Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
They lost to Louisiana at home in a blowout. They nearly got beat by a bad TCU team missing their starting QB for a half. They beat the most mediocre Oklahoma team in the last 20 years barely at home. Beat two of the worst teams in the country in Texas Tech / Kansas. Needed a come from behind and last minute goal line stand to beat 1-4 Baylor.

Hey, would totally feel confident with beating all but a handful of teams. Alabama. Clemson. Ohio State.

Lolz.
Jesus doug. Did you even read that post? They just need an above average game in all three phases.

they are bordering on elite

Reaction score
In any other year, they’d manage to get to a good bowl because of the dogshit schedule and get absolutely hammered by an actually good team. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be all that many of those this year, so this is likely to get worse.

In any case, it wouldn’t matter much as even the absolute ass pounding by Notre Dame was pretty much an even draw less than 5 months later. Nothing changes. Ever.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
Somebody do me a solid and rank all of the rushing defenses Iowa State has played this year.

thrawn

Reaction score
If you’re an upperclassman who isn’t completely terrible you make the watchlist and semifinalists

Last edited:

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
I'm going to watch him not win the Johnny Unitas golden arm award

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
I think the latest espn qb rankings didn't even list him. He's an afterthought.

Hawk4Life94

Douche4Life who uses musical Christmas lights
Reaction score
Those comments are gold Jerry, gold I tell ya.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
Ann Arbor and Toledo are only 54 miles apart. He's probably got strong ties to that area, and now he'd be the biggest name on the trail.

Brad Wesley

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Joel Klatt said Campbell knows how it it being the the number two school in the state thus wouldn’t entertain South Carolina.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I seriously doubt Campbell would take a second tier job in the South.
We make fun of the 4 hour radius bit, but all of his connections and time have been in the midwest. I know ISU is mostly going to be attractive to those kids, but it is where he recruits from too. If he wasn't going to FSU, he sure as shit isn't going to South Carolina.