wonder why Fran can't seem to sign any Jimmys. Probably because 1/5 of the rotation is Joes.
I’ve exhausted my eligibility

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Why I don't think 2020 will be a replay of 2015:

1) everyone has a clear position. moss was the only 2015 who could fit in a clear spot -- the 2. hutton had no clear position. williams might have been a decent 3 or 4, but he was out of his skillset at the 1. wagner was a warrior and scoring threat -- on the football field. on the basketball court, he had a soft 4 game in a 3 body. fleming? eh. fuck fleming.

2) ulis is a solid pg. perkins is a sg, but we'll see about the skillset -- at the very least, he's not going to be out of position or a fran "let's make him dev 2.0 project." ogundele is a legit center.

at least for those three, no one is going to fail because they don't have a clear fit. what sunk the '15 class was that too many were project tweeners, none of whom worked out.
Given that Ogundele is raw, it will be good for him to battle with Garza for a year and learn a lot of his core fundamentals.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score

I’ve exhausted my eligibility
But would you even consider Iowa knowing that there are so many Joes on the team???

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
He is, but he will slim down as he gets into college. Garza was fat as fuck at that age too, way fatter than him.

Reaction score
Was Garza that fat his senior year? I don’t recall that being the case.

When did that cyst develop?