Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Greg Obrecht

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Doing some research this morning about Iowa's best coach in history and Hayden Frys best team finished 10th in the AP poll. Matt Campbell will surpass that achievement in just year 5 in Ames. Really puts things into perspective just how elite Matt Campbell is

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
I’m assuming that’s CyTwins. He’s a special kind of CyFan. Not worth even entertaining all the things in his head.

SuperHans

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
I don’t trust LaCanfora. Sure maybe they’re doing the due diligence on Campbell but I have a hard time seeing the New York Jets hiring a coach from a college in Iowa. Especially after the Gase debacle and how Gase handled the press there. Toledo and Iowa State do not resonate at all with their fans.

Reaction score
I still think despite him being a weirdo and liking Ames he does have a big ego that eventually Iowa state won't be able to stroke enough.

Alan Lomax

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
If he has two brain cells to rub together he’s talking to Ferentz’s agent and Ferentz about how to swing this to stay in ames forever.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
Not really a surprise. Some NFL jobs would obviously be appealing. NYJ is not one of them.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
Iowa State is a decent team, but holy shit they are all so far out over their skis.

This is still a team that lost 3 games while also winning like 4 games that were coin flips during a weird pandemic season. Should have lost at TCU, held on to beat a bad Baylor team, given a gift by Tom Herman at Texas.

They are about to find out what it is like to be the hunted and how that is a lot different than what they are used to. I won't be shocked to see a 2010 Iowa style letdown next year.

newsbreaker

Dickfart
Reaction score
That’s because it doesn’t make any sense. It’s a thing people repeat just because.