Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Talkin' Goat

Lothario
Reaction score
“Everywhere we go beer is sold out.”

I blame myself. I didn’t think they could pull it off in Las Vegas. I have to assume planes are off in all directions looking for any kind of beer to somehow someway satisfy this takeover that’s just occurred.

thrawn

Reaction score
Iowa fans drank a couple bars out of beer in Indianapolis in 2015, and ever since these dorks think they have been drinking THE ENTIRE CITY out of beer at every road game and bowl game that Iowa State plays in.
They drank Phoenix out of EVERYTHING at the 2000 Insight Bowl. There wasn’t a drop of alcohol left in the city. LEGENDARY.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
Saw JP going for a run down the strip this morning. He’s a better man than me, I get frustrated just trying to walk around the slow ass people not paying attention, let alone run around them.

Also note to the ISU fans over 50: you’re no longer in Iowa so there isn’t a law saying your t-shirt needs to be tucked into your pants here.

HiG 2.0

DolphinAngerHawk
Reaction score
Las Vegas, one of the top party cities in America, can’t handle the masses of Iowa Stare fans invading their city. They’ve never seen anything like it!

Not even for Leonard vs. Hearns.

Unorecedented!!!!!1!!!

Working very hard!!!1! Thank you!1!1!

BngHawk

Nextdoor Mod
Reaction score
Push back on their BS and you get the classic tavern hok!!!! Thing.

Quite an exchange about graduate degrees and dumb shit between these two dorks. Asked them if they’re gonna fuck. They need to be beaten with a dildo.

Reaction score
I've read a lot of back and forth about GaTech potential to the I am a giant douche. As a buffer and to infiltrate, to some extent, SEC country. There are probably a million reasons why, but wouldn't ISU be the same deal for the SEC to infiltrate I am a giant douche country in the future? Isn't ISU a bigger fan base than GaTech? Granted, Iowa is not a population giant like Georgia but we also don't compete against the Braves, Falcons, and Hawks (well not those Hawks).

Not that I expect an SEC invite anytime soon but why isn't this a thing? We have no "value" yes, I know. We are contiguous with Missouri so we'd be less on an island than we are now.

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Mrs Newsy’s big trade show is at Mandalay every other spring. It draws about the same sized crowd as ISU is bringing this weekend, and if you don’t leave the resort, it can feel like half the people there are wearing the little badges.

But then you go to any other place in the city and you can’t find anyone. These people are dorks who should never leave home.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Tonight so much busier than last night.
Many, many restaurants had full houses/didn't take reservations.

I have a feeling with this new stadium that teams will want to do a home and home with UNLV.

Definitely trying to make up for not being able to be at the Fiesta.
How about it, Hawk fans. Who’s ready for a home and home series with UNLV?

Bovert

Fat ISU Fan
Reaction score
Having this game/road trip immediately after last week's beatdown is really a blessing for them. Lets them remind themselves how awesome they are as a fan base and forget about how slightly above average their football team is

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Having this game/road trip immediately after last week's beatdown is really a blessing for them. Lets them remind themselves how awesome they are as a fan base and forget about how slightly above average their football team is
And how their team quit and everyone left.

Reaction score
Why do they do this? It is just so strange. Who do they think they are impressing with this stuff? Having fun and going to see your team play is fun, but, all the made up stuff is weird. I already know the answer

Vegas is great and all, but, guessing the atmosphere in Happy Valley or Gainesville is better. Lowest donations in the Big 12, but, they are self proclaimed "great fans"

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Vegas would be a lot of fun, because Vegas is fun. Playing in that bowl game would be fun, once.

People can go to Vegas whenever though. I’d rather not spend a night there on a football game, but you do you.

They’re acting like they’ve turned a sleepy nowhere into a destination, and like Iowa couldn’t schedule UNLV tomorrow if we wanted.

Reaction score

I have a feeling with this new stadium that teams will want to do a home and home with UNLV.

Maybe because of the iHeart music festival is going on.

newsbreaker

Reaction score

Maybe because of the iHeart music festival is going on.
Theres always something.

Doug, when you were just there, we’re restaurants still taking limited reservations? We booked a couple places for dinner in advance, because we’d heard they were limited due to short staffing, and a couple of them told us they were only taking 75% capacity because they can’t cover all the tables.

douglasbader

Said Tom Brady's Career Was Over in 2008
Reaction score
Theres always something.

Doug, when you were just there, we’re restaurants still taking limited reservations? We booked a couple places for dinner in advance, because we’d heard they were limited due to short staffing, and a couple of them told us they were only taking 75% capacity because they can’t cover all the tables.
There were no limited reservations at any of the Caesar's and Forum Shop restaurants that I saw, only a couple places like Searsucker still closed because of labor shortage.

The Dad

Legitimately bald forever and stupid looking
Reaction score
My in-laws are always bragging on the stupidest shit.

We play this popular song at our stadium and all the students get up and dance…

Uh….every single fucking school in America does that!!!!!

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
My in-laws are always bragging on the stupidest shit.

We play this popular song at our stadium and all the students get up and dance…

Uh….every single fucking school in America does that!!!!!
Some things that some teams do really are cool, jump around is cool. I think the Hypnotize thing at night with phone lights is cool. My viewing of college football has been greatly limited the last decade or so, is jump around not done anywhere else? Like it’s recognized as Wisconsin’s thing an no one else does it?

Reaction score
Some things that some teams do really are cool, jump around is cool. I think the Hypnotize thing at night with phone lights is cool. My viewing of college football has been greatly limited the last decade or so, is jump around not done anywhere else? Like it’s recognized as Wisconsin’s thing an no one else does it?
Other places might play it but it’s a pretty well known “thing” that Wisconsin plays it at the beginning of the 4th quarter, which is what ISU also did.

Vacations at the Wisconsin Dells
Reaction score
I don't normally keep tabs on Iowa State and their fans, but I gotta say this "ISU takes over Vegas" shit has made me laugh a couple times. They are fitting their stereotype so well.