2022 Football Recruiting

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
As a Packers reporter, I was fooled by Rachel. She’s pretty and takes a great profile pic but check out the bottom right.

Sorry, I have no football knowledge/opinions/predictions to share. Just talking dump trucks.
phat ass might be worth it

only one way to find out....

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They’ve had 3 receivers enter the portal, 2 (if you count pooper) graduate and they replaced them with 1 receiver. Of course Jones could come back.

They must be high on Brecht and Vines.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
They’ve had 3 receivers enter the portal, 2 (if you count pooper) graduate and they replaced them with 1 receiver. Of course Jones could come back.

I sort of assumed Jones coming back is one of the reasons some of the WRs have left.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score

And Ritter, but I agree a couple more bodies would be nice

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Fucking hell. We spent four fucking games with that kid as a starting WR. Unreal
couldnt start the freshmen, it takes months to understand the complexities of czeching into your hotel room on a road game and learning the intricacies of Iowas high octane offense.

wondergrape

Has Bad Hair
Reaction score
I was going to rank them, but I completely forgot which method to which I swore a blood oath.

Reaction score
Black Panther / Talladega Nights as co-favorite movies seem irreonciliable. Positively Jungian like the Peace Sign/Born to Kill helmet in Full Metal Jacket.

thrawn

Reaction score
Black Panther / Talladega Nights as co-favorite movies seem irreonciliable. Positively Jungian like the Peace Sign/Born to Kill helmet in Full Metal Jacket.

one parent is white, one parent is black, and he went to a part rural part suburban high

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I see tweets complimenting the recruiting sites for ‘killing it’ today.

What exactly are they doing other than retweeting the Hawkeye Football account and posting old articles about each player?

BuffettHawk

Useless
Reaction score
I see tweets complimenting the recruiting sites for ‘killing it’ today.

What exactly are they doing other than retweeting the Hawkeye Football account and posting old articles about each player?
On a related note, I've seen the same photo of Tyler Barnes's tennis shoes in my Twitter feed about 15 times today.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
Schools paying players has always been happening it's just "legal" now.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
This was always going to be the eventual outcome of NIL money.
I get someone getting $50k from the local dealership or whatever, but who in the fuck predicted this would be the eventual outcome of NIL money?

People predicted that the #1 recruit in the country would be bought by an outside gambling operation and directed to go to a FCS school?

No.

Geese

LOVES Chris Williams
Reaction score
I get someone getting $50k from the local dealership or whatever, but who in the fuck predicted this would be the eventual outcome of NIL money?

People predicted that the #1 recruit in the country would be bought by an outside gambling operation and directed to go to a FCS school?

No.
I think Shawnee did

Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking the NIL madness doesn't hurt Iowa as much as the shadier big time programs? We typically are not a player for recruits like this. X is our highest in about 20 years and only because he's local and also is sensible about NIL stuff.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Am I crazy for thinking the NIL madness doesn't hurt Iowa as much as the shadier big time programs? We typically are not a player for recruits like this. X is our highest in about 20 years and only because he's local and also is sensible about NIL stuff.
Not crazy at all. Iowa has stability and 90% of their classes will be 3* and maybe some lower rated 4* guys that won't be the target of this NIL money.

Clemson, Florida State, Miami, most of the SEC, Ohio State and more are the ones who need to worry about it the most. They are susceptible to having to deal with the highly rated guys who will be having $$$$ thrown at them and don't have much of a loyalty compass when choosing who to sign with. They will also be the first to bail and do it all again somewhere else like the QB that was at Ohio State and committed to Texas earlier this week did.