2022 Football Recruiting

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are going after Bo Nix, but Ladell Betts started following ex-Auburn and current Auburn Radio Network and CBS QB analyst Jason Campbell the same day he enters the portal....

Betts and Campbell were also teammates in DC so there's already a connection. Regardless of whether or not they get him, it's cool that it seems they are trying to do something here -- would be great if Betts turned his connections into something meaningful.

HawkLax6

Thinks the 2 Deeps Matter
Reaction score
I'm not saying they are going after Bo Nix, but Ladell Betts started following ex-Auburn and current Auburn Radio Network and CBS QB analyst Jason Campbell the same day he enters the portal....

I saw a tweet earlier today that he entered the portal with a "don't contact" tag which usually means he knows where he is going. My guess would be UCF with Gus Malzahn who recruited him to Auburn (and they have a QB opening with their guy transferring).

Who knows in this world though.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This class will continue to be a majority of guys who either grew up Iowa fans or Iowa is their only decent offer.
Iowa has 4 guys committed who grew up Iowa fans, 2 guys who have Iowa as their only decent offer, and 2 who would be considered recruiting wins (Bostick and Crawford). Nothing I said was inaccurate.

It's perfectly fine to rip on iowa's shitty recruiting class, unless you're firmly in the camp of "have to focus on Indiana, can't look ahead to next week's game" fandom.
Outside of Iowa having another 2015*** type season, I can't imagine a scenario where that isn't the case. 5 star kids want national contending programs, simple as that. I assume Iowa coaches likely know where they stand also and will be fine.
Lol.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Next you should take off a month from work to find all of your gems. Besides the ones you didn't have the ballz to leave up

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Shocking, we told you back in June/July you were being a fucking hysterical moron about high school recruiting and it magically came true by the time December came around that you were in fact an overreactive crybaby.

Now Iowa is about to sign a really good class that includes a 5* and multiple other 4* and top 250 players and you are lashing out at us instead of making fun of your mistake.

I love it.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
Lol

Iowa has 4 guys committed who grew up Iowa fans, 2 guys who have Iowa as their only decent offer, and 2 who would be considered recruiting wins (Bostick and Crawford). Nothing I said was inaccurate.

It's perfectly fine to rip on iowa's shitty recruiting class, unless you're firmly in the camp of "have to focus on Indiana, can't look ahead to next week's game" fandom.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Shocking, we told you back in June/July you were being a fucking hysterical moron about high school recruiting and it magically came true by the time December came around that you were in fact an overreactive crybaby.

Now Iowa is about to sign a really good class that includes a 5* and multiple other 4* and top 250 players and you are lashing out at us instead of making fun of your mistake.

I love it.
Lashing out? Sure thing popcorn boy. Maybe Xavier got spooked from OSU with your and Lee Corso's Ryan Day to Bears speculation

Reaction score
Good Athletic article on A-aron Graves who, to the extent he was not already a favorite, jumped to near the top of the list with this quote:

“Iowa State showed interest right off the bat,” Southeast Valley High School coach Mike Swieter said. “His exact words were, ‘Why do you have them here? I want to play for Iowa.’ That’s before he was ever offered. That’s who he wanted to play for.

Reaction score
Good Athletic article on A-aron Graves who, to the extent he was not already a favorite, jumped to near the top of the list with this quote:
This part was pretty good too.

A month after his freshman year of high school, Graves attended an Iowa football camp and put on a display against older players so impressive defensive line coach Kelvin Bell told Graves’ father a scholarship offer was on its way. Two days later, as Graves taught swimming lessons, Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz called Graves’ father, Mark, who then pulled up to the Gowrie swimming pool and had his son leave the water for a few minutes.

Graves took the phone and Ferentz offered him a scholarship. What’s next is as insightful as it is impressive.

“I literally said, ‘How do I commit?’” Graves said. “Those were the exact words because I didn’t know like if I had to say something official to make my commitment. He’s like, ‘You just have to say you’re going to be an Iowa Hawkeye.’ Then I said, ‘I’m going to be an Iowa Hawkeye.’ And that was it right there. It was kind of a no-brainer. That was the only one I really wanted. So once I got it, it was like the recruitment’s closed.”

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

Was waiting for the near-drowning story.

Reactions: Jim

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

His dad is a good guy. From Sanborn in northwest Iowa and had some connections to Twait and coached at Iowa Central. He was a head coach in high school and then took the backseat at Southeast valley as an assistant, which paid off this year.

kmurp

Can't get Jak out
Reaction score
I see he’s listed at DE. I wonder if he will be moved inside.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score
I'm hoping we can see this guy, Craig and Ethan Hurkett starting/in the rotation next year. Hurkett's injury really sucked this year - I think he would've been getting more minutes later in the season. Also I want to see Phil Parker's Logan Jones/Mitch King comparisons come to fruition.

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This team needs pass rushing talent at DE in the worst way right now. I HOPE he stays outside. Seems like the talent inside is pretty deep at this point
Agreed. Seems like having a star DE makes a bigger difference than a star DT although both would be nice.

In fact, I hope they move Van Ness back out to DE. Him and Graves would be great there. They already have Logan Jones, Lee, Black, and Pittman inside.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Agreed. Seems like having a star DE makes a bigger difference than a star DT although both would be nice.

In fact, I hope they move Van Ness back out to DE. Him and Graves would be great there. They already have Logan Jones, Lee, Black, and Pittman inside.
There is a reason that after quarterback, that disruptive pass rushers are the most sought after commodity in the NFL