Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Stu Beagle

Has Tiny Onions
Reaction score
it may have been true back in the day. And you could argue it’s important to have at least one relevant program in the state, but having two doesn’t do anything.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
No one who has ever said “good for the state” has ever been able to define exactly how it’s good. At most it makes some ISU fans happy but reality is that it’s a minority of people who care about this at all.
Because it brings the state some good recognition nationally, which is nice when the main headlines coming out of Iowa are related to Steve King and the other embarrassing politicians. Or the guy from Des Moines that led the charge into the capitol building.

Reaction score
Iowa State is a decent team, but holy shit they are all so far out over their skis.

This is still a team that lost 3 games while also winning like 4 games that were coin flips during a weird pandemic season. Should have lost at TCU, held on to beat a bad Baylor team, given a gift by Tom Herman at Texas.

They are about to find out what it is like to be the hunted and how that is a lot different than what they are used to. I won't be shocked to see a 2010 Iowa style letdown next year.
None of this should surprise you. This is a program that was on the cusp of greatness in 6-6 seasons and captured the attention of the nation at 7-5. Nothing about the response to a win in a bizarre NY6 bowl should come as a surprise

Alan Lomax

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
None of this should surprise you. This is a program that was on the cusp of greatness in 6-6 seasons and captured the attention of the nation at 7-5. Nothing about the response to a win in a bizarre NY6 bowl should come as a surprise
Fortunately, I have just the thing of you find yourself in conversation with one of these crazies. “Yeah yeah, whatever. Covid season don’t count.”

thrawn

Reaction score
Because it brings the state some good recognition nationally, which is nice when the main headlines coming out of Iowa are related to Steve King and the other embarrassing politicians. Or the guy from Des Moines that led the charge into the capitol building.
See for example the positive non-sports opinion everyone has of the states of Alabama and South Carolina due to their college football success.

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
Shocker that those that have resided in Iowa for their whole lives don't get it.

Reaction score
Eisworth back too. What the fuck are these guys thinking?

God I would love a hawkeye win in Ames next year with seemingly their entire team returning.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
It’s completely the opposite. I don’t live in Iowa, which is how I know that no one outside the state gives a shit about whether there are one or two decent football programs in it.
You also live in Illinois, so you wouldn't know what a decent football team looked like if it landed on your head

Has His Own Office
Reaction score
It’s completely the opposite. I don’t live in Iowa, which is how I know that no one outside the state gives a shit about whether there are one or two decent football programs in it.
Listen. I enjoy your brother on here so I will take it easy on you. But living in the far flung Chicago suburbs is essentially living in Iowa.

thrawn

Reaction score
Blue states have one full and two half national titles in the last 30 years while cousin fucking states have the rest, but tell us more about how Iowa State’s success in a conference of Trump states is rehabilitating the state’s image.

Last edited:

Greg Obrecht

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Was a critical turning point for football in the state of Iowa... so will be the 20s. Let the degenerates hang on to history. So glad we have the future to hold instead of the dead and dark past. Don't let these skeletons drag you into the grave. Onward Cyclone faithful! It's the 70s again!
The 70’s!

ISU’s record in the 70’s was 57-56-1

Elite

Reaction score
The 70’s!

ISU’s record in the 70’s was 57-56-1

Elite
Lol at the new thread about five star players and five star culture, these stupid fuckers, I just can’t

With everything going on returning 20 of 23 players. I’m drinking the Koolaid, if we have couple more really good years and we start to see the benefits, getting higher rated recruits that fit the Campbell Mold.

Could you imagine what it would be like to have what Bama has 5* Culture and 5* players, not saying we will ever be at that level but are highly rated recruits could make the difference.

Reaction score
They can’t even get the best kids from Iowa and this is the shit they spew. It’d be like us thinking we might become the next Duke because we have a good basketball team this year.

But it’s actually worse than that because they lost 3 games (in a fucked up year where they missed Iowa and nothing was normal) and act like it’s some insanely impressive accomplishment.

douglasbader

Posts “Hawks by a million” on Facebook
Reaction score
It's annoying, but will make it oh so sweet if Iowa beats them in September. I truly think half the stadium might be so whipped up in a frenzy that a loss could lead to mass seppuku.

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
20 of 22 starters returning. Shirley they’ll have reasonable expectations and recognize there is a difference between being the hunter and the hunted.