Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Randy throwing darts this offseason. The Mahomes of 515 media

It’s awesome that they always forget the close wins. Texas, UNI (lol) were gifted to them and Kansas required a late comeback.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
You’d think after a relatively long lifetime of this Randy would understand what ISU is and what’s realistic. Instead he basically has the mind of an 8 yr old when it comes to his teams and the players and coaches that comprise them.
I always assumed he never believe the shit he wrote. It was simply a way to pay the bills. It is now obvious that he has a learning disability.

Reaction score
Serious question from a non-metro resident. Has he always been this way? Like was he writing articles in the 80s and early 90s talking about how ISU was about to contend in the Big 8?

Reaction score
my favourite sportswriter by era

–2002: n/a
2002–2010: Bill Simmons
2010–2014: Brian Phillips
2014–: Randy, by far

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Bill.Simmons is a sportswriter like Chris Williams is a journalist

Reaction score
He didn’t have the platform (social media) when he was on Iowa beat, so his exposure was much less. He’s always been this way though. The next non jock sniffer article he writes will be his first.
I was just gonna ask if the Iowa thing was real or just a joke. How long ago was this and why did he switch. @newsbreaker might have to answer this pry but is it common to switch in state beats? I will finish my vodka tonic and gfm. Thanks in advance.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I was just gonna ask if the Iowa thing was real or just a joke. How long ago was this and why did he switch. @newsbreaker might have to answer this pry but is it common to switch in state beats? I will finish my vodka tonic and gfm. Thanks in advance.
Newsy can answer the second part but I think his beat changed late 90’s, early oughts I remember him sniffing around.

Reaction score
Bill Simmons is a journalist like Chris Williams is a journalist. He’s literally trying to copy him, in ames.
Ya know...... This might be a solid point. Kinda Bill used to write some great articles and he still has a few. Bill can write complete sentences. However, if you add the writing/instant react preview pod cast everything this isn’t a terrible take.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Register used to rotate their beat writers back and forth between Iowa and ISU.

Reaction score
Ya know...... This might be a solid point. Kinda Bill used to write some great articles and he still has a few. Bill can write complete sentences. However, if you add the writing/instant react preview pod cast everything this isn’t a terrible take.
Bill is also one of the best sports documentary producers ever. His podcasts and writing are not my style, but damn can he make a doc.

Reaction score
Bill is also one of the best sports documentary producers ever. His podcasts and writing are not my style, but damn can he make a doc.
This is a great comp if Hey Guys ever sells his company for 100s of millions of dollars

Reaction score
This is also a very solid point. Chris has one coming out on Purdy.... Maybe He is his replacement.

Reaction score
This is a great comp if Hey Guys ever sells his company for 100s of millions of dollars
It’s more a statement that neither are journalists, but to borrow from Bill’s amazing overuse of the phrase, Chris is the poorest and most destitute of a man’s Bill Simmons.

Reaction score
Register used to rotate their beat writers back and forth between Iowa and ISU.
I remember Randy going on the DP show to discuss the offseason training that put the football players in the hospital. That was 2011 I believe.

newsbreaker

The most pathetically dishonest POS on the board
Reaction score
They used to rotate. Then Randy got Cy’s cock lodged in the back of his throat and they couldn’t switch back.

Tugboat

Berntard
Reaction score
Last week there was an ISU signing day fan show (wasn’t Williams) on the radio where the hosts were gushing over next years O-Line. Zero acknowledgement of how shitty the line has been under Campbell.

douglasbader

Was Right at the Time
Reaction score
I saw some college football show on ESPNU and there was some random guy I didn't know and Golic Jr.

The random guy's bold prediction for 2019 was Iowa State wins the Big XII. They return Brock Purdy and Breece Hall and are on the upswing was the justification. Nevermind they got ass fucked their last 2 games and lost a bunch to end the season and lose a bunch of key players.