Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
To take that further, so what if he only wins 2 or 3 games this year? All that does is set him up perfectly for a bounce back year next year when he wins 6 games and goes to a bowl game. Then that sets everything right back up to think they are finally going to win 10 games the next year and the hype train is full speed again.

Jamie and Iowa State like every other school in the country is at least temporarily broke as shit. Even if they wanted to get rid of him, they don't have the money for the buyout nor could they justify it.

Matt Campbell can go another 10 years at a minimum bouncing between 4 and 8 wins and make like $40m and watch his kids grow up in a small dorkville.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
I wrote this before (big surprise) but I don't think he wants to leave. He is a dork that fits right in with Jamie and the Iowa State culture. We are talking about a guy that was pushing Advocare while coaching a Power 5 team. He doesn't have an agent.

The guy has like 4 little kids and a wife and he can make $4m per year or whatever it is in Ames. He is in zero danger of ever being fired unless he completely tanks.

I think he is very happy right where he is.
You can build a pretty solid house in Ames. Iowa making that kind of dough. Or make that Gilbert.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
To take that further, so what if he only wins 2 or 3 games this year? All that does is set him up perfectly for a bounce back year next year when he wins 6 games and goes to a bowl game. Then that sets everything right back up to think they are finally going to win 10 games the next year and the hype train is full speed again.

Jamie and Iowa State like every other school in the country is at least temporarily broke as shit. Even if they wanted to get rid of him, they don't have the money for the buyout nor could they justify it.

Matt Campbell can go another 10 years at a minimum bouncing between 4 and 8 wins and make like $40m and watch his kids grow up in a small dorkville.
They won’t be FBS in ten years

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
A couple summers ago I played basketball every Friday after work with a couple of my students at the ‘new’ UI rec center. There was some swim event going on with younger kids when we got there and Campbell was just walking back and forth by the windows overlooking the pool. Every other parent was in the stands.

90 minutes he was just pacing while people were playing basketball. If he was worried about any attention he would get sitting in the bleachers by a swimming pool on his biggest rivals campus surrounded by fellow Ames people, then he probably isn’t cut out for the attention he would get any a program that is worth a shit.

thrawn

Reaction score
I wrote this before (big surprise) but I don't think he wants to leave. He is a dork that fits right in with Jamie and the Iowa State culture. We are talking about a guy that was pushing Advocare while coaching a Power 5 team. He doesn't have an agent.

The guy has like 4 little kids and a wife and he can make $4m per year or whatever it is in Ames. He is in zero danger of ever being fired unless he completely tanks.

I think he is very happy right where he is.
He lived in Ohio his entire life before Iowa State other than one year at Pitt, he does seem like a very Midwest non-jobhopper guy.

JD720

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
2 of their previous 3 coaches had similar success as Campbell at some point and still ended up getting fired. It’s certainly plausible for him too.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
As I told Cyclone Fanatic five years ago, ISU should have hired Kirk’s son, Brian Ferentz

FrodoTBaggin

Balding and Demands Accuracy
Reaction score
The other thing that I think Iowa fans and especially Kirk Ferentz have realized the last 4-5 years is the key to sustaining success and breaking through is that you have to take care of your non-conference games.

The difference between 8 and 10 wins is massive yet simple at the same time. If you want to win at that level, don't lose to teams like UNI and Louisiana.
I feel like Brian has helped to quell coin flip Kirk quite a bit.

Pedro

Athletic Lumberjack
Reaction score
2 of their previous 3 coaches had similar success as Campbell at some point and still ended up getting fired. It’s certainly plausible for him too.
The school also has to be in a situation where they can replace him with a better candidate for similar money. I don't see them offering up more money for another unproven coach.

Because let's be honest here, they aren't getting some big name, or even mediocre named, coach to go there.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
The best case for ISU was probably that Campbell leave after their Alamo Bowl loss. You might remember that game, where they lost even though they won the hearts and minds of America.

Their only, narrow path is that a coach builds a little something and leaves, and then another young coach steps in and is able to quickly build off a higher platform, and then does the same thing. Instead, they miss their window and end up stuck with a middling coach who can’t sustain.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
The best case for ISU was probably that Campbell leave after their Alamo Bowl loss. You might remember that game, where they lost even though they won the hearts and minds of America.

Their only, narrow path is that a coach builds a little something and leaves, and then another young coach steps in and is able to quickly build off a higher platform, and then does the same thing. Instead, they miss their window and end up stuck with a middling coach who can’t sustain.
No, they won the Alamo Bowl

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
Campbell has made some odd staff decisions, but the worst was letting stupid cyclone license plate fan run the twitter account.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
Can you put the link for that in please. I know some people that need to see it.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

14-0

CycloneFanatic: Let down game for Louisiana
Their elimination pool lost 1/3 of their players due to Big 12 ineptitude last week.

And about 25% of the remaining players appear to have taken ULL this week.

So ULL will crush their hopes twice in the first 2 weeks. lmao

The Incredible Hawk

Will Spineboard You
Reaction score
/csb alert:

A friend of mine got engaged this week and seeing her pictures on Facebook I thought, man that guy looks really familiar. Turns out he is the DC for ULL. I told her she picked a good dude.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
/csb alert:

A friend of mine got engaged this week and seeing her pictures on Facebook I thought, man that guy looks really familiar. Turns out he is the DC for ULL. I told her she picked a good dude.
Hope she’s not attached to Lafayette...I don’t think he’ll be there long.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
I was really hoping for a hold call on #58 on that one.

Nigeria

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
A couple summers ago I played basketball every Friday after work with a couple of my students at the ‘new’ UI rec center. There was some swim event going on with younger kids when we got there and Campbell was just walking back and forth by the windows overlooking the pool. Every other parent was in the stands.

90 minutes he was just pacing while people were playing basketball. If he was worried about any attention he would get sitting in the bleachers by a swimming pool on his biggest rivals campus surrounded by fellow Ames people, then he probably isn’t cut out for the attention he would get any a program that is worth a shit.
I saw Matt Campbell at a Hyvee in Ames yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
I saw Matt Campbell at a Hyvee in Ames yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Puff, puff, pass whatever you are smoking.