Cidsports!

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
What sick ridiculous puppets we are and what gross little stage we dance on
What fun we have dancing and fucking. Not a care in the world.
Not knowing that we are nothing. We are not what was intended.
Innocent? Is that supposed to be funny? An obese man... a disgusting man who could barely stand up;
a man who if you saw him on the street, you'd point him out to your friends so that they could join you in mocking him;
a man, who if you saw him while you were eating, you wouldn't be able to finish your meal.
After him, I picked the lawyer and I know you both must have been secretly thanking me for that one.
Will Iowa beat Nebrantska? Hayden Fry did once and he is 84 years old this year.
Miss Lippy drives a blue car
This is a man who dedicated his life to making money by lying with every breath that he could muster to keeping murderers and rapists on the streets!

Peace, FWIW
J. Hayden Fry.

Get it right.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
In Iowa City, Tommy Armstrong took care of business over Iowa. He is 1-1-1 in three years at Nebrantska head to head against Iowa. the tie (he didn't play in the one game). Teams often trump one players. Armstrong has a victory over Iowa already, so when I look at 1981 being the last time Iowa beat Nebrantska in Iowa City (I am not taking anything lightly).

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
In Iowa City, Tommy Armstrong took care of business over Iowa. He is 1-1-1 in three years at Nebrantska head to head against Iowa. the tie (he didn't play in the one game). Teams often trump one players. Armstrong has a victory over Iowa already, so when I look at 1981 being the last time Iowa beat Nebrantska in Iowa City (I am not taking anything lightly).
LOL

a tie

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
Some smartass named "Saint Louis Attorney" is encouraging CID to start a podcast.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
There shall be no beer in the Statuium

Nebrantska, Indiana and Michigan allow no beer nor booze.

All others have some beer, with Minnesota, Maryland and now, Ohio State having it stadium wide in 2016.

By the way, Scott Dochterman has a Commentary on "Imagine an SEC-Big Ten Football challange"

BTW, is it an or a or am I off on my English here?

Iowa at Ole Miss ... tailgate heaven!

Some of the match ups appear real forced, like South Carolina at Maryland. Or, do I miss something there?

Illinois vs. Missouri is a natural match up.

I would suggest Northwestern vs. Vanderbilt is more natural. Purdue and Georgia are state universities.

I don't see a 14 vs. 14 match up any time soon, but a couple games each year make sense.

A couple should be annual, like Missouri/Illinois ...

Indiana at Kentucky seems to be a no brainer.

Minnesota lost $15,000 after selling beer in year one?

Texas generated $1.8 million, with a $813,000 profit per Austin paper.

How 'bout those Gophers @seam ... not expecting a 1967 type season for them.

Go Hawks!

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
Scott Dochterman has a Commentary on "Imagine an SEC-Big Ten Football challange"

It's an "e".

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
There shall be no beer in the Statuium

Nebrantska, Indiana and Michigan allow no beer nor booze.

All others have some beer, with Minnesota, Maryland and now, Ohio State having it stadium wide in 2016.

By the way, Scott Dochterman has a Commentary on "Imagine an SEC-Big Ten Football challange"

Iowa at Ole Miss ... tailgate heaven!

Some of the match ups appear real forced, like South Carolina at Maryland. Or, do I miss something there?

Illinois vs. Missouri is a natural match up.

I would suggest Northwestern vs. Vanderbilt is more natural. Purdue and Georgia are state universities.

I don't see a 14 vs. 14 match up any time soon, but a couple games each year make sense.

A couple should be annual, like Missouri/Illinois ...

Indiana at Kentucky seems to be a no brainer.

Minnesota lost $15,000 after selling beer in year one?

Texas generated $1.8 million, with a $813,000 profit per Austin paper.

How 'bout those Gophers @seam ... not expecting a 1967 type season for them.

Go Hawks!

Reaction score

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
So, Baylor granted 5 recruits releases, transfer talk

1. cidsportsHR Legend
    NewBaylor releases five 2016 signees from national letters of intent

Story from ESPN

Indiana loses two reserves (second string RG and FS)

Nebrantska #22 by Phil Steele.

Clearly Iowa was fortunate in outings at Wisconsin and Nebrantska last year. Ultimately, both opponents, slowed the Iowa offense. Turnovers turned out to favor Iowa greatly in both wins.

