**2021-2022 Iowa Basketball Season Thread**

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Hope Joe T gets back to where he should be at with his free throws so we don't have to relive the Gesell years of pissing away games with missed free throws.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
Hope Joe T gets back to where he should be at with his free throws so we don't have to relive the Gesell years of pissing away games with missed free throws.
I remember pissing away games by never ever making a game winning shot during the MG years. Lots of times note even getting a shot off at all on the last possession.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
I remember pissing away games by never ever making a game winning shot during the MG years. Lots of times note even getting a shot off at all on the last possession.
That was the worst. Not even a fucking shot off...

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't get the negative Rebraca stuff. A different type of player, but he's a serviceable Nunge replacement.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I don't get the negative Rebraca stuff. A different type of player, but he's a serviceable Nunge replacement.
He looked decent on offense but I’m not sure how you claim he played good D and her definitely didn’t crash any boards.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I think people are just used to seeing Luka set up shop. Mich, Purdue and Illinois are also going to be serious mismatches.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
I mean, it’s not like Luka was some defensive menace. He was a big body that was pretty good at getting himself into good position on defense down low. It’s more of a matter of who is going to grab those defensive rebounds that Luka and Wieskamp swallowed up.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
Everyone here seems super WORRIED!!!!

Shut the fuck up.
Oh fuck off. It's not like we aren't saying anything that's not grounded in reality and you know it. You can be excited about a team without being delusional and jizzing in your pants.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Oh fuck off. It's not like we aren't saying anything that's not grounded in reality and you know it. You can be excited about a team without being delusional and jizzing in your pants.
I don't know, pretty WORRIED!! over here.

It isn't what you are saying, it is the douchebag annoying way you are saying it.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
HMB is playing at Tuesdays DH. Was cool having them at VB on Friday.

Reaction score
I’ll be very happy if this team makes the tournament. Somewhere between 17-21 wins seems pretty likely to me and given the SOS, they probably need 20+ to make it. I’m surprised KenPom and Sagarin both have them preseason top 25.

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
What do I do if my two biggest concerns are post defense and perimeter shooting?
The only perimeter shooter Iowa lost was Wieskamp. Fredrick and Nunge couldn't stay on the floor. And now we have Sandfort

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Sandfort is literally one of the best high school shooters I’ve ever seen. It’s just a matter of shot attempts.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
What’s the best spot to find single game tickets? Going through the university and the seats are shitty.

My wife wants me to pickup 4 for western illinois as a Christmas give to our kids and I got to think that’ll have plenty available.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
What’s the best spot to find single game tickets? Going through the university and the seats are shitty.

My wife wants me to pickup 4 for western illinois as a Christmas give to our kids and I got to think that’ll have plenty available.
Is this a serious question?

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score

You should consider the possibility that your wife posed this question to you as a very simple test of your ability to successfully raise her children.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
While I’m receiving well deserved ridicule, I was on Ticketmaster and vivid but didn’t know of any particular website being “best.” A lot of the seats seemed shitty and if I’m going to get shitty seats, I might as well buy through the ticket office. Was just wondering if there was a different/better path.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
While I’m receiving well deserved ridicule, I was on Ticketmaster and vivid but didn’t know of any particular website being “best.” A lot of the seats seemed shitty and if I’m going to get shitty seats, I might as well buy through the ticket office. Was just wondering if there was a different/better path.
you're buying shitty seats for a shitty game. Buy whatever is cheapest so you can buy shitty beer.

Fletch

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Do you think Western Illinois fans look at Iowa (Keegan) like we look at Kentucky (Ulis). Rabid fan base, those Leathernecks.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
They are playing a shitty opponent mid-week over Christmas break, and you're going to buy tickets through the ticket office? Is this your first live sports event? You can get great seats for cheap as fuck on the secondary market.