Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
Wait, what? Rose is a finalist for the Lombardi? He isn’t even top 150 in the nation in tackles, didn’t force a single turnover this season and plays for a mediocre defense. This can’t be real?

rodg12

Might not need to GFH
Reaction score
Imagine that the guy that you deem worthy of a ball sucking article like this and repeatedly refer to him as a "legend" was pulled against DII non-scholarship Drake. Imagine that he was pulled not once but TWICE his senior year because of terrible play in games.
Then gets featured in this for his absolute dumbfuckery in his second to last college game.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
This is perfect. With this week's announcements, the three players you list above are finalists for the Doak Walker (Hall--"fantasic" OK), Lombardi (Rose -- "really good but no Jack Campbell" homer undersell), and Mackey (Kolar --"decent college level player" LOL) Awards.

But it's ISU fans that are out of line in their praise of their players...not the level headed Iowa fans that may just be biased against them...

Might Campbell be a better pro than Rose? I'm on record as saying probably. But no need to knock down the quality of college players they are just because they're on the other team. Even Purdy has been dragged by Hawk fans for years and plenty of ISU fans...but there's no doubt that he's the best ISU QB ever, and on the short list of best QBs this state have ever seen. To compare him to Petras and Padilla is beyond LOL worthy. (much as a couple of his bad highlights are...but the good ones never seem to make it over to this site...)

Much like LInderbaum deserves every bit of praise he earns, and should be a shoe in for the Lombardi and Rimington although I'm guessing Hutchinson wins the Lombardi.
What side dish are you bringing to the potluck? There will be picnic tables set up in the grassy areas with no seats.

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
The sandwich they talked about on Friends bears no resemblance to the Dubuque turkey and dressing sandwich. On Friends, the sandwich was distinct layers of sliced leftover turkey, stuffing and the "moistmaker" (a slice of bread soaked in gravy). The Dubuque turkey and dressing sandwich is shredded/cut up leftover turkey, dressing and gravy all mixed together to make a glop that is then put on a bun. Its like your dog ate thanksgiving dinner, then threw up and then you put it on a bun.
Ah, that's different. We made sandwiches out of dinner leftovers (turkey, stuffing, & cranberry sauce on dinner rolls).

MikeyJoe

Has a Big Head
Reaction score
This is perfect. With this week's announcements, the three players you list above are finalists for the Doak Walker (Hall--"fantasic" OK), Lombardi (Rose -- "really good but no Jack Campbell" homer undersell), and Mackey (Kolar --"decent college level player" LOL) Awards.

But it's ISU fans that are out of line in their praise of their players...not the level headed Iowa fans that may just be biased against them...

Might Campbell be a better pro than Rose? I'm on record as saying probably. But no need to knock down the quality of college players they are just because they're on the other team. Even Purdy has been dragged by Hawk fans for years and plenty of ISU fans...but there's no doubt that he's the best ISU QB ever, and on the short list of best QBs this state have ever seen. To compare him to Petras and Padilla is beyond LOL worthy. (much as a couple of his bad highlights are...but the good ones never seem to make it over to this site...)

Much like LInderbaum deserves every bit of praise he earns, and should be a shoe in for the Lombardi and Rimington although I'm guessing Hutchinson wins the Lombardi.
Okay, sure, fair, fair, I'm sorry what the fucking fuck?

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
There are a good number of Iowa State fans that aren't even convinced that Brock Purdy is even the best QB on the current team, and that includes the coaching staff multiple times this year.

This in the second to last game of his Senior year in a "magical" and "legendary" career.

The Full Monte

CycloneFanatic Poster
Reaction score

Ok, so we're apparently in agreement on Hall

On Rose, are you aware of what the Lombardi is? You seem to think it's for the nation's best LB. Are you getting this confused with the Butkus? Because Rose IS really good. But he's not one of the best LB in the country. And most certainly will not be one of the most successful at the next level, the NFL. What exactly is it you are arguing here? Because Rose isn't a Butkus finalist, he isn't going to be among the top LB drafted. So where exactly do you think he fits between "really good" and "ELITE!!!"

And the Mackey finalist list is a joke. Not for including Kolar, but because it has NEITHER Mayer (ND) or Bowers (GA) on it. Leaving BOTH off is insane. Those guys have elite NFL profiles, Kolar does not. He's a a good college player.

I'm struggling to see where you even feel slighted here @eclone

This feels an awful lot like the typical inability of an Iowa State fan to say "they're good," or "they're great" and have to rocket all the way to "holy fuck they cured cancer and I'd let 5-0 and him run a train on my wife!!!"