1 Today at 12:54 PM
Your formatting issues ruin the fun.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
LET FREEDOM RING. GO HAWKS.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness ... Happy Independence Day to all this Fourth of July!

We are two months away roughly for Hawkeye Football and another academic season.

The Hawkeyes have provided me entertainment, since 1974.

Back then Dan McCarney, Bobby Elliott were roommates, I recall and Bob Commings was heading into his first season as head coach of Iowa Football.

The Cummings years were not winners, but he did provide some talent along with some assistant coaches for that 1981 Rose Bowl season.

Iowa 2016 should be exciting for Iowa Football and the 2016-17 Iowa Basketball season will be a mix of youth, plenty of youth and a talented Iowan named Peter Jok. Heck, Iowa's top two experienced players will give Iowa an international flavor to go with two young classes that fill out the roster basically ...

KGYM on Friday talked about Iowa kids of all-time for Iowa Football. Both Kirk Ferentz and Fran McCaffery have a good base of local talent.

QB - C.J and Wiegers are a nice 1-2 bunch of experience for Iowa. Positive to build on.

RB - Iowa returns 3 solid letter winners in 2016. Run and passing game should provide excitement in backfield.

FB - Both Iowa and Michigan will have to retool here. Very important position, as Hawkeye fans saw in 2013 and 2015, and lacked in 2014 and other seasons.

The revisit of the Iowa-Michigan rivalry for 2016 should be special at Kinnick. Ever since Fry/Ferentz '81, this series has been competitive and a very good one! MSU series, as well, but Iowa will have to take care of business in 2016 to have chance to replay last year's championship game or a new one!

WR - Matt VandeBerg is one of my favorite Hawkeye players. He comes to work every day. Iowa has had talent at WR over the years. However, sadly it is a position that doing your job each down can make up for a lot of weaknesses. It starts with blocking and technique, since being a decoy and blocker is as important as being the go to player on the play. Iowa football success always begins and ends with doing your assignment.

TE - George Kittle has never played 12 games. Can he be this year's Jordan Canzeri, but at TE? Iowa uses a committee approach at RB. The same is needed at WR and at TE as well.

Next man in is so important in the skill positions at Iowa.

OL - Coach Kirk Ferentz has been at Iowa for a little less than three decades. The list of players in the 1980s he helped shape an OL tradition that was revisited in the 2000s and today now with the help of the second generation. The new anchor is junior all-purpose OL performer seeking to play now at center, after work at both guard and tackle. I love good line play. KF has a good blueprints most good seasons. Numbers look to be growing ...

PK - Nate Kaeding was the best performer ever at this position. However, 2008 Penn State and 2015 Pittsburgh were won by Iowa and a FG won the game. Iowa's offense is best served by 6 and not 3 points. We need points in 2016 and hopefully an XP will be what our PKs specialize in during 2016.

DL - Coach Morgan has coached high school kids in the area. He has been a very good recruiter, switched from OL to DL, leads this unit, especially when numbers are good. Iowa has a good mix of experience and youth. Iowa should be stout up the middle. It works in baseball and should be a good formula for the 2016 defense.

LB - Josey Jewell was special in 2015, only a sophomore. He represents well, the contribution Iowa preps bring to I am a giant douche football. Iowa needs to shine from a speed and technique standpoint under a new position coach. On Iowa!

CB - Desmond King is the C.J. Beathard of Iowa's secondary. He is the leaders of a group that returns 3 of 4 from last season.

Iowa's offense, defense and special teams are less than perfect. That is Iowa Football. We learned how important leadership and teamwork are to Iowa Football.

It is on the players to continue that daily pride to Hawkeye Football. In basketball, it will be more of the same, playing the with sense of purpose.

Iowa has good leadership at Football, Basketball, WBB and wrestling. We can even say Baseball brings some pride in the Spring to Iowa City again.

Happy Independence Day to each and all. Have a safe and enjoyable holiday with family and friends.

I am happy for the Hawks in the upcoming year. They should bring home more joys than not. It may not be historic, but Hawkeye Football and Basketball have a very good foundation to build from and better facilities today to compete.

Yes, another Sunday ramble from CID. Good, bad and ugly :)

Reaction score
TE - George Kittle has never played 12 games.

