Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The FCP guys have had a pretty impressive run of successful ideas. One was bound to bomb eventually.

thrawn

Reaction score
The FCP guys have had a pretty impressive run of successful ideas. One was bound to bomb eventually.
I saw a claim that they didn’t have Sunday ticket and were definitely a Viking bar but not a Vikings bar. You probably don’t need to lean into the sports the way Truman’s does, but I wonder if that was a miss.

Jim

Enjoys Birding
Reaction score
Love me some Larry. He’s Cy-Twins and Randy all rolled into a nice Pollard ball.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Is the dress code for the Pollard ball strictly tucked in pull-overs?

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
They celebrate him like their football team ended the year #15, their men’s basketball team is #19, their women’s team is also in the top 20 and their wrestling team is #1.

Wait, they’re not even close to any of those things. The school that does have that doesn’t give 2 shits about their AD.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
They celebrate him like their football team ended the year #15, their men’s basketball team is #19, their women’s team is also in the top 20 and their wrestling team is #1.

Wait, they’re not even close to any of those things. The school that does have that doesn’t give 2 shits about their AD.
They're the bear, though.

KitKatApples

Reaction score
pretty sure Iowa was in that same boat also during the year just not at the time he tweeted

KitKatApples

Reaction score
They of course hire a guy from a school that also hates Iowa and balls out against them everytime

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
ISU didn't hire him as OC, he'll be the RB coach. I'd say good credentials for that slot, and will be good to get some different perspective in the offensive coaches room. Also, Iowa shut him down this past year, but I'm pretty sure NW had a winning record against Iowa during his time as OC.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
This guy got his ass kicked and shut out by Iowa at home a few months ago. I don't think that is "balls out against them everytime".
The problem with Northwestern of late has been scoring against them, not keeping them off the board. Even in Northwestern's last two wins over Iowa, they only scored 17 and 14 points.

Reactions: Bob

Hawk_Kegmasters

Saw Spice World in Theaters
Reaction score
ISU didn't hire him as OC, he'll be the RB coach. I'd say good credentials for that slot, and will be good to get some different perspective in the offensive coaches room. Also, Iowa shut him down this past year, but I'm pretty sure NW had a winning record against Iowa during his time as OC.
his offenses scored over 30 twice on Iowa. It’s wasn’t his offensive game plan that has caused the Hawks to struggle against NW, dumbass.

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
NW had some good teams during that time. But, very similar to Iowa. Bad to mediocre offense, good defense and special teams

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Any idea what Iowa State’s record was against Iowa over that same time period?

Reaction score
The problem with Northwestern of late has been scoring against them, not keeping them off the board. Even in Northwestern's last two wins over Iowa, they only scored 17 and 14 points.
Clearly, the OC was the difference in those wins. Iowa State fans know their football

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
NW’s S&C coach would be perfect for Ames if they could get him, which they can’t because he has not been fired.

Dr. Zaius

IS A DOCTOR
Reaction score
I still see 5-6 wins at most for them next year.

They aren’t winning at TCU and K St, Baylor are toss ups. Suggesting a win at kinnick? LOFL

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
It’s simply amazing to me how little concern they have about replacing FOUR starters on the O Line that was already a glaring weakness for them.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I never know exactly where to put general cyclone fanatic stuff.

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
I'm being somewhat serious here, that's a horrible announcement. "It really has no significance to anyone..." Yikes.

Really, Chris/CyFan should have tweeted out his promotion. And then he could have responded that he was humbled or whatever if he wanted to. Idk. Maybe it's different in a company like that but that just seems weird.