The Full Monte

CycloneFanatic Poster
Reaction score
LOLOLOLOLOLOL

There is no fucking way. There is just no fucking way, a normal functioning human being typed that sentence.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Okay, sure, fair, fair, I'm sorry what the fucking fuck?
ISU/IOWA Yards Passing:
Purdy11,704
Long9,671
Meyer9,499
Stanley8,297
Tate8,292
Stanzi7,377
Arnaud6,777
Rodgers6,725
Hartlieb6,269

ISU/IOWA Passer Rating:
Banks155.0
Purdy152.0
Long150.5
C. Hartlieb148.9
Stanzi141.6
Kempt141.4
Vlasic141.1
Sherman140.5
Park137.5

ISU/IOWA Passing TDs
Purdy78
Long70
Stanley68
Tate61
Stanzi56
Meyer50
Richardson45
Sherman43
Arnaud42
Rodgers41

ISU/IOWA Comp%
Purdy67.9
Kempt66.7
Long64.9
C. Hartlieb64.4
J. Hartlieb62.2
Tate61
Rodgers60.7
Rudock60.3
Park60.2
Stanzi59.8

ISU/IOWA Yards/Attempt
C. Hartlieb8.8
Long8.7
Banks8.7
Oberg8.5
Sherman8.4
Purdy8.4
Vlasic8.2
Stanzi8.1
Utter8.1

ISU/IOWA Wins
Long35
Purdy29
Stanzi27
Stanley27
Rodgers23
Tate21
Meyer21

There. Out of curiosity myself, I showed my work.

Put Kurt Warner in the Top 10.
Put Purdy in the Top 10.
Put Long/Stanzi/Rodgers/CHartlieb/Banks/Tate in the top 10.

Find two more guys among JHartlieb/Duncan/ Stanley/Sherman/Beathard/Vlasic/Meyer to fill out the 10. (Duncan and Beathard seem the obvious choices)

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
LOL. CJ Beathard was twice the QB Brock Purdy is. He threw for a lot of yards because he played way more games and played in a league where there is no defense.

Also, I’m noticing you’re cherry picking a few stats and leaving out a few important ones. Probably just a coincidence.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
He was dangerously close to being the only QB in state history with the distinction of being benched for poor play against Iowa, UNI and Drake during his 4 year career.

Gotta admit, that’s something.

SondyRules

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Holee Shit...of all of the ISU Quarterbacks you could have listed you go full on Purdy. He's among the best in ISU history, but he still doesn't hold a candle to Seneca Wallace. Purdy will be lucky to get a cup of coffee in the NFL.

ivan_drago

Frail & Sickly
Reaction score
Holee Shit...of all of the ISU Quarterbacks you could have listed you go full on Purdy. He's among the best in ISU history, but he still doesn't hold a candle to Seneca Wallace. Purdy will be lucky to get a cup of coffee in the NFL.
i mean I disagree, he will be pouring coffee for people for a long time

thrawn

Reaction score
It’s somewhat difficult to compare stats across eras anbut Seneca’s college stats are pretty underwhelming. He was a sub-60% passer with a negative TD/INT ratio.

I would personally take CJ over Purdy, but the arguments in favor of them as college QBs are generally bad arguments about wins and NFL status. Purdy’s numbers were way better.

Reaction score
It’s somewhat difficult to compare stats across eras anbut Seneca’s college stats are pretty underwhelming. He was a sub-60% passer with a negative TD/INT ratio.

I would personally take CJ over Purdy, but the arguments in favor of them as college QBs are generally bad arguments about wins and NFL status. Purdy’s numbers were way better.
Look at who Seneca had to play though

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
LOL. CJ Beathard was twice the QB Brock Purdy is. He threw for a lot of yards because he played way more games and played in a league where there is no defense.

Also, I’m noticing you’re cherry picking a few stats and leaving out a few important ones. Probably just a coincidence.
I “cherry picked” stats? Come on. You’re a try hard idiot, but you’re not that obtuse. I used the most common QB stats that I could find easily on sports Reference. Plus hand figured the wins. What super special QB comparison stat am I purposefully leaving out?

and I put Beathard in the top 10. But go ahead and double his stats and get back to me on how they compare.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I “cherry picked” stats? Come on. You’re a try hard idiot, but you’re not that obtuse. I used the most common QB stats that I could find easily on sports Reference. Plus hand figured the wins. What super special QB comparison stat am I purposefully leaving out?

and I put Beathard in the top 10. But go ahead and double his stats and get back to me on how they compare.
The GDGD multiplier is 3.7 fyi