**DePaul vs. Iowa - 11/11/19 - 7pm - FS1**

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
There is no reason for Bohannon to be playing whether he is redshirting or not. He looks uninterested, ridiculous with a beard, and frumpy.

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
I think it’s funny that everyone was salivating over Nunge because he gained some weight and he’s the exact same player, just heavier and slower and still lost.
Yes and that’s really concerning. Maybe coming off the bench would help.

Reaction score
There is no reason for Bohannon to be playing whether he is redshirting or not. He looks uninterested, ridiculous with a beard, and frumpy.
He couldn’t guard anyone before the surgery and it’s even more obvious now. Depaul went right at him all game

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
He couldn’t guard anyone before the surgery and it’s even more obvious now. Depaul went right at him all game
Even with a year to recover, he may not ever get back anywhere close to where he used to be and he’ll need hip replacements by age 40.

douglasbader

Thinks Joe W Has Access To The YMCA
Reaction score
On some level, Fuck Fran.

He knows damn fucking well what happened this morning. All he had to do is make sure his team didn't shit the bed and make sure there was still some sort of positive today.

Instead they get blown the fuck out. Embarrassed at home in a game they were favored by 9 and of course it was over after 4 minutes.

That is simply unacceptable.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Him and the rest of those dopes wearing leggings should be beaten

Reaction score

He knows damn fucking well what happened this morning. All he had to do is make sure his team didn't shit the bed and make sure there was still some sort of positive today.

Instead they get blown the fuck out. Embarrassed at home in a game they were favored by 9 and of course it was over after 4 minutes.

We have seen this over and over. Change your coaching staff, but he refuses. Damn Barta doesn’t care.

Reaction score
If Weiskamp plays like that we're fucked. On the bright side I still think this team has better guards than last year. Fredrick is better than Moss and Toussaint is better at everything besides shooting than Bohannon. Fran probably will cost us another couple games before he realizes it though.

Reaction score
JoeT, CJ, Wieskamp, Pemsl and Garza. Connor 8-10 minutes, Kreiner 15-18 depending, Patrick, Nunge ? Evelyn appears to suck badly, Dailey was better.

Redshirt Jorbo now.

Reaction score
JoeT, CJ, Weiskamp should all get around 30 minutes a game. They are the only players that can play at both ends. I don't really care how you split the rest. I forgot how frustrating Garza can be. He has to be really efficient offensively to be a net positive player. Hopefully we get the good Pemsl this year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Joe T, Joe W and CJ would actually guard the perimeter and give the offense more room for error.

Garza and Kriener are fine for the 5 spot. Not sure what they do at power forward. Nunge just isn’t aggressive enough. His first shot says everything you need to know about him. Maybe the light comes on for him at some point this season.

I guess you go with Pemsl because if anything at least he’ll play his ass off and not back down. Would really like this lineup with Cook at the 4.

Patrick is just a weird piece. He’s 40 pounds from being the perfect 4 and doesn’t really have the ideal offensive game to be a 3.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
Watching a team switch on baseline out of bounds plays tells you all you need to know about how poorly they coach defense.

OlePeep

The Conductor
Reaction score
They've got some dudes who can jump out of the gym, wow. All the headband guys especially.
Watching them warm up I turned to my son and said, “How in the hell are we going to beat those guys?”

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
They've got some dudes who can jump out of the gym, wow. All the headband guys especially.
I hoped they were terrible at fundamentals because they were doing crazy things in warmups. To the point where our guys were watching them. Hawks got blitzed early and never recovered. That DePaul team seems pretty damn good.

Reaction score
I hoped they were terrible at fundamentals because they were doing crazy things in warmups. To the point where our guys were watching them. Hawks got blitzed early and never recovered. That DePaul team seems pretty damn good.
When a team shoots like that for an entire game they will look good. They have talent but they won't shoot like that in a game again for the rest of the season.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score

Going out on a limb, but maybe the news hit Fran hard tonight. He put a lot of time into that kid. Fran is a smart dude, but also an emotional guy.

I think you and I can relate.

Berzerkenpas

Desperately Wants a Mod-Edited Tag Line
Reaction score
I just don't see Bohannon returning as a quality Big Ten pg. Double hip surgery for a kid who was slow to begin with, and plays the most athletic position in basketball?

He comes back next year as CJ's backup.

You have Toussaint, CJ, Wieskamp, Pemsl. That's your only viable starting 5.

Evelyn is shitty but he's your backup pg. Nunge and the Union Hall Drunk off the bench at 4 and 5. Fran's kids, unfortunately, are both misplaced 3s -- Patrick has a 4 game in a skinny 3 body, and Connor, to be a productive player, should probably be used as a good-passing garbage glue guy 3, off the bench. Won't. Ever. Happen.

The incoming class has a sold Big Ten backup pg, a project SG who will probably transfer two years in, and the Murrays. Ogundele is the best remaining outcome, and despite his skill he's slow-footed and can't get off the floor too well.

Even with Joe and Luka, I'm not seeing a run next year. Too many talent gaps that haven't been filled.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
can you imagine what the DePaul players were thinking and saying to each other when they saw the 5 Osmond Brothers announced as Iowas starting lineup?

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I just don't see Bohannon returning as a quality Big Ten pg. Double hip surgery for a kid who was slow to begin with, and plays the most athletic position in basketball?

I really have zero idea, but maybe Bohannon just wants to graduate and move on?

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score

I can see that -- let the U pay for the surgery, get your degree, take satisfaction in your career as a high major D1 basketball player, and get on with adulthood.

Berzerkenpas

Reaction score

I can see that -- let the U pay for the surgery, get your degree, take satisfaction in your career as a high major D1 basketball player, and get on with adulthood.

Gushawk

Hires SullCrom
Reaction score
Fran's kids, unfortunately, are both misplaced 3s -- Patrick has a 4 game in a skinny 3 body, and Connor, to be a productive player, should probably be used as a good-passing garbage glue guy 3, off the bench. Won't. Ever. Happen.
Correct. Fran isn’t benching Connor for Joe anytime soon.