Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Heather Burnside
Travis Justice
Ross Peterson
Shawn Roberts or whatever his name is
Scott Sipker
Andy Fales

I’m not saying Chris is good, but I would rather listen to him than anyone else on my list.
Heather, Travis, and Sean don't exist in my world. Andy is a news dork, and Scott Spiker is an annoying general personality, not a sports personality. Ross appears to have a brain. No way he's worse.

That is a murderer's row of awful, though.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Heather, Travis, and Sean don't exist in my world. Andy is a news dork, and Scott Spiker is an annoying general personality, not a sports personality. Ross appears to have a brain. No way he's worse.

That is a murderer's row of awful, though.
Ross is intentionally ignorant. Annoying AF. Not in Williams’ level, however.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Everyone I know how know Ross thinks very highly of him. They all seem to regard him as intelligent and fairly insightful. I, therefore, assume he's playing to the other talent level on the field. Or doing a "dope from the east side" bit.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Everyone I know how know Ross thinks very highly of him. They all seem to regard him as intelligent and fairly insightful. I, therefore, assume he's playing to the other talent level on the field. Or doing a "dope from the east side" bit.
ok, well he’s supposed to be talking sports and he’s terrible at it.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
His takes on how the university and sports are run are completely useless. My exposure is limited to the Hawk Central podcast, but if he is doing a bit it is absolutely frustrating to listen to.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
His takes on how the university and sports are run are completely useless. My exposure is limited to the Hawk Central podcast, but if he is doing a bit it is absolutely frustrating to listen to.
I don't listen to Hawk Central, because to me he's no different than Jon Miller. He doesn't interact with coaches or players, doesn't do any of the work to build perspective, and instead sits back and lobs shit around as a fan in a recliner. Same with "soundoff," IMO. Hey Guys is a moron, but I'll at least give him credit that he makes the drive and gets his hands a little dirty.

Swingin' Dick Stanzi

Dirty Cheat
Reaction score
I’d venture a guess that 99% of ISU fans can’t name ONE of the 2-4 TE that will be drafted over him.
They’ve gone from good to best in the country already. Impressive
Kolar is pretty good and could be a mid-round draft pick, but they have somehow convinced themselves that Chase Allen and Dylan Soehner are studs. Both players will be seniors this fall, and they have fewer than 400 combined career receiving yards in their six seasons on campus.

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
Heather Burnside. That’s the list “literally”
Heather is really bad. She’s not funny and is not entertaining at all. She somehow conveys RBF over the radio. Travis is who he is and is just a big goof with below average insight. Sean, just like the commercials say, is along for the ride. These people deserve each other.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Kolar is pretty good and could be a mid-round draft pick, but they have somehow convinced themselves that Chase Allen and Dylan Soehner are studs. Both players will be seniors this fall, and they have fewer than 400 combined career receiving yards in their six seasons on campus.
this is what I don’t understand. They have a legit talent in Kolar. But why in the world are they blowing the other two guys?

That shit makes no sense...

and if we want to talk “rooms,” Iowa’s is still light years better at this point. Iowa’s 4 >>>> ISU’s top 4

thrawn

Reaction score
this is what I don’t understand. They have a legit talent in Kolar. But why in the world are they blowing the other two guys?

That shit makes no sense...

and if we want to talk “rooms,” Iowa’s is still light years better at this point. Iowa’s 4 >>>> ISU’s top 4
if you're ranking a position group, the lead guy matters the most, especially at a position where the #3 guy might get a half-dozen snaps a game. Allen (their #2) was a weird choice as all-Big 12, but he would probably still be an above-average starter and obviously a well above-average #2. I'm not going to pretend to know their #3 guy.

But if your starter is a top 5 guy, your backup is probably among the top 25 backups (again, he was above average as a #1), and your #3 has a pulse, I don't think top 10 is unreasonable.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
if you're ranking a position group, the lead guy matters the most, especially at a position where the #3 guy might get a half-dozen snaps a game. Allen (their #2) was a weird choice as all-Big 12, but he would probably still be an above-average starter and obviously a well above-average #2. I'm not going to pretend to know their #3 guy.

But if your starter is a top 5 guy, your backup is probably among the top 25 backups (again, he was above average as a #1), and your #3 has a pulse, I don't think top 10 is unreasonable.
I think in 2 years, LaPorta is at least a similar draft pick to Kolar. I think the other three guys at Iowa right now all have NFL level athletic profiles. Not hard to imagine 2 of the 3 getting drafted in the next 4 years.

ISU has one guy drafted and two other guys that are mediocre at best

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
I think in 2 years, LaPorta is at least a similar draft pick to Kolar. I think the other three guys at Iowa right now all have NFL level athletic profiles. Not hard to imagine 2 of the 3 getting drafted in the next 4 years.

ISU has one guy drafted and two other guys that are mediocre at best
What’s Iowa’s TE record? Last 7?

Yah, they may have a chance.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Who exactly is that middle school girl he's talking to?

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I wasn’t sure it was possible, but now that you lay it out, there is indeed some competition.
chris offers the possibility of feeling even more superior to Iowa State fan than i already do every time he speaks, so he has that going for him, which is more than the rest.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Guys, I can’t believe the refs called Greenway offsides. Also it was an Outback Bowl that no one outside of Iowa and Florida fans (Florida fans probably don’t remember) remember.

thrawn

Reaction score
Guys, I can’t believe the refs called Greenway offsides. Also it was an Outback Bowl that no one outside of Iowa and Florida fans (Florida fans probably don’t remember) remember.
the Florida and Michigan games from that season are the only Iowa games in my life I remember having an opinion of the refs from, and I don’t even remember why we hated the Michigan refs. Iowa State fans seem to have one of those from every other season.

Reaction score
the Florida and Michigan games from that season are the only Iowa games in my life I remember having an opinion of the refs from, and I don’t even remember why we hated the Michigan refs. Iowa State fans seem to have one of those from every other season.
The one that sticks in my mind from the Michigan game is that Jovon Johnson broke on a slant route and picked it off, but was called for PI. This was from off coverage with no contact before that, he just flat out beat the receiver to the ball.

Edit: after further research it appears that the Michigan receiver wrapped him up so he couldn't pick it off.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
* several of those every single season

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
The one that sticks in my mind from the Michigan game is that Jovon Johnson broke on a slant route and picked it off, but was called for PI. This was from off coverage with no contact before that, he just flat out beat the receiver to the ball.

Edit: after further research it appears that the Michigan receiver wrapped him up so he couldn't pick it off.
Correct. The Michigan receiver actually interfered trying to break up the pass. Johnson got called for PI.

As bad as the offsides on the onside kick was in the Outback Bowl, the face mask call on Clinton Solomon might be one of the biggest wtf calls I’ve seen in college football.