2020 recruiting

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

Perkins is shooting 13-of-26 from 2-point range, 8-of-11 from 3, and 11-of-14 from the free-throw line.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I understand highlight videos are supposed to make the player look good, but I think Ulis is a player.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
liking what I read about Ulis, Ogundele, and Perkins (I'm coming around to Saucy). Fran's good 3-stars have been guys who have been a key flaw away from being a 4-star (White and Toussaint, for example -- give those guys reliable jumpers and they're big-time recruits); they do a few things really well, and they work within Fran's system. His meh 3 stars (Williams, Dailey, Kriener...and others) have been guys who do a little bit of everything just kind of ok for P5-level basketball.

Ulis looks like he can get in the lane, distribute, and defend. Shot might be shaky, but if he has two wings who can stroke it, he'll be ok.

TurdBurgler

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I've wanted that little ulis fucker on our team for almost a decade now.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm rooting for Fran on this class. Make us all look stupid.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I looked at Worcester Academy's basketball twitter and it seems Ogundele is rarely among leading scorers. Which is fine, I think we all knew he was a project but I would be shocked to see him play big minutes next year. The same probably goes for the rest of the class.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He probably has the best recruiting profile, but I'm the least excited about him.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
I looked at Worcester Academy's basketball twitter and it seems Ogundele is rarely among leading scorers. Which is fine, I think we all knew he was a project but I would be shocked to see him play big minutes next year. The same probably goes for the rest of the class.
FWIW he has been hurt lately. Missed a couple games in fact

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

I know Iowa was out of the race a long time ago, but I like this kid. Glad Iowa won't have to play him

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
He’s very good and Gonzaga is probably the right choice. With that said these recruiting announcements got really fucking stupid awhile ago. I get enjoying the moment, but so many of these are on ESPN/make it some dramatic deal and a very healthy amount of these kids never make it like they think they will (duh). The whole Cliff Alexander saga is a prime example. It’s much worse in football where few guys are even physically ready as freshmen.

/get off my lawn

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I refuse to question Fran after this year. He is a genius.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
Saucy T is not playing any games this season.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
right now I'm having rager visions of ulis and saucy T draining open jumpers while ogundele is doing crafty big man things in the post

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
from this thread alone.
This ultimately tells you everything about Fran and where the program is going, and that is stuck in neutral. Not bad, not great, but fine as @MikeyJoe points out.

Fran should have done a significant overhaul, but he either was lazy or couldn't get anyone worth a shit and went with a guy who had already been on staff and then left for a crap job and flamed out and took him back.

Speraw's supposed worth and strong suit is getting the best in state talent. He has failed miserably at that the last 2 years. Sherm supposed worth and strong suit was AAU connections through Nike, but that obviously isn't producing anything.

Fran is 60 years old. Speraw is 63 years old. Sherm is 64 years old. Al Siebert is 57 years old.

Billy Taylor and Courtney Eldridge are the youngsters on the staff and they are 46 and 41 years old.

The staff is too old to truly be effective in recruiting in 2019, especially given that Iowa doesn't exactly have a great winning reputation.
The fucking Murray twins, the shitty Ulis brother and some random guy from Indiana. Zero offers from Power 5 schools. Sheesh.

Fran, send that bag of cash to Sibley and the British kid.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Sibley apparently got hurt at the Bass Pro tournament game last night. I have no idea if it's serious, but I didnt really want him anyways.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Sibley apparently got hurt at the Bass Pro tournament game last night. I have no idea if it's serious, but I didnt really want him anyways.
Iowa hasn’t been recruiting him for months. Even when they still had multiple openings they backed off