Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
Nick Saban asking members of the media if they’ve ever played sports is exactly what I think whenever I read a tweet from the lil’ cowpoke after an Iowa State loss about how the Cyclones had more total yards or yards per play or some other inane stat.
And it's just as stupid when you think it as when Saban says it.

Reaction score
And it's just as stupid when you think it as when Saban says it.
I don’t think someone has to have played a sport to write or commentate effectively on it.

However, there are absolutely times when media types who didn’t play make it very clear via their commentary that there are some things they just don’t get. The lil’ cowpoke’s obsession with meaningless stats is a clear example of this.

TAIhawk

Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Is it just me or does that kid look like he wants nothing to do with that belt…. As though he realizes it’s along the lines of being the valedictorian of summer school?…. That outside of your mom, nobody really gives a shit? But yet, there you are, having to stand there with everybody pretending to believe that you are worth anything at all in your pathetic, pitiful existence and future life of emptiness and despair

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I’m Kyle Oppenhuizen, a lifelong Iowa State fan. I am documenting my journey to attend every game of the 2021 season, with plans to publish a book about the most anticipated season in school history. Preseason expectations, fan excitement at an all-time high, and the ability to attend games after a season of social distancing added up to this being the perfect storm to go all-in on the 2021 season as a fan. Join me on this journey to experiencing every suspenseful, exciting and heartbreaking moment in this Cyclone season. Below is my recap from the UNLV game. You can find more blog posts on my website, where you can also sign up for updates.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Cyclones vs The World! This time, we won. More like Cyclones vs one of the worst teams in college football. Where do these people come from?

thrawn

Reaction score
Man, just go to all the games and enjoy yourself. Let the Register which is already writing articles and taking pictures publish the book if they actually have a great season.

L. Wade Childress

Too stupid to be real
Reaction score
To quote “the Dad”; “their existence is a constant flail for relevance”……perhaps the single most accurate description of the entire cyclone fan base I’ve ever read
Ivan is a good guy. That’s harsh.

oh wait you were still talking ISU

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
Man, just go to all the games and enjoy yourself. Let the Register which is already writing articles and taking pictures publish the book if they actually have a great season.
But you’re very smart and interesting if you’re writing a book. Otherwise, you’re just a dope following the worst program in history around.

Hawk24

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
This showed up in my Twitter feed just now. That pic scared the shit out of me.

eclone

Former VEISHEA Exec Committee Member
Reaction score
at least Baylor doesn’t get trolled by McDonald’s when they go all gold

Word is that Campbell HATES the gold on gold look as much as he LOVES the black jerseys. So thankfully don't expect to see those abominations again any time soon.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Word is that he’s going to take the Penn St job after Franklin bolts because that dark blue/white combo is close enough to the black/white he so adores.

SteadyEddy

HaLo Walk-on
Reaction score
Word is that Campbell HATES the gold on gold look as much as he LOVES the black jerseys. So thankfully don't expect to see those abominations again any time soon.
These aren't great, but they are probably your best uniform combos. They actually look somewhat unique too. Your coach is a meathead so he'll probably stick with the generic no connection to the school black unis.

Reaction score
Just read it and it was everything I expected but somehow even more so.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Quickly scrolling through the replies, I didn't see a single one of those pig fucking mouth breathers call out inability to spell. On brand.

May have missed one but I was getting stupid reading their replies.

Reaction score
I did not make it through the rest. What is that 30,000 words to describe a low rent trip to Vegas to watch your team win a complete mismatch?

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
It’s so cute they think that they’re looking at the things networks care about. And that the singular most successful run in school history is something to base this decision on.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
No other team would bring this many people to Vegas!!!

(mainly because they wouldn’t have to schedule a non-con vs UNLV).
Imagine what a dismal track record of success you would have to have as a program to be excited for a trip to Vegas vs a non-P5 team