Iowa Barnstormers

Reaction score
“He stated his purpose for creating the videos was for curiosity involving sexual development and adolescent development,”
his only intention was “looking at how much taller the kids were going to get and how developed they were,” and he did so partly by observing their genitalia and body hair. He also claimed he made the videos “on a whim.”

Pressed by agents, Stephen said he became “maybe a little bit” aroused while viewing the videos “in the same way you would be aroused when you view anyone naked.”
:icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral::icon_neutral:
Fuck that guy.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
The part about rubbing one out while sharing a bed with one of the sleeping players is extra gross.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
i found it odd that it was his brother-in-law that found the videos. maybe he knew something was wrong and was looking?

fuisu98

Asp Wielder
Reaction score
i found it odd that it was his brother-in-law that found the videos. maybe he knew something was wrong and was looking?

Former BIL but yeah. I’m guessing he didn’t just “stumble” on it.

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I found it odd that the contractor removed the video recorder and hooked it up to watch without telling the homeowner. That seemed like really odd behavior. Sure, you want to know if you’re on there, but to not even mention it? Anyway, that fact actually helps answer that question a bit. Not entirely, but just don’t be a pervert.

Revolver

Will Ruin Your Thread and Crush Your Dreams
Reaction score
The part about rubbing one out while sharing a bed with one of the sleeping players is extra gross.
How thankful must that one player be that didn’t wake up?

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I found it odd that the contractor removed the video recorder and hooked it up to watch without telling the homeowner. That seemed like really odd behavior. Sure, you want to know if you’re on there, but to not even mention it? Anyway, that fact actually helps answer that question a bit. Not entirely, but just don’t be a pervert.
Yeah, odd as in he was setting him up.

Until the dude admitted it.

What a fucked up story

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
just read where he made his initial appearance wearing a Barnstormers tee shirt.

that seems to be throwing it in the face of the victims

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Doesn’t Top 10 national player Matthew Hurt play for them? Hopefully Patrick buddies up with him and brings him back to Iowa.

AZmessDAWG

Loved and Defended The Criminal Until the Bitter End
Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong with that.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I’m not exactly sure how/why MBE got supplanted as the premier program.

Everyone decent growing up played for them. There was a stretch where AIA was good (McCabe era), and then merged with them for a short time, and then the 2012 class came through MBE but otherwise the stormers have got the majority of the good players with the exception of the 2016 class who all played for MBE for some reason.

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
Some of you know way too fuckin much about AAU basketball.

Reaction score
Doug has been deep in the sauce this week. Burn some popcorn?
Pointing out your brother is a retard has nothing to do with being deep in the sauce.
You're giving out too much personal information here that they have never provided. This is creepy. I hope you don't disclose where they are from, because they have never done that, ever. So saying they are from a place like Reinbeck, or Traer, or Hudson, would be super creepy, if it were true. Also, you went to far alleging they are brothers, it's a good thing that their parents are complete unknowns so you can't disclose that too.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Doug has been deep in the sauce this week. Burn some popcorn?
Pointing out your brother is a retard has nothing to do with being deep in the sauce.
You're giving out too much personal information here that they have never provided. This is creepy. I hope you don't disclose where they are from, because they have never done that, ever. So saying they are from a place like Reinbeck, or Traer, or Hudson, would be super creepy, if it were true. Also, you went to far alleging they are brothers, it's a good thing that their parents are complete unknowns so you can't disclose that too.
Let’s be honest, this board is severely lacking in brothers.

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, this board is severely lacking in brothers.
*Iowa hoops

Stomper15

Not A TOR Poster
Reaction score
Does anyone who follows the state of Iowa AAU circuit have any idea what this fall out will mean for Hawkeye basketball longer term? Seems like the Barnstormers were a pretty good pipeline for Iowa hoops.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Does anyone who follows the state of Iowa AAU circuit have any idea what this fall out will mean for Hawkeye basketball longer term? Seems like the Barnstormers were a pretty good pipeline for Iowa hoops.
Yes. Doug has let us know that expecting any sort of impact on the Hawkeye program is retarded.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Yes. Doug has let us know that expecting any sort of impact on the Hawkeye program is retarded.
The program is simply devastated. Huge impact and implications, especially given their biggest targets play for the Barnstor...... oh..... wait..... they don't play for them?

