Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

thrawn

Reaction score
If you had added a qualifier of “fewer than 10 wins every season” you could have had a list of just CMC (Coach Matt Campbell)

newsbreaker

Got the top grade in his torts class
Reaction score
WHO isn't as bad as ABC 5, which is half as bad as KXNO.

I get the sense Murph and Andy were better than the two drive-time shows, but half their drive time hosts are 100% maximum ISU hype at all times. Then Andy just wishes people would be reasonable. Start looking at home, dude.

Mountain Hawk

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
WHO isn't as bad as ABC 5, which is half as bad as KXNO.

I get the sense Murph and Andy were better than the two drive-time shows, but half their drive time hosts are 100% maximum ISU hype at all times. Then Andy just wishes people would be reasonable. Start looking at home, dude.
Everybody at WHO always seemed to be on the ISU SID payroll. Except for Zabel, but I couldn't listen to him because he always seemed to be calling another game from what he was watching.

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Bad news for baby Blum.

After being SO PROUD of ISU’s bowl game ratings, that number was smoked, twice, on Thursday.

Purdue/Tennessee topped 5.5M, and the Peach Bowl over 7.6M.

Huh.

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
I’m not saying, I’m just saying.

If some of you remember how Clemson football was seen just 10 years ago. They were the program that was solid, won some big games, but always ended up 'Clemsoning' or blowing big games and could never take the next step. In Dabo's 7th year, they ended up making the championship game for the first time, the first of a few appearances in a short span. I am not comparing us to Clemson or saying we will make the natty this year. Simply saying that it takes time to build that foundation, and sometimes it takes a few years of close calls to really hit that ceiling

Greg Obrecht

Reaction score
Our record was notably worse than our performance and ratings. We were talented and generally played well. The staff has laid a great foundation.

We’re not far off from 2020 occurring frequently. Better execution (coaching) and luck.though better players will help to

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
“Iowa” was in response to the question “name a team we lost to this year that we have no chance of beating next year.”

I’m interested to watch the narrative of the 2021 game morph over the next couple months

691831DA-0604-418B-98FB-C59FC4D65B33.jpeg

newsbreaker

Reaction score
Because you lose every player who kept it "close" (your team and coach quit midway second half because the game could not be won). Because it's in Iowa City, not Ames. Because Iowa returns huge chunks of 10 win team, and by Iowa State logic, player development is both predictable and linear, so Iowa will be much better next year compared to this year.

Reaction score
Have we reached the "Dekkers is better than Purdy" and "(Whoever the 2nd string RB is) is better than Hall" point of Winning The Offseason yet?

Dolomitey

McCarthyist fuck
Reaction score
I wanted to mock my cousin over Christmas for his Dekkers hype, but then I remembered Dekkers gets to play Peaches team next year so I just listened and nodded.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Have we reached the "Dekkers is better than Purdy" and "(Whoever the 2nd string RB is) is better than Hall" point of Winning The Offseason yet?
We're not talking about Tyler Goodson up in here are we?

Reaction score
I actually do think Pekkers is going to be better
He very well could be, but one of the many stupid tropes of ISU fandom is the seasons of over-the-top hyping, fawning, and worship of the current starter, until after his last game at which point the unproven replacement is automatically better.

BVHawk95

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
Dekkers has a TD against Iowa's 2nd string D playing prevent, and an absolutely horrific pick against OU. That's it.

The Full Monte

Does Weirdo Fat Guy Shit
Reaction score
From the “Twitter is a cesspool” files…

imagine being this upset about walk on quarterback transferring

Billy Butters

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
From the “Twitter is a cesspool” files…

imagine being this upset about walk on quarterback transferring

LOL, I don't think he is actually upset, Monte. The tone brought a smile to my face. People must add every player on the roster to their twitter feed. Fascinating stuff.

Alan Lomax

has listened to a podcast about this thread.
Reaction score
Sure wish I was friends with that guy.

newsbreaker

Reaction score