***2024-2025 Iowa Men’s Basketball Season Thread***

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Jess Settles thinks Sandfort's performance at the Combine was disappointing.

Jim Tebow

Proud Supporter of Bluder's Bunch
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay everyone. new minutes per game numbers are now available. the analytics take into account the new transfer commit and Fart's humiliating showing at the nba draft combine and extrapolates he'll therefore cum back to the hawks. Also the models have been updated to account for Freeman's inability to not foul, decreasing his mpg by 2 as a result. the computer is high on Traore, and has cooled on Koch even allowing for the fact the situation at both forward positions has changed dramatically since the last computation.

Pg: Thellwell - 20 mpg; Harding - 17 mpg; Dix 2 mpg; walkons - Cater 3 mpg
Sg: Dix - 28 mpg; Thellwell 6 mpg; lil Fart - 4 mpg; Hutchison - 3 mpg
Sf: Big Fart - 31 mpg; Lil Fart - 9 mpg; Tadjo - 6 mpg; Koch - 3 mpg Laketa - 2.8 mpg.
Pf: Traore - 20 mpg; Tadjo 6 mpg; Ladji - 4 mpg; Koch - 3 mpg, Kingsbury - 4 mpg
Center: Freeman - 27 mpg; Ladji - 15 mpg; Brauns - 5 mpg; Mulva - DNP.

kenos

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Apologies for the delay everyone. new minutes per game numbers are now available. the analytics take into account the new transfer commit and Fart's humiliating showing at the nba draft combine and extrapolates he'll therefore cum back to the hawks. Also the models have been updated to account for Freeman's inability to not foul, decreasing his mpg by 2 as a result. the computer is high on Traore, and has cooled on Koch even allowing for the fact the situation at both forward positions has changed dramatically since the last computation.

Pg: Thellwell - 20 mpg; Harding - 17 mpg; Dix 2 mpg; walkons - Cater 3 mpg
Sg: Dix - 28 mpg; Thellwell 6 mpg; lil Fart - 4 mpg; Hutchison - 3 mpg
Sf: Big Fart - 31 mpg; Lil Fart - 9 mpg; Tadjo - 6 mpg; Koch - 3 mpg Laketa - 2.8 mpg.
Pf: Traore - 20 mpg; Tadjo 6 mpg; Ladji - 4 mpg; Koch - 3 mpg, Kingsbury - 4 mpg
Center: Freeman - 27 mpg; Ladji - 15 mpg; Brauns - 5 mpg; Mulva - DNP.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
I’ll add that he said he thought he was “Young Halo” on that Jake Paul thread and his admission here proves that he is not.
Nearly twice his age then? I guess I have no idea how old he is. 22? What’s the Young HaLo cutoff? I am 6’0 and grabbed the rim on a regular hoop a few weeks ago, so I’ll let you guys do the math and get back to me. I am unsure what my wingspan is. I was more concerned that I was going to blow my Achilles on the way down.

Reaction score
If Sandfort is back, I like the makeup of this team more than many of the recent groups. Athleticism and strength inside. A couple actual PGs with some shooters that have length.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
If Sandfort is back, I like the makeup of this team more than many of the recent groups. Athleticism and strength inside. A couple actual PGs with some shooters that have length.
Are you referring to recent groups with names like Garza and Murray?

Reaction score
Are you referring to recent groups with names like Garza and Murray?
More like Rebraca, Pat and Krikke or Connor having to guard the 4. So basically two years and phrased wrong by me.

Freeman, Traore, Ladji, Tadjo looks to be more athletic and stronger than almost all Fran teams. Dix is a good defender. Thelwell looks good to me. I like Harding a lot, especially if he’s the 2nd PG. If we have both Sandfort’s and Koch I think it’s one of the most balanced rosters he’s had. Other teams had more offensive upside but I’d rather have increased size and athleticism and trust Fran to figure out the offense.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
1/3 of the scholarship players are black next season. That's progress for Fran

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score

Does he do a MJ style “I’m Back” announcement in the Dallas County News?

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
More airballs than made buckets. Let's bring him back and give him some money.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I was previously of the opinion that coming back wouldn’t do much for him, but that was a brutal combine. The best thing for him right now would be to go through a full Big Ten season shooting over 40% on high volume, and also start taking HGH in an attempt to overcome his genetics.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I was previously of the opinion that coming back wouldn’t do much for him, but that was a brutal combine. The best thing for him right now would be to go through a full Big Ten season shooting over 40% on high volume, and also start taking HGH in an attempt to overcome his genetics.
Lots of calf raises

Jim Tebow

Proud Supporter of Bluder's Bunch
Reaction score
I'm liking the team. But any injury to thelwell or harding is going to leave us in a world of hurt. Surely there's a Bakari Evelyn-esque ball handler out there willing to bask in the prestige of being an athlete at one of the biggest party schools in the upper midwest, despite getting spot minutes.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
So Sandfort will not be on an NBA roster next season. Got it.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
with another year with the incredible strength training program Iowa BB has, I see his vertical exploding to 23 inches next year.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Sandfort gonna wait til 11:59 to announce if he's coming back or not.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
What the hell does fix the deadline mean? Is it too hard to understand? Should we be soliciting NIL gifts to help with the decisionmaking?

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score

@Verbal I believe it relates to the post-combine workouts for 2nd round players looking for a guarantee. I think he feels the decision is rushed, given that he has still been working out for teams this week and the draft isn't for another month. However, compared to the NFL draft, the NBA draft gives players plenty of time.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score

@Verbal I believe it relates to the post-combine workouts for 2nd round players looking for a guarantee. I think he feels the decision is rushed, given that he has still been working out for teams this week and the draft isn't for another month. However, compared to the NFL draft, the NBA draft gives players plenty of time.
Man, put their teams in preseason NCAA Tournament discussions. They must be super important basketball players.