Former players thread

Shpadoinkle

Tagline-havin' son of a bitch
Reaction score
If I had to match up with Pete I'd probably do it blindfolded.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Just checked in to see how Brandon Hutton did at Indian Hills this year -- the answer, not so good.

http://www.iccacstats.org/sports/mbkb/2016-17/players/brandonhuttoniuys
I don't know, it wasn't all bad.

Odd coaching. 25 games, 3 starts, 26 total minutes.
The minute tracking is all jacked up. Check out the game logs. Unless he played exactly one minute of every game.

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Uthoff actually got 20 minutes tonight. Didn't exactly light it up with his 4 and 2 on 2-8 shooting, though.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
That all looked good until I checked the stats. 2.6 ppg and 1.8 rpg this year, only getting significant time in blowouts.
Yeah I checked his stats in mid February to see how he was doing. When I saw one of his coaches released his highlight tape saying he was available I assumed the coach was/is just trying to get rid of him.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
That all looked good until I checked the stats. 2.6 ppg and 1.8 rpg this year, only getting significant time in blowouts.
Yeah I checked his stats in mid February to see how he was doing. When I saw one of his coaches released his highlight tape saying he was available I assumed the coach was/is just trying to get rid of him.
I don't remember him being recruited or thought of as a shooter, but that highlight shows him making some 3s. Then I checked the stats and he made 8 all year. Every one of them is in that video.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I think Hutton is the biggest whiff of Fran's recruits at Iowa. He went from being a player that was a 6'6'' super athletic defensive beast that Iowa beat out Wisconsin and West Virginia for to 6'3'' garbage player that could barely get mop up minutes at a mid-level JUCO and might end up in D-3 or NAIA.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
I think Hutton is the biggest whiff of Fran's recruits at Iowa. He went from being a player that was a 6'6'' super athletic defensive beast that Iowa beat out Wisconsin and West Virginia for to 6'3'' garbage player that could barely get mop up minutes at a mid-level JUCO and might end up in D-3 or NAIA.
By that time, he might be 5'7".

CamelTones

Reaction score
Him or Fat Pat.

When I saw Hutton play in the PTL (I know I know) I thought he was going to be very good by the time he was a junior or senior. The raw talent was there and no one played harder than him on the court. He wanted to go back into the game after getting a massive cut above his eye with blood gushing all over the place. From what some media people have said on podcasts he just didn't seem to pick up on anything from the coaches.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Him or Fat Pat.

When I saw Hutton play in the PTL (I know I know) I thought he was going to be very good by the time he was a junior or senior. The raw talent was there and no one played harder than him on the court. He wanted to go back into the game after getting a massive cut above his eye with blood gushing all over the place. From what some media people have said on podcasts he just didn't seem to pick up on anything from the coaches.
Fat Pat wasn't good, but he at least played for 3 years at the D1 level. I didn't realize he was still playing this year.

Reaction score
Ingram was a bigger reach as a recruit. St. Louis was his best offer besides Iowa. Hutton had good offers early as doug said and obviously just never developed anything offensively. Projection that everyone saw never came.

CamelTones

Reaction score
Iowa also settled on Fat after losing out on Kenny Gaines. Hutton was the first commit in that class if I'm remembering it correctly.

Hutton wasn't a total bust though, he did give us the popcorn photo.

douglasbader

Reaction score
Uthoff has now scored more points than Niang has all year.

BBK

THE GRINGOOOOO
Reaction score
Gabe plays for the same French team as Marcellus Sommerville and is on the British National Team.

Reaction score
he's been an assistant at Illinois State the last few years.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Sigh. 18 years and they haven't been back.

AZmess

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
No way. I thought he was lazy.

FrodoTBaggin

Balding
Reaction score
Aaron White just had a baby and named it George Costanza's bank card code.