Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
College programs will probably have an increase in cases over the summer. If the football season goes south, I think it's more likely because on-campus colleges themselves are the issue, not the athletic programs specifically.

thrawn

Reaction score
Think about every memory from college, now think about how many of them didn’t involve being packed somewhere.

Dorms
Bars
Lecture halls
Parties
Student section
Cambus
Concerts
Hookups

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Yeah college is fucked. As thrawn mentioned college life is based in densely packed settings.

Add to that the average college student is a complete moron who's only goal is to have fun and socialize...all while living as unhealthy a lifestyle as possible. It doesn't set itself up well for a good outcome.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I hope we are working equally diligently to protect these kids from future liver damage.

TH1974

Loves China
Reaction score
Think about every memory from college, now think about how many of them didn’t involve being packed somewhere.

Dorms
Bars
Lecture halls
Parties
Student section
Cambus
Concerts
Hookups
That's the thing. UI has kind of a plan where students and faculty get masks and face shields and are supposed to stay 6' apart and classes over 50 students are all virtual, etc, so in theory, it might be possible to keep things from spreading in the classroom, but you know Brothers and the Airliner, and other places are going to be packed.

CurdMan

TurdMan DDS
Reaction score
Remember how isu fans were fapping themselves off to CMCs recruiting prowess? According to 247, their second best recruit is ranked #14 in Iowa. He didn’t get an offer from Iowa or even Nebrantska, who offers anyone with a pulse. Their best recruit’s best offer was probably Minnesota. Yikes

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Remember how isu fans were fapping themselves off to CMCs recruiting prowess? According to 247, their second best recruit is ranked #14 in Iowa. He didn’t get an offer from Iowa or even Nebrantska, who offers anyone with a pulse. Their best recruit’s best offer was probably Minnesota. Yikes
He’s one game over .500 at Iowa State, though.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Just listened to Miller and Condon. Their upcoming “Great Teams in Iowa History “ was going to look back at the 2002 Iowa State football team. You all recall the elite boys of 2002 that scratched and clawed their way to a 7-7 record. Finished 3rd out of 6 teams in the shitty B12 north, finishing on a 4 game losing streak and a blue field beat down in the bowl game.
@Miller17 and @tcondon. Please explain yourselves!

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Just listened to Miller and Condon. Their upcoming “Great Teams in Iowa History “ was going to look back at the 2002 Iowa State football team. You all recall the elite boys of 2002 that scratched and clawed their way to a 7-7 record. Finished 3rd out of 6 teams in the shitty B12 north, finishing on a 4 game losing streak and a blue field beat down in the bowl game.
They were great for half the season. When there isn’t much to choose from, gotta take a half assed season. Kind of like how their game against Iowa was half-assed.

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
It’s the best ISU has to offer. Has to be a tough gig making chicken salad outta 100 year old chicken shit

tcondon

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Well, it is Iowa State football. Not a ton of options. And we changed it recently to memorable teams in State history, not just great ones. It certainly was memorable. Need to get some sports back, running low on relevant topics.

thrawn

Reaction score
They were great for half the season. When there isn’t much to choose from, gotta take a half assed season. Kind of like how their game against Iowa was half-assed.
They were in the top ten for the first time ever and went down to Oklahoma (who I think was #2), gave up a blocked punt TD inside of 90 seconds, and wound up with like 75 net yards for the game. It was glorious.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
That Iowa- Iowa State game sucked. Except a perfect young lady behind me in the East stands rested her breast on my shoulder most of the game. Then showed them to my group late in the game. Good times.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
In fairness to Miller and Condon, Iowa State has literally never in the 120+ year history of their program had a team that could be considered great, so if there was a desire to include Iowa State at all you have to take what you can get.

thrawn

Reaction score
They were in the top ten for the first time ever and went down to Oklahoma (who I think was #2), gave up a blocked punt TD inside of 90 seconds, and wound up with like 75 net yards for the game. It was glorious.
It was even worse than I remember.

#9 @ #2

45 seconds for the opening TD
60 total yards

Wallace was 4/22 for 43 yards with 3 interceptions

35–0 midway through Q2

The Sooners were so tough to crack that Iowa State couldn't score after recovering a fumble at the Sooners' 1-yard line late in the first half.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
It was even worse than I remember.

#9 @ #2

45 seconds for the opening TD
60 total yards

Wallace was 4/22 for 43 yards with 3 interceptions

35–0 midway through Q2
Won the first 4 minutes of the 3rd quarter though!!!’

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I enjoy that we are talking about a season from 18 years ago. No matter how old, cyclone failure is still delicious.

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Haha I’d forgotten they played A 5 win at the time uconn team on nov 23 at home and lost.

They only beat one opponent that was ranked when they played. #20 Nebrantska at home. Weird season. Mostly failure. Only guess as to why they got to #9 was the Seneca hype along with some other weird shifts in the football quality pecking order. Ultimately they landed back where they belonged.

hawkeyealum

Subscribes to Playboy for the articles
Reaction score
Since I’m blocked on twitter can someone tell me if chris has died yet? COVID has to be hard on his fat ass

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Josh is a great guy. He's delayed. Always been a big sports fan and wanted to announce or be on the radio. From what I've seen him say on Facebook Chris has always been very nice to him.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Josh is a great guy. He's delayed. Always been a big sports fan and wanted to announce or be on the radio. From what I've seen him say on Facebook Chris has always been very nice to him.
I've never known him, but a lot of the Iowa sports media is really nice to him. I've heard Dolph, Rima, and others mention him a number of times, and I think he's basically uniformly given press access by the schools.