I'm sure Fran having his kids play with other programs won't help at all. What a disaster.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score
It’s fine. They didn’t lose their adidas sponsorship which was huge. They’ll suffer short term but they’ll eventually be ok again.

Reaction score
A federal magistrate, after hearing new evidence Wednesday that a former youth basketball coach also may have touched players during out of town sport trips, decided to keep him jail pending further court proceedings.
But in the end, Mahoney ruled to keep him in jail, mainly based on the evidence that three additional former players from the mid-2000s had come forward, telling investigators that when they shared a bed with Stephen during sport trips that he touched their buttocks while also sexually touching himself.
Iowa Division of Criminal Investigation Special Agent Ryan Kedley said police were initially tipped off Feb. 18, after a contractor who was working in Stephen’s Monticello home about a month prior discovered a recording device in his bathroom and became suspicious.

The recording device, “V.E.” — how the contractor is identified in court documents — found in Stephen’s bathroom looked like a black cube with a USB charger but was equipped with a video recorder, Kedley said. The contractor took it home and discovered the video of the three naked players before calling authorities.

Investigators then discovered Stephen stayed in constant communications, with the players, who ranged in age from fifth-graders to high school males under age 18, and he frequently shared hotel rooms and beds with the youths.

Kedley said Stephen contacted them through various social media, as well as phone calls, texting and in person. Stephen also hosted regular get togethers and “sleepovers” with players, usually the night before the teens and he would travel to basketball tournaments.
Kedley said he denied having additional recording devices but investigators found four covert devices in the Monticello house. One of those appeared to be a plastic mountable towel hook but was a camera with a USB port, which was found in a backpack.

In Stephen’s Delhi house, investigators found a device in a bathroom that looked like a smoke detector located above the toilet, but it was a camera, Kedley said. Forensic analysis of six devices are still being conducted, along with other electronic devices found during the searches conducted last month.

Kedley said during the investigation that former Barnstormers said Stephen, while sharing a bed with him in 2016, was sexually touching himself. The teen, 13 at the time, had his back to Stephen and “just froze.” He said he couldn’t move and didn’t know what to do.

Three other former Barnstormers players have recently come forward, saying Stephen actually touched them, in separate incidents during the mid-2000s, Kedley said. Each told the same scenario about waking up in the middle of the night to Stephen touching their buttocks while also sexually touching himself. One of the boys was warned by another about sharing a bed with Stephen before the trip, he said.

The third player, also a teen under age 18 at the time, said he wasn’t sure because he was sleeping but he thought Stephen may have been touching his buttocks.

If convicted, Stephen faces a mandatory five years and up to 20 years in prison.
Ugh at those new details.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Jamie and Jamie need to do a hard reboot under a different brand. I doubt they keep the sponsorship anyways.

I am like the least outragey person ever and I’m not exactly sure who reports to who but i struggle to think of another situation where systemic abuse doesn’t take down everyone at or near the top of the organization.

Revolver

Reaction score
That piece of shit will be out in less than 10 years. Fuck that.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Jamie and Jamie need to do a hard reboot under a different brand. I doubt they keep the sponsorship anyways.

I am like the least outragey person ever and I’m not exactly sure who reports to who but i struggle to think of another situation where systemic abuse doesn’t take down everyone at or near the top of the organization.
Unless those kids said something I’m not sure how anyone else could do anything about it.

AZmessDAWG

Reaction score

Talked to pett the other day. Adidas isn’t going away.

Reaction score

Talked to pett the other day. Adidas isn’t going away.
That's honestly good to hear. From everything that can be gleaned so far, the players never came forward at the time (completely understandable) and Stephen operated in such a way that other higher ups in the program never suspected a thing (also understandable), so this wasn't at all systemic. Jamie and everyone else should absolutely have the opportunity to get things back on track and, ultimately, turn the program back into a positive.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Going with the defense of : It's a First amendment right to possess nude images of adolescent boys

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
How in the actual fuck do you shoehorn this into a first amendment issue?

Revolver

Reaction score
That has to be the worst first amendment argument of all time.