Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I will not DMOFR, but when's the last time a top-10 (pre-season) team was out of the top 25 after week 4?
Without doing the research, I’ll bet that Michigan was the fastest to fall out of the Top 25, after starting in the Top 10, when they lost to App St.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
AP Preseason Top 10 with current ranking:

1. Alabama (current 5)
2. Oklahoma (4)
3. Clemson (NR starting week 6)
4. Ohio St (6)
5. Georgia (1)
6. Texas A&M (21 - was NR week 6)
7. Iowa State (NR starting week 5)
8. Cincinnati (3)
9. Notre Dame (14)
10. North Carolina (NR starting week 5)

This starts with week 1 as the preseason rankings, so can kinda shift things back by a week.

The Dad

Legitimately Bald Forever and Stupid Looking
Reaction score
There is a 5200+ post thread on CyFan regarding alt uniforms.

Fucking faggots.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
This happened.

What a glorious game.

Paul was just dancing all over that sideline. Slapping hands like a retarded carnie.

Lanning was blissfully ignorant of the entire situation and unless someone relayed the outcome to him in crayon, likely has no idea that ISU lost. "But coach was so happy."

Paul was just jumping up and down. Screaming. Jumping. Screaming. All for joy.

But then confusion and eventually sadness emerged…as it always does.

thrawn

Reaction score
Stat: Iowa State hasn’t won at Kansas State since 2004.
They clinched a tie for first in the Big 12 North that day. Iowa clinched a tie for the B10 title (Michigan had the head-to-head). I remember the Register had some joint headline about it being a banner or title day or something. They still had one game to go (this was when the Douche didn’t ply after Thanksgiving) and that was the game Culbertson missed a 25 yard FG by being 40 yards wide and they lost to Mizzou in OT. So Colorado got the division.

I don’t know if they actually got a trophy for going 4-4 and tying with a team that lost the B12 title game by 40.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
They clinched a tie for first in the Big 12 North that day. Iowa clinched a tie for the B10 title (Michigan had the head-to-head). I remember the Register had some joint headline about it being a banner or title day or something. They still had one game to go (this was when the Douche didn’t ply after Thanksgiving) and that was the game Culbertson missed a 25 yard FG by being 40 yards wide and they lost to Mizzou in OT. So Colorado got the division.

I don’t know if they actually got a trophy for going 4-4 and tying with a team that lost the B12 title game by 40.
I was at a family gathering on that day. My dad is the reason I’m an Iowa fan, but all of his cousins are central Iowa/Grundy County rubes (@6deuce is likely budd with half these people and has sold insurance to the other half). Since they’re backwoods rubes from Reinbeck and Grundy Center, they all love ISU. It was an awful lot of fun to watch that game with them. Lotta smirking on my part, I was just 15 years ahead of knowing how important it was to do so.

Reaction score
Let’s do events that happened the same year Iowa St won its last conference title*

The Titanic sunk.
LOL

6deuce

6douche
Reaction score
I was at a family gathering on that day. My dad is the reason I’m an Iowa fan, but all of his cousins are central Iowa/Grundy County rubes (@6deuce is likely budd with half these people and has sold insurance to the other half). Since they’re backwoods rubes from Reinbeck and Grundy Center, they all love ISU. It was an awful lot of fun to watch that game with them. Lotta smirking on my part, I was just 15 years ahead of knowing how important it was to do so.
One ISU fan in my golf group probably sent 100 snap chats before the game but was radio silent after halftime. I was a smirking motherfucker.