Former players thread

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Did some of you ever actually watch Iowa Basketball?

How the fuck does CJ Fredrick ever enter your brain as the worst defensive SG under Fran? I know we all make fun of him now because he has a shithead uncle, was a coward the way he left and been injured everywhere since, but he was a stud when healthy at Iowa.

Reaction score
CJ Fredrick and Brady Ellingson were SGs who immediately come to mind as terrible defenders. Both were athletically limited, unswitchable, low/mid effort guys who couldn't even help rebound.
No way on Fredrick. He’s a douche and he had some laziness on his way out but for most of his career he was a good defender. And not athletically limited.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Did some of you ever actually watch Iowa Basketball?

How the fuck does CJ Fredrick ever enter your brain as the worst defensive SG under Fran? I know we all make fun of him now because he has a shithead uncle, was a coward the way he left and been injured everywhere since, but he was a stud when healthy at Iowa.
Because he’s white.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
No way on Fredrick. He’s a douche and he had some laziness on his way out but for most of his career he was a good defender. And not athletically limited.
Correct. He was a fucking killer when healthy at Iowa, might have had the biggest clangers on the team on both ends of the court.

Reaction score
Correct. He was a fucking killer when healthy at Iowa, might have had the biggest clangers on the team on both ends of the court.
I remember how crazy the splits were in that ‘21 team when he was on/off the court. Our defense was significantly better with him. We started 12-2 then he got “hurt” where he only played 13 minutes against Indiana and missed 3 of the next 4. We went 0-4 in those 4 games. Then we went 9-3 the rest of the way when his minutes were mostly normal.

Reaction score
Jesus. Even Nunge moved on (i think they were the same class)

also lol at “fully healhty”. Until he changes a jug at the water cooler maybe.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Jesus. Even Nunge moved on (i think they were the same class)

also lol at “fully healhty”. Until he changes a jug at the water cooler maybe.
Nunge was in Garza and Connors class. Wieskamp was the same class as Fredrick. Get a job you bum. O/u 12.5 games this year

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
I just Googled Razija Mujanović as I had no idea who this was.

Not at all sure that isn't a man.