2021 Basketball Recruiting

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
fran's been watching both waukee kids for a while. sandfort was the one he wanted.

devries clips remind me of richard keene. douchey. needs the ball. jacks threes. a useable weapon, sure. but iowa is fine at the 2 for a while.

Last edited:

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Devries isn’t douchey. Really good kid. So is Sandfort but some people are gonna think he’s a douche too because some JBo/CJ/Connor edge to him.

Devries game reminds me a bit of haluska but way less athletic. He’s a good shooter with range, and a slasher, but can’t really dribble especially with his left and isn’t particularly strong with the ball.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Devries isn’t douchey. Really good kid. So is Sandfort but some people are gonna think he’s a douche too because some JBo/CJ/Connor edge to him.

Devries game reminds me a bit of haluska but way less athletic. He’s a good shooter with range, and a slasher, but can’t really dribble especially with his left and isn’t particularly strong with the ball.
He plays like a fucking douche. Screaming and pounding his chest after every shot. I'm sure he is a good kid, but on the court wise he plays like a douche.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Sort of weird, but I guess that we can at least talk about the 2021-2022 roster....

Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Wieskamp / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Patrick / Murray
Nunge / Ogundele

Wieskamp leaves.....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Patrick / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Murray
Nunge / Ogundele

They for sure need an experienced big guy looking at those rosters. Ideal scenario is you get that and Wieskamp comes back....

Toussaint / Ulis
Fredrick / Perkins
Wieskamp / Sandfort / Murray
Connor / Patrick / Murray
GradTransfer / Nunge / Ogundele

They won't be as good as this year, but if things go right that is a damn good and likely Top 25 level team, especially if development is good.
where's Wieskamp going to go?

Reaction score

Always thought Darian was the best athlete of all the brothers.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Younger brother? Looks like a back up to Patrick in a few years.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Kakert says he’s a “Div 1 recruit” who Iowa would be in the conversation if offered. That doesn’t sound like a top 50 recruit.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Kakert says he’s a “Div 1 recruit” who Iowa would be in the conversation if offered. That doesn’t sound like a top 50 recruit.
For fuck's sake Jim, I didn't make it up. Kakert is a moron.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
For fuck's sake Jim, I didn't make it up. Kakert is a moron.
I'm the last to white knight Kakert, but....

Kakert has said Pryce was a major prospect on his podcast, not just some "d1" athlete. So that's misinformation. Secondly said that the younger was an ISU fan on one of his podcasts whereas Peyton had been a Hawk fan over the years.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Fucking boys are a foot taller than their parents.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
I'm the last to white knight Kakert, but....

Kakert has said Pryce was a major prospect on his podcast, not just some "d1" athlete. So that's misinformation. Secondly said that the younger was an ISU fan on one of his podcasts whereas Peyton had been a Hawk fan over the years.
I was quoting him from today in a post inquiring about the brother from the above photo. If you want to listen to a kakert podcast for more information, well, it’s your time.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I was quoting him from today in a post inquiring about the brother from the above photo. If you want to listen to a kakert podcast for more information, well, it’s your time.
Prefer listening to a podcast once a week and never visiting his site.

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Fair enough.
Regardless, similar to the McCaffery bros, playing alongside his brother will likely be a strong lure to get Pryce to join the Hawks. If he is really as good as advertised, this may be the best extended run Iowa Basketball has ever had.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Was those white boys not taught which foot to use on a fucking layup? There were 3 in there - major pet peeve.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Nothing about that video gave me an erection.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
LOL, love you Creed but you're probably the guy that says you always need a two handed chest pass. Learning to shoot off both feet throws off a shot blockers timing. Not saying he needs it against Ankeny but it good to start adding that to your game early.
No. This is just fucking wrong.
EC7E327D-DFF7-4317-BAC5-0DD7AA2D3D19.png