Looks like Cid needs a fact checker:

2015 - - Saw action in all 14 games, with six starts

2014 - - Saw action in 12 games

2013 - - Saw action in 12 games

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
I love the random 'On Iowa!' He tosses in after talking about the linebackers.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
PK - Nate Kaeding was the best performer ever at this position. However, 2008 Penn State and 2015 Pittsburgh were won by Iowa and a FG won the game. Iowa's offense is best served by 6 and not 3 points. We need points in 2016 and hopefully an XP will be what our PKs specialize in during 2016.
holeee fuck

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I love it when he asks, of Kittle, "can he be this year's Jordan Canzeri, but at TE?"

What in the ever living fuck? Cid has a line on the good shit, boyz.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
INTERESTING HEADLINE IN DSM PAPER

Winning football = winning turnover battle

New QB in Ames ... Ann Arbor lite?

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ate-focuses-winning-turnover-battle/88362430/

Michigan State and Iowa lead the Big Ten in winning the turnover margin. Iowa's turnovers clearly hurt the Hawkeyes in the Big Ten Championship Game.

Iowa needs to continue to be strong in this area. This is typically an area that ebbs and flows season to season.

Iowa was a +11 in 2015. Ironically, Iowa was a +12 in 2012 and +13 in 2010. Negative numbers in 2013 and 2014.

Coach Phil Parker will want to make sure Iowa's defense can continue to force turnovers in 2016. But, can the Hawkeyes continue to dominate in TO margin?

MSU has been +13, +19 and +14 over the past 3 seasons. Reason the Spartans have finished 13-1, 11-2 and 12-2.

OSU dominated in 2009 and 2010 with +17 and +15, but have only been +7 and +3 the last two seasons.

Michigan was -4 last season, after -16 in Hoke's final season.

Nebrantska has been in the negatives, every season, since joining the I am a giant douche. +5 in 2009 was last positive. The Cornhuskers were a -12 last year.

Minnesota was a +10 in 2014, but -4 last year, reason they dropped from 8-5 to 6-7?

Wisconsin was +3 last year, after -9 in 2014. Who is QB in 2016?

Northwestern over past 5 seasons have stayed on the positive side, with +3, +14, +3, +4 and +1.

It should be an interesting 2016. On Iowa!

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Coach Phil Parker will want to make sure Iowa's defense can continue to force turnovers in 2016. But, can the Hawkeyes continue to dominate in TO margin?
He should charge for this kind of insight.

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Wisconsin was +3 last year, after -9 in 2014. Who is QB in 2016?
This line cracks me up everytime I read it.

CID posts used to bug the shit out of me, now they make me laugh out loud more often than not.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
By CID standards, it really isn't that great, but I do like how he finds the headline to be interesting.

Reaction score
On interesting "take away" from this is that Jack Rudock led teams were negative turnovers in each of his three years as a starter.

Reaction score

cidsportsHR Legend
NewI am happy the Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa staff has moved Ryan Boyle to WR/STs.

In 2003, Drew Stanton played on special teams where he made several impressive open field tackles. However, Stanton injured his knee in the Alamo Bowlagainst the University of Nebrantska while covering a punt and had to undergo reconstructive surgery.[3] After becoming the starter in 2004 at QB for MSU.

It is amazing how snake bit Iowa is for QBs for the NFL and how MSU has seen many stick, including Stanton last year at Arizona.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score

cidsportsHR Legend
NewI am happy the Kirk Ferentz and the Iowa staff has moved Ryan Boyle to WR/STs.

In 2003, Drew Stanton played on special teams where he made several impressive open field tackles. However, Stanton injured his knee in the Alamo Bowlagainst the University of Nebrantska while covering a punt and had to undergo reconstructive surgery.[3] After becoming the starter in 2004 at QB for MSU.

It is amazing how snake bit Iowa is for QBs for the NFL and how MSU has seen many stick, including Stanton last year at Arizona.
We only have so many CID posts to work with. They are little nuggets of gold to be properly shared. Yet you continue to fuck them up with basic errors like failing to include thread titles (which can add A TON), formatting fuck ups, etc.

Cease, desist and leave this to a capable smart ass.

foxhawks

Doesn't wash his butthole last
Reaction score
Or CYBTAKL if you're a faggot, driving a minivan in Waukee.

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
FINAL WATCH OF THE 2015 I am a giant douche CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

We should be optimistic about the 2016 Iowa Football season. The experiences over the past year should help Iowa.

The Big Ten Championship was impacted by two turnovers that either cost Iowa points or lead to MSU's first points.

