2020 recruiting

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Fat cougs stayed fat. May have gotten fatter

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Fran should be all in on the transfer market, especially given the chance that Patrick might never fully recover from his thyroid/cancer issues and the Murray twins need to redshirt.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
Fran should be all in on the transfer market, especially given the chance that Patrick might never fully recover from his thyroid/cancer issues and the Murray twins need to redshirt.
Agreed, just not an MVC-level spazz or stiff.

Reaction score
"What attracted me to the University of Iowa was not only the coaches, but the team's reputation of players, and how well they play and compete in the Big Ten. I also liked how the program has produced players in the NBA."

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Josh Ogundele
Two-year starter for Worcester Academy

Averaged 7.3 points (59% FG; 70& FT), four rebounds in 26 games played as a junior

14 points and nine rebounds versus nationally-ranked Link Year Prep at National Prep Showcase in 2019

Has volunteered more than 100 hours of community service at Worcester Academy (St. John's Soup Kitchen; Union Hill School; Hill-O-Ween; Friendly House; Rainbow Child Development Center)

He could be good but that bio cracked me up.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Love the exclamation point at the end of Frans comment on Perkins.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
"What attracted me to the University of Iowa was not only the coaches, but the team's reputation of players, and how well they play and compete in the Big Ten. I also liked how the program has produced players in the NBA."

Maybe he means Europe's "NBA"?

Reaction score
Josh Ogundele
Two-year starter for Worcester Academy

Averaged 7.3 points (59% FG; 70& FT), four rebounds in 26 games played as a junior

14 points and nine rebounds versus nationally-ranked Link Year Prep at National Prep Showcase in 2019

Has volunteered more than 100 hours of community service at Worcester Academy (St. John's Soup Kitchen; Union Hill School; Hill-O-Ween; Friendly House; Rainbow Child Development Center)

He could be good but that bio cracked me up.
Huge missed opportunity if you do the meme and don't include the red eyes.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
the pg is a massive douche

the slavic kid gives some unusually firm (and kind of grabby) butt-pats

the murrays look like good practice players

just a painful video all the way around

J1973s

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
DMOFR and Demetrieus “Meechie” Terry is a 2019 graduate of St Edwards HS in the Cleveland area.
BTW, lived a winter in Florida a few years back and watched a fair number of Windermere Prep basketball games. The talent level in the Florida prep schools I watched was high. Saw a former PAC 12 player of the year and several other high major players. IMO, we may be fortunate we signed the Murray twins when we did. Heck, we could have used a “Meechie” a lot of years.
If Windemere rings a bell, the Academy is not far from where Tiger was on the wrong end of some of his long irons one night.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
Someone from this class is going to end up being really good- I’m just worried that Fran is going to end up 0/4 on the rest of them.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I like Murray as a local offer, greater shooter.

unfortunately there are two of them.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
So if two players pan out from each recruiting class, Fran's doing pretty well, right?

Reaction score
Highlights from Ahron Ulis's most recent game. His ball handling looks much tighter than it did earlier in his career.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
Hutton had serious bounce, too.

Hoping Tony P brings more than just hops.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Saucy is my pick to surprise.

Evidently he can defend and jump, that's about all they need out of him at first.

Reaction score
Saw elsewhere that Perkins hit 5 threes in the game. In addition to the point total, the assists and threes against really good competition are great signs.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score
those highlights are saucy

we may have a sleeper here

Reaction score
I like him and Uhlis. Especially if they're able to just be depth behind Joe T. and CJ early and develop.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
1 dunk from Saucy and 90% of Iowa fans will be asking for him to replace CJ in the starting lineup his freshman year. 'We haven't had anything like that since the 80s!'

douglasbader

Reaction score
At the very least the players Fran got in this class seem to be a mix of competitive, athletic, confident and can shoot.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
1 dunk from Saucy and 90% of Iowa fans will be asking for him to replace CJ in the starting lineup his freshman year. 'We haven't had anything like that since the 80s!'
It will be the same argument that is made when a walk on starts at safety for Iowa while a more athletic guy sits.

douglasbader

Reaction score
It will be the same argument that is made when a walk on starts at safety for Iowa while a more athletic guy sits.
I actually don't think this will be the case. CJ Fredrick is good enough and athletic enough I don't think anyone will say that. Connor would be the guy they want him to start over.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Nice place to start from...obvious room for improvement with his handle and release but those can be addressed with a redshirt year.
Yeah the release is slow and his ball handling isn't up to speed with his athleticism, but he won't be coming in to play major minutes for his first couple years. He's got time to grow his game

Reaction score
Looks like he plays with emotion, which is what Iowa needs too. Not like Pemsl emotion but positive emotion. I'm sick of seeing guys get an and 1 and they all slap hands.

Shpadoinkle

Reaction score
Looks like he plays with emotion, which is what Iowa needs too. Not like Pemsl emotion but positive emotion. I'm sick of seeing guys get an and 1 and they all slap hands.
Should they touch tips instead?

Shpadoinkle

Reaction score