Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Reaction score
I’m guessing he will be watching the show in a walker, venatilator, and cushy shoes during the first part of the show. 10 minutes in he’ll be shotgunning beers.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Pollard with the proverbial middle finger to the Story Co Health Board.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
There is no school or AD in America less likely to choose an empty stadium this fall.
If x1% of the fans fear Covid-19, and x2% of fans have comorbidities/obesity, x3% will be farming in October, y% will be pheasant hunting October 26th and z% will be milking their cows and miss 11:00 games, how many tickets should be sold?

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score
:roll:

What a dipshit.

I guess that if your actual football program is one of the worst in America you need to focus on things like your COVID-19 stats.

Our cleaning procedures are #1!!!!

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
This is setting up for one big fucking pwnfest when Purdy gets it and they totally would've beat Iowa if not for that.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
As mentioned, it's inevitably going to break out in most locker rooms. Most highly conditioned 18-23 year-olds won't know they have it, but wouldn't you rather have it now, before practice even starts?

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Unless there is an actual vaccine this fall there isn't going to be college football. I say that as depressed and upset as anyone. 99.8% of athletes will have minimal to no symptoms. But you know it is eventually going to happen that 1 or 2 guys are going to get Covid and get very very sick or even die and it will cause an absolute shit storm.

It may not even take an athlete. The first college kid to die in a dorm this fall is going to set the country reeling.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
Unless there is an actual vaccine this fall there isn't going to be college football. I say that as depressed and upset as anyone. 99.8% of athletes will have minimal to no symptoms. But you know it is eventually going to happen that 1 or 2 guys are going to get Covid and get very very sick or even die and it will cause an absolute shit storm.

It may not even take an athlete. The first college kid to die in a dorm this fall is going to set the country reeling.
More college kids are going to die in butt-chugging incidents than of COVID.

Please leave your buttholes at home for the fall semester.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I don't think it's inevitable at all. There have been a total of 150 deaths for people aged 0-24 in the United States. That is about as statistically insignificant a population as you can get.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score

I completely agree. There will be 10X the alcohol related deaths but it won't matter.

It doesn't help there is the perception these kids are "risking" their health for our entertainment.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
I don't think it's inevitable at all. There have been a total of 150 deaths for people aged 0-24 in the United States. That is about as statistically insignificant a population as you can get.
A quick google search shows 176k D1 athletes. 460k NCAA student athletes. A couple are going to get really sick, maybe worse, and THE MEDIA! will run with it.

Verbal

The Brave Little Poster
Reaction score
I completely agree. There will be 10X the alcohol related deaths but it won't matter.

It doesn't help there is the perception these kids are "risking" their health for our entertainment.
Their entire college education, room and board is being paid for as a result of their participation in this activity. I think we owe it to them to provide a safe opportunity to retain their scholarships, which are not guaranteed and some of which will almost certainly not be honored at schools that can't afford it if they don't play.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
I'm going to wait until the first part of August to actually freak out. Let's see how the MLB and NBA restart goes. If they play and people are healthy and happy we might be ok. If they have outbreaks and have to even think about shutting down, everything is fucked until there is a vaccine.

This recent uptick also needs to be beat down. That is causing a full on shit storm at the moment.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
I'm going to wait until the first part of August to actually freak out. Let's see how the MLB and NBA restart goes. If they play and people are healthy and happy we might be ok. If they have outbreaks and have to even think about shutting down, everything is fucked until there is a vaccine.

This recent uptick also needs to be beat down. That is causing a full on shit storm at the moment.
Texas and Florida.

Debit One

Chad
Reaction score

You know as well as anyone that it's not about statistics ... it's perception.

It's no different than police brutality statistics. Do cops kill more blacks than whites? Well, depending upon how you look at the statistics one could argue that they do not. But it's not a statistically-based argument. You see footage of a white cop unjustifiably kneeling on George Floyd's neck and the fuse is lit.

A player somewhere will end up on a ventilator, and perhaps even die. Kirk Ferentz will have a weepy press conference. ESPN and CNN will have orgasmic coverage. The parents will sue the university.

It will shut down.