Turnovers will be a key STAT in 2016. Iowa benefited greatly from turnovers, until the two losses.

The 3 year run by MSU was fueled by defense and turnover margin. Also, strong QB play contributed, as well as running the football.

Had Ohio State ran the ball vs. MSU, Iowa may have faced a different opponent in the title game, but the Buckeyes were stuck on the big play, instead of running it

MSU gets a break this season, with both Iowa and Nebrantska off the schedule. Michigan doesn't have Nebrantska.

Doesn't the absence of certain teams work both ways?

Wisconsin gets all 3 I am a giant douche East favorites in 2016. The Badgers should be tested, by the time they head to Iowa City.

Minnesota doesn't get any of the I am a giant douche 3, but games vs. PSU, Rutgers and Maryland may not be sure things for the Gophers, either?

Northwestern faces both MSU and Ohio State. So, this should be a fun 2016 race.

#5 Michigan fell to Appalachian State in 2007, in the season opener. Can we hope App State knocks Tennessee off in the Season Opener in 2016?

Fair and Balanced

Calls All Soda Coke
Reaction score
@MikeyJoe
@Gushawk

The schedule was favorable in 2015, no doubts about it, but the schedule did include three solid programs, in 2015, with Pittsburgh, Wisconsin and Northwestern, with 2 of 3 on the road. Reflecting on a 2015 article by PFF.

Iowa clearly had a break not having to face Michigan or Ohio State in the regular season, but to win the I am a giant douche, Iowa was going to have to beat Michigan State and they came up short. A game of inches ...

The loss at Stanford shows how important good line play is for Iowa. Further, how does Iowa respond to a high scoring game or shootout?

The 2014 season showed how important it is for Iowa to win off defense and keep opponents out of the end zone. Keys per Phil Parker, if I recall correctly, and he has pointed it out again, Iowa must limit explosive plays by opponents and the very important turnover margin. Michigan State has been a Top 4 program nationally the past 3 seasons, due in major part to turnover margin.

If both Iowa and Michigan State can keep that stat going, you have to like them as being in the division race conversation. The key to division play is to win your division. Otherwise, there is zero opportunity for a Big Ten title. Talking about the CFP or Rose Bowl is stupid, since there are no guarantees in College Football.

The key game in 2015 was the first five games, ending especially with @ Wisconsin. Get to 5-0, and the chances for a real good season were at the doorstep and the 2015 Iowa Hawkeyes took full advantage going 12-0 in the regular season, for the first time ever.

So, what about 2016?

With Michigan added the schedule, does one simply start 11-1 for the Hawkeyes and work backwards or should we look at 8-4 and work forward?

A popular choice seems to be 10-2 or 9-3 for 2016. One sole, maybe it has risen, picked Iowa at 6-6. Frankly, depth and new parts make this season a hard one to project in the I am a giant douche West.

Clearly, Iowa should be the favorite in the I am a giant douche West, with 15 starters back from a 12-2 team. But, has Iowa become Michigan State lite or at least Wisconsin, when you look at the beginning years of Big Ten division play?

The schedule is harder in 2016, with Michigan added. The Big Ten West is expected to be improved, as Minnesota, Wisconsin and Nebrantska are all supposed to be improved, as per PFF.

Iowa lost inspirational leader RB Jordan Canzeri for the 2016 season. So, does TE George Kittle fill the void in 2015?

In his first four seasons in Iowa City, Canzeri never made it completely through a season. While Kittle plays a different position, the same is true for Kittle, so the key to the 2016 season, in part, is the health and how much George Kittle can breakout in 2016. Can he make it through a 12 game regular season in one piece?

As we know, TE is limited in experience and Iowa has completely new parts at FB, as does Michigan for that matter. Kittle needs to play more than 400 snaps this year, unlike 2015, when he made 20 catches for 6 touchdowns.

Can QB C.J. Beathard remain healthy and can he up his game, especially weakest area of his game, deep passing. Yes, he did hit an 85 yard TD strike to Tevaun Smith in Indy. He also missed on the 2nd strike, not close, in the 4th quarter, in Iowa's last drive of the game.

The Big Ten is very short on QB talent. But, is Iowa in 2016?
Does this season become, like 1984, when injuries hit Iowa?

