2021 Basketball Recruiting

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Honest question.... is this the least talked about fairly decent recruit that Iowa has gotten under Fran?

Not sure if that is because he is white, because he is local, because of the pandemic, because the current team is ranked in the Top 5 pre-season or what, but I can't think of another recruit with offers like this that fans don't seem to give a shit about.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
He's a three star that had offers from Utah and Minnesota. What's there to give a shit about?

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Pandemic is a big part of the lack of talk. No football games to feed the rumors of who’s on campus visiting. Summer AAU circuit had far less press than usual or was flat out nonexistent.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Both him and Devries had incredible summers. They would move way up the rankings if more people had saw them play. Devries got bumped to 4* after the Florida offer. Sandfort wasn’t at that event.

i think Sandfort is going to be really good. He makes huge shot after huge shot and he reminds me of CJ in terms of mental makeup.

fwiw I think Devries will be good too, but Sandfort is gonna be 6-8. Devries doesn’t quite come across as the alpha that Sandfort does.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Both him and Devries had incredible summers. They would move way up the rankings if more people had saw them play. Devries got bumped to 4* after the Florida offer. Sandfort wasn’t at that event.

i think Sandfort is going to be really good. He makes huge shot after huge shot and he reminds me of CJ in terms of mental makeup.

fwiw I think Devries will be good too, but Sandfort is gonna be 6-8. Devries doesn’t quite come across as the alpha that Sandfort does.
In a normal recruiting year, might they have waited on more offers for an opportunity to play together? Other than drake of course.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Sandfort gives me an Oglesby vibe.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
his skillset and on-court attitude are not that of josh oglesby

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
he's stronger than uthoff was at that age -- which does not mean he'll be the same or better, just that uthoff was a bean pole and really needed that redshirt year, and the transfer year.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Looks like a good shooter with size, that's nice.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Actually I think they’re going to hold it for a transfer.
A ready to go big -- going to be like free agency this Spring. If Iowa goes deep in March, will likely be easy to find a Garza replacement (not saying someone with the same talent level).

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Payton has been their guy. They told him that they were gonna offer Devries if he waited much longer though.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Sort of weird, but I guess that we can at least talk about the 2021-2022 roster....

Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Wieskamp / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Patrick / Murray
Nunge / Ogundele

Wieskamp leaves.....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Patrick / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Murray
Nunge / Ogundele

They for sure need an experienced big guy looking at those rosters. Ideal scenario is you get that and Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
GradTransfer / Nunge / Ogundele

They won't be as good as this year, but if things go right that is a damn good and likely Top 25 level team, especially if development is good.

douglasbader

Reaction score
I had never seen highlights of Tucker DeVries before.

Holy shit that kid is a fucking douchebag. He has a nice shot, but he is completely ball dominant. I'm guessing the schools offering him are hoping he is athletic enough and improves his dribble enough to play PG.

thrawn

Reaction score

Holy shit that kid is a fucking douchebag. He has a nice shot, but he is completely ball dominant. I'm guessing the schools offering him are hoping he is athletic enough and improves his dribble enough to play PG.
he‘s going to Iowa State

CleteyColgate

is a fucking idiot.
Reaction score
Sort of weird, but I guess that we can at least talk about the 2021-2022 roster....

Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Nunge / Ogundele

Wieskamp leaves.....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Patrick / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Murray
Nunge / Ogundele

They for sure need an experienced big guy looking at those rosters. Ideal scenario is you get that and Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
GradTransfer / Nunge / Ogundele

They won't be as good as this year, but if things go right that is a damn good and likely Top 25 level team, especially if development is good.
Unless Nunge makes an exponential leap, the team will NEED an experienced big

Last edited:

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I had huge hopes for Nunge last year and he ended up soft as shit. Hope he’s been doing legit workouts. Has a lot of upside in theory but last year was disappointing as hell even in a small sample.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score

no, he’s a bad PG

douglasbader

Reaction score
I had huge hopes for Nunge last year and he ended up soft as shit. Hope he’s been doing legit workouts. Has a lot of upside in theory but last year was disappointing as hell even in a small sample.
Oh come the fuck on. This at best is the most unfair of takes. He played 4 games. The first game was a throw away where it was a huge blowout. The second game was against Depaul where everyone looked terrible.

The next 2 games he looked pretty damn good. 14 and 10 in the first game and 11 and 7 in the second.

The next game he tore his ACL.