**Iowa vs. Michigan State Basketball - 2/25/20 - 6pm - ESPN2**

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
FUCK MSU and FUCK Izzo!

Yeah, it was a loss. But despite JoeW being a no-show again, no CJF, the Hawks were still within a bucket at just over 2 minutes left.

Other than JoeW never showing up and missing some FTs, I don't have any real complaints. Officiating got worked to Izzo's favor late in the 2nd half, so that ensured they couldn't lose.

All in all, better than a normal trip over there - with a full healthy team, as well, normally.

Hawk&Balls

NOT a member
Reaction score
Who do they lose beyond Winston next year? They night be in for a down year.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
Love that that missed free throw at the end didn’t cover the -8.5.

Thanksgiving Dinner

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
The league should step in and declare that Wisconsin can't move ahead of us. It is wrong and should be against the law.

Reaction score
When Iowa went up by 8, I think 49 to 41, and then Izzo spazzed out on the court like a PMSing teenager, the game was called differently the rest of the way. Anyone who disagrees is a dipshit.
That isn’t why Iowa lost though.

Lee Beevers

They/Them
Reaction score
Unless Wieskamp stops being a total coward this is another first weekend of the tourney exit. Considering what this team is thats not awful. If he grows some balls they can still be playing the second Thursday.

Thomas Wolsey

Likes Your Post
Reaction score
Wieskamp has to play better. He needs to slow down a little when he gets by guys and play with some confidence.

CamelTones

Has Shoved A Live Shrimp Up His Ass
Reaction score
There were 4 or 5 defensive possessions where 1 guy got completely out of position or jumped at a shot fake from guys that have no interest in shooting from 3 and it resulted in either a wide open 3 or a layup because other guys had to rotate to places they were not suppose to. The most egregious was I believe Evelyn jumping at that white backup pg.

Let him shoot.

Reaction score
6-27 from 3. With Kriener, Connor and Joe T. going 5-11. Luka and Joe both 0-5.

Reaction score
Unless Wieskamp stops being a total coward this is another first weekend of the tourney exit. Considering what this team is thats not awful. If he grows some balls they can still be playing the second Thursday.
Or we have no idea how the bracket will look and what matchups they'll get. And we get CJ back.

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
At this point there's no reason to believe Wieskamp will pull out of this funk. He's so far gone.
I agree he has looked like garbage on offense, but the fact that he’s still playing decent defense and rebounding well gives me hope. This is probably totally different, but I recall a stretch in 2012-13 where we didn’t even want Marble on the court because of how bad he was playing but he came on really strong at the end and in the NIT.

Kamala

Isn't Sure About Gasser
Reaction score
We were never gonna win this game. We are not gonna win @MSU next year or the year after either. It’s just the way it is.

HawkBall23

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
Home JoeW = looks 'All-B10 caliber' semi-frequently

Road JoeW = looks like a 'MVC 8th or 9th guy off the bench' most the time

Silky Johnson

Probably Needs to GFH
Reaction score
But for the love of God someone needs to remind him he’s our second best player. A lot of guys have stepped up nicely in spots but we’re going to be severely limited if he doesn’t get back to his old self.

HerkyHopeful

Might Need to GFH
Reaction score
We were never gonna win this game. We are not gonna win @MSU next year or the year after either. It’s just the way it is.
I want to bow this, but my man is closer to the truth than me telling myself the next trip to Breslin will be different

Reaction score
But for the love of God someone needs to remind him he’s our second best player. A lot of guys have stepped up nicely in spots but we’re going to be severely limited if he doesn’t get back to his old self.
I don't think he needs to be reminded of that. If anything he looks like he needs to chill out. He's pressing beyond belief right now and completely in his head. He knows what the expectations are, especially with CJ out. You can see him hesitant and questioning everything he does.

He needs to get CJ back where he's freed up, hit a couple shots and relax.