Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
My hair is still pretty much the same blonde-ish color it has been my entire life. I’m white at the temples and around the edges, but at first glance you wouldn’t think of my hair as anything other than blonde. But 90% of my whiskers are white and if I go three days without shaving I look like those old pictures of Hemingway in his sweater right after he wrote Old Man and the Sea and shortly before he died. And because I think that look is pretty unbecoming of me, I shave before doing much of anything in public.

Anyway, pictures of CMC at the last two media days, two weeks apart, have made me think of that.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I've never seen Eastern Michigan's entrance, and will not be looking it up, but am quite confident that it's not top 10 by anyone's estimation.
I don't know what they think is special about Rynearson. Maybe it's the gray turf. But FFS, it's in Ypsitucky.

thrawn

Reaction score
I've never seen Eastern Michigan's entrance, and will not be looking it up, but am quite confident that it's not top 10 by anyone's estimation.
the entire idea of a best entrance is stupid. wow, some teams jog quickly out of a tunnel to 2020s hip hop, others jog slowly out to 80s rock. Some even use their fight song while sprinting! Fascinating!

KitKatApples

Reaction score
the entire idea of a best entrance is stupid. wow, some teams jog quickly out of a tunnel to 2020s hip hop, others jog slowly out to 80s rock. Some even use their fight song while sprinting! Fascinating!
Yea but who could imagine a football team coming out to enter sandman. It’s crazy!

Last edited:

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Also high noons kick ass, you can all suck a fat one
High Noons are great. I hadn't had one until we visited some friends in Tampa over NYE and they had a bunch of them. I had figured they were just one of the billion seltzers that are on the market when I first saw them. If you're looking for that type of drink they're great and 100x better than JCPenny hard seltzer or whatever.

Hawkmi

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
High Noons are great. I hadn't had one until we visited some friends in Tampa over NYE and they had a bunch of them. I had figured they were just one of the billion seltzers that are on the market when I first saw them. If you're looking for that type of drink they're great and 100x better than JCPenny hard seltzer or whatever.
High Noons, Press, and T.G.'s Pseudo Seltzer are all at least stomachable.

brantshawks

Nebrantska Fan
Reaction score
Huh. Never would have guessed.

Ok I'll try some. Any favorite flavors? Are there flavors?

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Huh. Never would have guessed.

Ok I'll try some. Any favorite flavors? Are there flavors?
It's a vodka soda. So to be clear an actual vodka soda lime is better. I'm just putting them on the same scale as Trulys or White Claws and in that case they're the top.

that said, I've liked all of them I've had except black cherry, which is a flavor I only ever have in greek yogurt so that just tasted wrong. Pineapple, watermelon both good. Mango - it's like having a man go in your mouth. Can't really go too wrong.

Orestes

Invisible
Reaction score
I have a feeling Dillard’s could put out a mean hard seltzer, but Penny’s definitely sucks.

Soda Popinski

Kelly Hilpiper
Reaction score
It's a vodka soda. So to be clear an actual vodka soda lime is better. I'm just putting them on the same scale as Trulys or White Claws and in that case they're the top.

that said, I've liked all of them I've had except black cherry, which is a flavor I only ever have in greek yogurt so that just tasted wrong. Pineapple, watermelon both good. Mango - it's like having a man go in your mouth. Can't really go too wrong.
It's like having a man go in your mouth? I'm not judging.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
High noons are great. Kinda pricey but they are actually vodka unlike the headache inducing malt liquor in other seltzer’s. I guess you get what you pay for.

The Full Monte

a/k/a CyTwins
Reaction score
Actual Matt Campbell quotes:

"I would say we’re the deepest and the best we’ve ever been in our secondary"

"I would say when you look at the corner spots, man you’re talking about maybe the four best corners we’ll carry into a football season since I’ve been there in terms of depth and abilities"

Holy fucking shit.

The reason people joke about it being a cult is that that is the exact narrative that will be repeated a 1000 times in the next 2 months. Very few of their fans are going to say “wait, Matt….didn’t we have EIGHT defensive backs transfer in the
Absolutely NAILED IT. The position group decimated by transfers and scrambling to take immediately eligible juco guys just a couple months ago…. now has “something special brewing.”