***2024-2025 Iowa Men’s Basketball Season Thread***

26.2

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Messages
18,366
Reaction score
5,955
Not sure. Hasn’t been to a game this year that I’ve gone to but have sat by him for years.
Bragging about sitting next to Hawkeye Elvis may be one of the worst Starfucks I have ever seen on here.
 

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
34,663
Reaction score
2,770
It's been said before, but 8 pm games on Sunday/Tuesday/Friday nights really are as much to blame for the decline in fan interest as the stagnant product. The old reliable Wednesday/Saturday rotation was the sweet spot.
 

bihtime

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
531
Reaction score
121
Not sure. Hasn’t been to a game this year that I’ve gone to but have sat by him for years.
I did see him driving his black Corvette convertible in Santa Monica when I was there in November.
 

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Joined
Oct 17, 2011
Messages
8,947
Reaction score
-4,699
I know nothing about him. Just kind of unique to have season tickets next to a guy that dresses like Elvis. Maybe it’s just me.
 

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Joined
Sep 21, 2009
Messages
45,866
Reaction score
3,109
Walk up to window. Buy a cheap ticket then sit wherever the fuck you want.
 

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
74,290
Reaction score
17,813
It's been said before, but 8 pm games on Sunday/Tuesday/Friday nights really are as much to blame for the decline in fan interest as the stagnant product. The old reliable Wednesday/Saturday rotation was the sweet spot.
It's both of course. If Iowa was a top 10 team people would come - but inconvenient game times for a mediocre team are a double whammy.
 

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Joined
Aug 24, 2007
Messages
87,133
Reaction score
1,553
I usually offer some random young boy candy to walk with me to the counter so I can save by buying a youth ticket.
 

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Joined
Oct 16, 2017
Messages
29,363
Reaction score
30,288
Basketball games are also great with kids, but 8 pm starts are a non-starter until they are about 10-12 years old, which is about when they start having their own activities. So the games I do go to, I have to plan a week ahead.
 

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Joined
May 1, 2016
Messages
49,588
Reaction score
35,017
It's both of course. If Iowa was a top 10 team people would come - but inconvenient game times for a mediocre team are a double whammy.
we played #2 purdue at home at 1\ on a saturday last year and that wasn't even close to a sell-out
 

Hawk_Kegmasters

saw Spice World in the theater
Joined
Aug 26, 2007
Messages
27,290
Reaction score
-4,257
I would take my kids if I had free tickets and it was the rare occurrence that none of them had activities. Haven’t been to Carver in 5 years.
 
Last edited:

26.2

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Messages
18,366
Reaction score
5,955
I would take my kids if I had free tickets and it was the rare occurrence that none of them had activities. Haven’t been to Carver in 5 years.
I live on the coast and make it to Carver at least once a year
 

snips

Might Need to GFH
Joined
Jan 13, 2022
Messages
3,257
Reaction score
3,981
ol fran acting surprisingly UN-PISSED OFF during this recent slide...
at like an 8 or so this whole time


1737548888014.png
 

JamesMouton

Probably Needs to GFH
Joined
Mar 19, 2010
Messages
232
Reaction score
344
Only 15 of the 18 I am a giant douche teams make the conf tournament this year. Currently there are only 3 teams behind Iowa in I am a giant douche Standings (Lil Debbie, Minny and Warshington).

KenPom currently predicts Iowa to finish 7-13, tied with Rutgers for 3rd to last in conf. Forget the Big Dance, we are on the I am a giant douche Tournament Bubble!
 

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Joined
Jan 11, 2012
Messages
20,111
Reaction score
7,484
I hope we don’t make it and Fran is fired the day after we are eliminated. It’s time for some new energy in this moribund low ceiling program.
Fran isn’t putting butts in the seats. I don’t think there is anything he can do at this point to keep his job at the end of the year.
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,946
Fran isn’t putting butts in the seats. I don’t think there is anything he can do at this point to keep his job at the end of the year.
BTT run, which he did once and followed it up by getting bounced by Richmond in the first round
 

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Joined
Sep 29, 2014
Messages
12,084
Reaction score
3,149
Fran isn’t putting butts in the seats. I don’t think there is anything he can do at this point to keep his job at the end of the year.
He could win every game the rest of the season. That would probably do it
 

26.2

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Joined
Aug 2, 2017
Messages
18,366
Reaction score
5,955
BTT run, which he did once and followed it up by getting bounced by Richmond in the first round
That Richmond game was the first and only game that made me shit and piss and vomit on my self all at the same time.
 

HerkyHopeful

Member
Joined
May 27, 2014
Messages
14,074
Reaction score
6,946
That Richmond game was the first and only game that made me shit and piss and vomit on my self all at the same time.
Keegan kind of hurt his ankle and then did nothing the rest of the game. No one else wanted to do anything. Classic Fran tournament game
 

Lee Beevers

5'9" But Claims To Be Taller
Joined
Jan 25, 2013
Messages
9,398
Reaction score
15,931
Keegan kind of hurt his ankle and then did nothing the rest of the game. No one else wanted to do anything. Classic Fran tournament game
I will not DMOFR but I believe Patrick Mccaffery actually had a pretty big game against Richmond. Fitting that he plays well in a game which shattered the soul of most Iowa fans.
 

WestMifflin

Traitorous Wisconsinite
Joined
Feb 28, 2011
Messages
3,772
Reaction score
3,851
I will not DMOFR but I believe Patrick Mccaffery actually had a pretty big game against Richmond. Fitting that he plays well in a game which shattered the soul of most Iowa fans.
Keegan had 21, Patrick had 18, and no one else scored more than 6.

Box score. Connor took 2 shots in 23 minutes lol.
 

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Joined
Apr 10, 2010
Messages
28,014
Reaction score
10,777
Keegan had 21, Patrick had 18, and no one else scored more than 6.

Box score. Connor took 2 shots in 23 minutes lol.
Patrick hit a 3 to put Iowa up 9ish early in the second half. At that point I figured Iowa would run away with it. I think it was tied 90 seconds later.
 
Top