Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
It’s quite breathtaking. It’s the typical clone off-season rah rah thing, but much more enhanced.

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Not enough to be happy about their fortune last season and enjoy it- automatically means even better things next year. Look out Alabama....

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
How many times in just the KF era alone has Iowa returned significantly better personnel and failed to “live up to the hype” or be a NY6 team?

Saul Berkley

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
How many times in just the KF era alone has Iowa returned significantly better personnel and failed to “live up to the hype” or be a NY6 team?
2010 immediately comes to mind. 2005 as well. One could maybe even argue 2016.

KitKatApples

NW Season Ticket Holder (except IA games)
Reaction score
Returned significantly better personnel might be debatable

cloudhawk

Special
Reaction score
Iowa State thinking they have a better than barely a chance of beating Oklahoma or Texas in any season should be a federal crime.

Reaction score
In 2010, Iowa was returning an offense that had averaged 336 yards and a quarterback with 56% completion % and a 17-15 TD-Int ratio. The offense had lost an All-Big 10 guard, a first round LT, a 5th-year center and ST who made 2nd team ABT and 3rd round, ABT TE.
The defense had lost a second rounder, All-American LB and a 4th round LB. Also lost an All-Big 10, 3rd round corner.
Maybe not the greatest losses in terms of quantity, but tremendous in quality.

I guess the strengths were the pro DL, 3 good returning running backs and senior safeties. Only two ABT guys returned.

ISU lost a very good DE and a corner.(?) How many All-Conference guys return? The 2020 offense gained 95 yards a game more than the defense allowed. All-Conference QB, All-American RB.

If this isn't a year for the ages, there may never be one.

Last edited:

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
In 2010, Iowa was returning an offense that had averaged 336 yards and a quarterback with 56% completion % and a 17-15 TD-Int ratio. The offense had lost an All-Big 10 guard, a first round LT, a 5th-year center and 3rd round TE.
The defense had lost a second rounder and All-American LB and a 4th round LB. Also lost an All-Big 10 and 3rd round corner.
Not the greatest losses in terms of quantity, but tremendous in quality.I

Beyond

I guess the strengths were the pro DL, 3 good returning running backs and senior safeties.

ISU lost a very good DE and a corner.(?)

counterpoint- Iowa state sucks cocks and their fans have sex with farm animals.

Reaction score
In 2010, Iowa was returning an offense that had averaged 336 yards and a quarterback with 56% completion % and a 17-15 TD-Int ratio. The offense had lost an All-Big 10 guard, a first round LT, a 5th-year center and ST who made 2nd team ABT and 3rd round, ABT TE.
The defense had lost a second rounder, All-American LB and a 4th round LB. Also lost an All-Big 10, 3rd round corner.

I guess the strengths were the pro DL, 3 good returning running backs and senior safeties. Only two ABT guys returned.

ISU lost a very good DE and a corner.(?) How many All-Conference guys return? The 2020 offense gained 95 yards a game more than the defense allowed. All-Conference QB, All-American RB.

ISU didn’t have those horses to begin with. Whos a potential first or even second round pick ? Dont say Hall. They are the Big 12 version of one of jNWs “breakout” years.

Reaction score
ISU didn’t have those horses to begin with. Whos a potential first or even second round pick ? Dont say Hall. They are the Big 12 version of one of jNWs “breakout” years.
Nobody. But a ton of experience and a bunch of All-Conference players from the conference they play in should portend good things. They are, afterr all, playing college football, in a conference doesn't look to be very strong unless maybe K State rebounds in a big way and teams like West Virginia and Oklahoma State are more than their usual limited selves. It will be hilarious if it doesn't happen, but I'll save my chortling for then.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Variance is their enemy, and their margin for error is none, but it isn’t that hard to see them winning ten games and playing in the NY6 again. If they’re dreaming of a playoff, though, they’re dreaming. Brock Purdy will throw them right out of that.

Reaction score
I mean if BF was going up against 3 down lineman, drop 8 fronts every play we'd look amazing on offense too.
I can't help but wish, however, that in the '18 and '19 games facing such a setup, he could have engineered something more amazing than 31 points, 5.8 yards per pass and 2.95 yards per rush.

6deuce

Reformed Fatass
Reaction score
I hope they ass rape UNI and UNLV and come in overly confident and Iowa skull fucks them.

Or they start 0-3. I’d be fine with that too.

SuperHans

goes by the name "Ashton"
Reaction score

If Iowa State goes undefeated and wins the Big 12 they should be left out of the playoff.

Gushawk

Likely a Russian Bot Account
Reaction score
I had a terrible dream that they beat us 44-42 on a two point conversion.

I know Phil won’t let that happen, and think there’s a decent chance our D smothers them and pwns Brock hard.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
I had a terrible dream that they beat us 44-42 on a two point conversion.

I know Phil won’t let that happen, and think there’s a decent chance our D smothers them and pwns Brock hard.
I’d be shocked if ISU scored 44...but I’m certain Iowa’s not scoring 42.