Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

ISUFan98

The Captain of Team Dumbfuck
Reaction score
I seriously have no idea, where would he be drafted?
I'm spitballing here, but as of now probably somewhere in the fourth round. He's a little bigger than AJ Klein, and fits in at a similar position, but I think Rose is better overall.

ClintWalker

Once visited Minnesota
Reaction score
Good team, tied their best ever record for a season, only got trounced once. Won a couple close games that could have gone either way, didn't have to play Iowa. Really good year for them but a top 10 team? They had a top 25 type season good for them. Now the hard part, trying to do it again and that's not likely no matter who they have coming back.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
It was about a six second search, but I’ve yet to find a single draft watcher/predictor who has him as a draft prospect. Maybe they just all assume he’s returning, so they don’t list him at all.
The few that I've seen in my 6 minute search suggest he'd be a 6th rounder.

Last edited:

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
Oh no, a 6'7" TE that can only garner 16 catches is coming back, I'm terrified
You shouldn't be scared, it's just football. But there is a ton of value in getting a 6th year player back that's an high-level blocker and a serviceable pass option.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I didn’t see any, but fine. Maybe he’s a very late round guy, which isn’t the type of guy whose announcement is anticipated with baited breath. It’s a kid who is excited in the moment, doing the usual post bowl “next year” thing, not a real announcement of any kind.

It reminded me a little of Ozzie Guillen announcing, during the White Sox victory parade, that he was coming back the next year. Sure, he could’ve quit while on top or taken a different job, but it was an answer to a question was really asking.

Czarcasm

Reaction score
I didn’t see any, but fine. Maybe he’s a very late round guy, which isn’t the type of guy whose announcement is anticipated with baited breath. It’s a kid who is excited in the moment, doing the usual post bowl “next year” thing, not a real announcement of any kind.

It reminded me a little of Ozzie Guillen announcing, during the White Sox victory parade, that he was coming back the next year. Sure, he could’ve quit while on top or taken a different job, but it was an answer to a question was really asking.
He was asked a question by a reporter and responded. He didn't call a presser, didn't have a graphic ready to share on twitter. He was the Big 12 defensive player of the year and fans are excited he's coming back. This is a really dumb hill you're dying on.

Mo T

Carnie Profiler
Reaction score
I don't completely disagree. But Rose announcing he's coming back is more news than someone like Sargent announcing he's leaving for the draft, IMO

nolookpass

Feels the Bern
Reaction score
Next years ISU-Iowa game will be the most hyped game they've ever had.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
I don't completely disagree. But Rose announcing he's coming back is more news than someone like Sargent announcing he's leaving for the draft, IMO
Fair.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Why are people tryna make the Walmart Iowa fan thing stick. Its Walmart Wolverines which is good. Walmart Iowa fan is lame and unoriginal. Tavern Hok is soooo much better.

It's all matte black uniform shit...