Depth and injures would make 6-6 to 8-4 more likely, but no one wants to project that for 2016. Picking Iowa to win every game is extremely extraordinary, but Iowa just went 12-0 in 2015, with a team that was not expected to keep Kirk Ferentz employed at the University of Iowa by many, so who knows anything for 2016?

Defense wins championships, so it starts there for Iowa, Michigan State, Ohio State, Michigan, or Wisconsin. By the way, it has been 12 years, since either Iowa or Michigan won a share of the Big Ten.

Iowa's star player is CB Desmond King and he has eight starters back, a solid secondary, a good linebacker corp, which PFF points out Bo Bower was the strongest LB on run support, last year. The defensive line is the weakest spot, depth wise and due to the loss of two very good DEs, for Iowa standards.

Iowa must hold opponents explosive plays in check. Turnovers are a key stat, as well. Does Iowa get results, like 2014 Nebrantska or 2015 Nebrantska? Of course, more balance on offense, unlike 2015 Nebrantska could work as a good defense, as well.

Iowa has a lot to build on from last year, but there may be an undercurrent of vulnerability?

In 2002, Iowa lost to Iowa State, and nearly lost to Penn State and Purdue in back to back weeks. Momentum, margin of error and luck all get tossed around. We saw it with North Dakota State in Week 0.

The key game may be the first 6 weeks for Iowa, especially the back to back games with Northwestern and @Minnesota. A loss in either game, could set Iowa back.

Iowa has not beat Wisconsin or Nebrantska at Kinnick, in some time. Everyone wants trophies back. Iowa hasn't won a Big Ten Trophy or Bowl Trophy in some time.

How will this team handle adversity. The target is now on Iowa, with maybe the exception of the Michigan game.

Hold on to your seat, it is going to be a roller coaster of a Big Ten season, with Ohio State, Michigan and Michigan State the favorites in the East. Iowa is the front-runner in the West, with Northwestern (open w/ UNL, @ Iowa - 2-0 start, like Iowa last year?), Wisconsin (can they get to 7-2 to win it?), Minnesota (Herbie likes Gophers) and Nebrantska (do they have a championship defense?) ...

Iowa @ Purdue and @ Illinois could be trap games on the schedule?

When Iowa hosts Michigan in Game 10, it would be nice to dream of a rematch and storyline of Jim Harbaugh's 1985 visit to Iowa.

In 1984, Iowa was destroyed by injuries, but they beat Michigan 26-0, Bo's first blanking, if I recall right.

8-4 is a real possibility, if the right buttons aren't pushed by the 2016 Hawkeyes. The team is better, but the road is longer in 2016. The 2003 team was 9-3 in regular season, after the last 8-0 Big Ten run. Iowa opened with Miami-OH that year, as well.

Does Iowa have the championship defense needed to win it all?

Iowa should have a Top 10 rush and scoring defense per Phil Steele, so how will offense and special teams even out. Does Iowa develop a pass rush?

In 2013, Iowa was 8-4, with losses to NIU, Michigan State, @ Ohio State and Wisconsin. Yes, the 2016 schedule is more favorable.

Balance will be very important in 2016. Can the Iowa team continue to take on the personality of the head coach? Not too high, not too low, as they deal with success and failure in 2016?

A 3-0 start is expected. The next 3 games @ Rutgers, Northwestern and @ Minnesota likely will set the tone, of how 2016 will play out for Iowa. I hope it isn't 8-4 in 2016. A 10-2 or 11-1 campaign, with date vs. Michigan State in Indy again would be a nice way to celebrate the season ...

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Oh my God. I don't even know if I can digest all of that.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
The key to division play is to win your division. Otherwise, there is zero opportunity for a Big Ten title. Talking about the CFP or Rose Bowl is stupid, since there are no guarantees in College Football.

A popular choice seems to be 10-2 or 9-3 for 2016. One sole, maybe it has risen, picked Iowa at 6-6. Frankly, depth and new parts make this season a hard one to project in the I am a giant douche West.

In 1984, Iowa was destroyed by injuries, but they beat Michigan 26-0, Bo's first blanking, if I recall right.
:icon_lol:

sergeanthulka

Is Frequently Requested at Local Karaoke Nights
Reaction score

Iowa must hold opponents explosive plays in check. Turnovers are a key stat, as well. Does Iowa get results, like 2014 Nebrantska or 2015 Nebrantska? Of course, more balance on offense, unlike 2015 Nebrantska could work as a good defense, as well.
:icon_neutral: