Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Herky823

5 Shirt Larry
Reaction score
Given what he has done, I’d say he’d have had a good chance to do well with a number of QBs. Rodgers, Brady, Wilson, Allen, Watson, Brees a couple years ago. Doesn’t feel like a fit for KC but you get the idea. Not a guy who you’d say would have for sure made it anywhere but certainly multiple places he can be a good # 2 or 3.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Why do you think he wasnt?
Because he wasn't deemed fast or sure handed enough. He's had some drop issues, but has shown he's fast enough in pads and smart enough to get separation and get open.

Herbie2

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Yes, and I'd say his career has played out to say he probably should have been
He played in one game his rookie season, which is a pretty good sign he wasn't ready for the NFL when he came out of college, which is why he wasn't drafted.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
@eclone serious question, do you think Iowa State breaks the 1st round drought next year. If yes, who will it be?

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Breece is pretty good, but he’s not generational RB which he should be if he’s a first round guy

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
I think Campbell is good. At worst he would get paid a ton if he left. I just think it’s funny how the fanbase that thinks Kirk is some sort of racist fraud is suddenly all about “the process” and “making kids successful in life”. I mean Campbell probably bought the Iowa playbook from Ryan Loftin

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
@eclone serious question, do you think Iowa State breaks the 1st round drought next year. If yes, who will it be?
No. Hall is not the type of athletic freak that a RB needs to be more to be a first round pick. Same goes for Rose. Both highly productive but not athletically special to get drafted at positions that aren’t where teams are looking to use there first rounders. Kolar is the same but even a notch lower. McDonald is the only one that might have a chance with improvement and luck since edge rusher is more of a premium draft position. Purdy will be lucky to get drafted.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
If an ISU guy goes in the first round it's going to be some lineman that has a huge year. If you look at all of the guys that their fans typically talk about as potential first rounders, none of them are good enough for their positions to go in the first.

Purdy? LOL

Hall is legit good, but there were only two first round RBs this year, Etienne and Harris. In 2020 the only first round RB was Edwards-Helaire.

Same with Kolar. He'll get drafted, but I think ISU fans have too high of expectations for him after watching Hockensen and Fant both go in the first round. Pitts from Florida is the only first round TE in the last 2 years since the Iowa guys both went in 2019.

Rose is good but again not enough of a freak to go in the first.

They've got a bunch of guys who could go the second day, but I'd be moderately surprised to see them have a first rounder next year.

Reactions: BBK

WCFHawkeye

actually likes the XFL
Reaction score
Let's do The Giant Douche. Rutgers has more than twice as many draftees as Iowa State. Iowa would be in second behind Oklahoma if Iowa were in the Big 12. Iowa has 4 less tight ends drafted than Iowa State has from every single position totaled.

Last edited:

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It is also not including someone like Niemann that has had a great career after being undrafted.

thrawn

Reaction score
It is also not including someone like Niemann that has had a great career after being undrafted.
It’s not a compliant/criticism, it honestly just seems like they’ve had more than 8 LBs drafted.

I just for whatever reason they’ve had a bunch of 3 or 4-year starters so there’s just less turnover.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
It’s not a compliant/criticism, it honestly just seems like they’ve had more than 8 LBs drafted.

I just for whatever reason they’ve had a bunch of 3 or 4-year starters so there’s just less turnover.
Iowa has basically had a bunch of solid mostly white guys that played a lot or had good senior seasons but (besides Niemann) weren't the type that get much of a shot or stick in the NFL. Klinkenborg, Morris, Niemann, Bower, Welch, Fisher, Hockaday, etc...

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I think Lazard wasn’t drafted because he’s too slow with iffy hands. I think he is successful with the Packers because he’s a very good blocking wr in the scheme and in that position his speed can be enough. Also, he’s excellent at the scramble drill coming back to the ball. Probably the best on the team. That’s absolutely huge with Rodgers at qb.

Creed

Wears Adult-Sized Underoos
Reaction score
Let's do The Giant Douche. Rutgers has more than twice as many draftees as Iowa State. Iowa would be in second behind Oklahoma if Iowa were in the Big 12. Iowa has 4 less tight ends drafted than Iowa State has from every single position totaled.
I fucking hate Wisconsin. Iowa is so evenly matched with them with the exception of offensive skill players and that pisses me off.