Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I saw Matt Campbell at a Hyvee in Ames yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Uhhhhh...

thrawn

Reaction score
I saw Matt Campbell at a Hyvee in Ames yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
what

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Sept 1- UNI
Sept 7- IOWA
Sept 24- OKLA
Oct 2- TTECH
Oct 9- KANSAS
Oct 16- TCU
Oct 23- WVU
Nov 1- TEXAS

ISU is tough in OCT

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
I suppose if you’re aiming for 4 wins, you could pick any month

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
What “style of play” doesn’t work when the weather is best?

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
When we play the teams with the least resources, like G5 schools and UNI, and when the weather is best, they just can’t move the ball. It’s only later that their Bob Seger against-the-wind offense can work.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Imagine that he not only has a wife that wants to fuck him but a young employee as well.

Incredible. What a country.

Truant

Beta Male Tag-Along-Fuck
Reaction score
It’s an onomatopoeia

making a human sound out of an animal sound

A couple of my kids took a class with a naturalist many years ago that was an expert on frogs. At one point he asked all of the kids what sound a frog makes. They all responded with ribbit, of course. He made them repeat after him..."it depends on the frog". He went on to teach them all kinds of frog calls from peepers to bull frogs and the kids laughed and copied all of the calls. At the end he said no frogs say ribbit. I never gave it much thought until now, but here it is leaking out of my head at 12:00 on a Sunday night.

Last edited:

Jimmie Dimmick

Dog Crap Litterer
Reaction score
A couple of my kids took a class with a naturalist many years ago that was an expert on frogs. At one point he asked all of the kids what sound a frog makes. They all responded with ribbit of course. He made them repeat after him..."it depends on the frog". He went on to teach them all kinds of frog calls from peepers to bull frogs and the kids laughed and copied all of the calls. At the end he said no frogs say ribbit. I never gave it much thought until now, but here it is leaking out of my head at 12:00 on a Sunday night.
We of not so much sleep think off fucked use shit.

my girl hunted frogs and toads at my last place because they would explode after a hard rain. She would be gone for hours “rescuing “. The amphibians

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
So CyTwins is doing his Iowa plays a weak schedule thing again, so I thought I would go see what the data says about this.

Site below has Final SOS for the last 17 Season. In the last 17 years, Iowa has played a tougher schedule than Iowa State 11 times. In each of those 11 seasons, Iowa State finished the season unranked, presumably lowering Iowa's SOS.

Iowa State has had a tougher schedule just 6 times in the last 17 years. 2 of the 6, Iowa finished ranked in the AP Top 25, presumably improving the Cyclones final SOS.

Avg SOS for the last 17 Seasons:
Iowa - 34th
Iowa State - 44th

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Keep in mind that, nearly every year, ISU gets a bigger boost to their SOS due to the Cy-Hawk game.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Keep in mind that, nearly every year, ISU gets a bigger boost to their SOS due to the Cy-Hawk game.
Accounted for (ish)

Not sure what you go by for seasons where Iowa did not finish in the AP Top 25

thrawn

Reaction score
Accounted for (ish)

Not sure what you go by for seasons where Iowa did not finish in the AP Top 25
the rankings you list aren't going to include anything from the AP, they just average (possibly with some weighting) your opponents. Iowa has had the better team every year other than 2012 and maybe 2011.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
That's always been the most obvious point. I loved how in 2015 Iowa State fans (including my oft-documented dipshit Cyclone cousins) loved to try to rub it in Iowa fans' faces whenever someone dogged Iowa for their SOS in an undefeated season. Like, you fucking morons you went 3-9. You're WHY Iowa's SOS sucked.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
the rankings you list aren't going to include anything from the AP, they just average (possibly with some weighting) your opponents. Iowa has had the better team every year other than 2012 and maybe 2011.
The AP Ranking was only to point out that in years where Iowa has the better SOS, Iowa State was NEVER ranked in the final AP poll, presumably pulling down Iowa's final SOS. Conversely, Iowa was ranked in the final AP 1/3rd of the time that Iowa State had the tougher final season SOS; presumably improving that ranking.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
That's always been the most obvious point. I loved how in 2015 Iowa State fans (including my oft-documented dipshit Cyclone cousins) loved to try to rub it in Iowa fans' faces whenever someone dogged Iowa for their SOS in an undefeated season. Like, you fucking morons you went 3-9. You're WHY Iowa's SOS sucked.
Iowa played 12 power 5 teams that year out of their 14 games.

It was a remarkably stupid “argument.”