Iowa State Football Bashing Thread

Glen

Administrator
Reaction score
When posting a gif, treat it as a picture. Copy the image address, click on the picture (says insert image when you hover your curser) in the toolbar, then click the link icon (by URL when you hover) and paste.

ivan_drago

Fiercely Advocated for Unlimited Transfers
Reaction score
Like Stinky, Sam was asked to no longer continue his education at Iowa, and instead is an Iowa State Cyclone Forever, Loyal, True.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
Thirsty Thursday for the midget.

When I moved to Des Moines, my next door neighbor was an all time great guy, Bob Dyer. All time great guy, former special forces, Bronze star award. He grew up in Dubuque as a gym rat when Orr was coaching there. He took me to an ISU game. We sat right behind Orr. As far as I could see, Orr did zero coaching. Hallihan handled everything. At one point Bob introduced me. Orr responded with "I hate fucking doctors". Had dinner with him that night and for a short time my locker at Glen Oaks (humble brag) was next to him. Bob ran a local book. Zabel was a client. It was quite the experience. I had read an X-ray on Ronnie harmon shortly before leaving Iowa City. This was after he fractured his leg the previous fall. Over beers following mowing our lawns, I mentioned that it appeared healed. The next day the Register headlines were Harmon cleared to play. Bob was a great guy. I miss him. Agent Orange dissolved his body.

TJones3312

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
When I moved to Des Moines, my next door neighbor was an all time great guy, Bob Dyer. All time great guy, former special forces, Bronze star award. He grew up in Dubuque as a gym rat when Orr was coaching there. He took me to an ISU game. We sat right behind Orr. As far as I could see, Orr did zero coaching. Hallihan handled everything. At one point Bob introduced me. Orr responded with "I hate fucking doctors". Had dinner with him that night and for a short time my locker at Glen Oaks (humble brag) was next to him. Bob ran a local book. Zabel was a client. It was quite the experience. I had read an X-ray on Ronnie harmon shortly before leaving Iowa City. This was after he fractured his leg the previous fall. Over beers following mowing our lawns, I mentioned that it appeared healed. The next day the Register headlines were Harmon cleared to play. Bob was a great guy. I miss him. Agent Orange dissolved his body.
That is a real csb.

Wanderer

Stupid Fuck
Reaction score
Nice Doc. Bob was an all-timer on the local sports scene. I moved to Des Moines in 1993 during the early days of local sports radio. Bob was on The Jock locally. Walking encyclopedia of sports, particularly the Hawks.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
Nice Doc. Bob was an all-timer on the local sports scene. I moved to Des Moines in 1993 during the early days of local sports radio. Bob was on The Jock locally. Walking encyclopedia of sports, particularly the Hawks.
And he knew baseball like know else I've ever met. A beer with him was like cocaine. You wanted more. We would play one on one in my driveway. For a little fucker, he was a battler.

Reaction score
Without Bob’s guidance and advice I wouldn’t have the sports talk career that I’ve had, no doubt the biggest influence in my 26+ years. Along with Ric Silvistrini we were on the air when the planes hit on Sept 11. He passed away in his basement wearing his Jock 107 windbreaker, he absolutely loved that station.

MikeyJoe

has a big head
Reaction score
Without Bob’s guidance and advice I wouldn’t have the sports talk career that I’ve had, no doubt the biggest influence in my 26+ years. Along with Ric Silvistrini we were on the air when the planes hit on Sept 11. He passed away in his basement wearing his Jock 107 windbreaker, he absolutely loved that station.
@Miller17 @tcondon explain yourselves!

True or False: You believe that Chris Williams, Cyclone Fanatic Publisher, has inside information about conference realignment too juicy to share on public airwaves.
Explain yourself!!!

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
Without Bob’s guidance and advice I wouldn’t have the sports talk career that I’ve had, no doubt the biggest influence in my 26+ years. Along iwith Ric Silvistrini we were on the air when the planes hit on Sept 11. He passed away in his basement wearing his Jock 107 windbreaker, he absolutely loved that station.
You truly knew Bob. I think it broke his heart to leave sports and try to make a living in stocks.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
There’s no doubt in my mind. I’m so happy that weeks before he passed we spent a couple of hours talking about the Jock, but more so that I shared with him how he influenced as well as impacted me greatly.
Thank you .. There is so much bullshit on this site. I loved Bob, his wife, and two daughters. this cite has forgotten civility.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
He was one of those rare birds- a great DI sportswriter. (He was the editor when I hit IC.)
more than a few times, he would knock me up to talk about games he had traveled home from. I cannot properly describe the emotions of watching Platoon vs how my friend Bob, who spent 12 months there as special forces, felt. He loved reporting on athletics

Reaction score
That’s one sign of a successful life and more important than most of the material things oft brought up. The relationships he made, the lasting positive impressions, and the mentorship and growth he enabled.

Sounds like he was an incredible human and was a man of character.

drbutkus

A little saying
Reaction score
I doubt any one cares, but what the hell matters. I will continue with my friend Bob. I took him to see Platoon, When I was about to be startled, he often had grabbed my arm and said No. What a burden to carry in life, and he did so with such elegance.

StinkyMcFadden

She/Her
Reaction score
He was truly an encyclopedia from what I remember of him on the radio.

"Reminds me of Troy Tillickson from Bellevue. He was undersized but hit like a truck. His dad ran the co-op for many years. A little red haired boy."

Comparing then to now, it's amazing how shitty local sports radio has become. KXNO has a cop on once a week during mornings (and that's the show's best stuff) and they have a guy who likes beer on during multiple shows. "There's a brewery in Buttfuck, Wyoming that puts pickle juice in their IPA."