2021 Basketball Recruiting

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Is this the PG Iowa will recruit for 8 months and commit elsewhere? If history tells us anything, if Fran gets a PG he's offering him in the wave about a month before signing day

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Checked out Waukee/Centennial tonight. Waukee lost, Sandfort played incredibly soft and couldn’t make open shots and Centennial killed Waukee inside. Sandfort’s freshman brother looked as good as he did. Devries dropped 36 and was a badass.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yet they always do.
Lol at the position you have carved out of the measured never doubted a Fran recruit.

You are right except for those pesky 2014/2015 classes.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Lol at the position you have carved out of the measured never doubted a Fran recruit.

You are right except for those pesky 2014/2015 classes.
No I almost never comment ever. You’ll probably dig and find something but I don’t say anything bc no one ever fucking knows.

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well A) I think it’s a misconception that Wisconsin plays the Dick Bennett style still. They don’t. They play hard and they make you guard and conversely they guard the crap out of you too.

The The Criminal style was an abomination for a myriad of reasons but number 1 more than anything else, was the recruiting was fucking abysmal. So to say we’ve tried that already isn’t really accurate.

I guess what I’m saying is iowa needs to own their backyard in recruiting and start playing tough and not like a bunch of pussies. I don’t think Fran can really do either of those at this point.
Nice take MessDawg!

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
He did not grow up rooting for any particular college basketball program. He cheered on whichever of the in-state schools were experiencing success at the time.

:confused:

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
There is no way that a male named Payton is not a pussy

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
He did not grow up rooting for any particular college basketball program. He cheered on whichever of the in-state schools were experiencing success at the time.

:confused:

Instant gratification generation. If your team doesn't win, pick another!

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
He would be fine on a team filled with athlete's who can defend and penetrate, leaving him as a three point shooter. That's the only way he would work.

He belongs at Drake with DeVries kid, who is better imo.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
If he is as good of a shooter as he is made out to be, sign him. To add with Toussaint, Perkins, Ulis, Fredrick? Yea, why not?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
If he is as good of a shooter as he is made out to be, sign him. To add with Toussaint, Perkins, Ulis, Fredrick? Yea, why not?
He is shooting 55% from the floor and 47% from three.

That doesn't always translate, but you don't pass up on anyone that can shoot in the modern game. They are far more valuable than slashers or athletes (not counting star players).

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
He has offers from Iowa, Minnesota and Utah already and will likely add more this spring. I don't think he is a player you can flippantly pass on, especially if he can shoot.
As i have mentioned, I have now seen him play a ton and I 100% take him if I am iowa. He is going to be more wing-oriented than the Murray boys. He will be surrounded by people that can penetrate and guys they can hit open threes are exactly what makes our offense awesome. I generally think Waukee kids are a little soft but I think he’s going to end up a really good player somewhere.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
As i have mentioned, I have now seen him play a ton and I 100% take him if I am iowa. He is going to be more wing-oriented than the Murray boys. He will be surrounded by people that can penetrate and guys they can hit open threes are exactly what makes our offense awesome. I generally think Waukee kids are a little soft but I think he’s going to end up a really good player somewhere.
His name is fucking Payton

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
FYI I am guessing he puts on some weight ends up as more of a McCabe type role rather than Wieskamp.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Is he as good of a shooter as oglesby?

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
If there’s one thing this board is good at, it’s predicting the success of recruits/future Hawks.

Hawkstrat

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I don't have an opinion on Payton. But what exactly is going on with his ear lobes?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
His brother is also starting at guard as a freshman...first freshman to start at Waukee in the 15 years I’ve been here

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
If he can shoot you absolutely take him. Fans craved a slashing pg that could get to the rim, they get one, and everyone bitches about him. Shooting is much more important.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Don't lump me in with this shit. I'm not even close to the worse offender of this.

Also, you fucking wanted The Criminal to stick around for years longer. YEARS.
You’ve got some beautiful The Criminal quotes too bro